WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel

Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Ranked #55 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Uunited States
“"I WILL NEVER SET FOOT AT FOOTE PRINTS AGAIN"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My christmas and holiday was completely ruined by Foote Prints Hotel. We started out on a good foot and ended on a very sour note. during my stay there this December everyone appeared very warm and welcoming all the while not knowing that they were watching my every move to steal items from my room. The worse part about my trip is the lack of professionalism I received as a guest both from staff members and upper management. After complaining and carry on badly that I want my stolen merchandise that was stolen from my luggage, they then accused my family member and said its the visitors that I had coming and going( my family were the ones accused), management went as far as to bring in a lawyer in their discussion with me. No one were courteous in the beginning to say we are very sorry and we will look into the matter immediately. Upon day of check out a police sargeant searched my room to confirm that my missing items were not there and after checkout I had the manager checked the room and nothing was in the room. A few hours later Foote Prints hotel contacted the local police station to say that my items that I complained about miraculous turned up and someone from the hotel went and dropped them off at the hotel. I was intimidated by staff and upper management because I was told that the hotel is owned by an attorney and I was threatened with lawsuit...can you imagine that...I am spending my money as a guest at this hotel and when I complained and got upset about my stolen goods they had the nerve to turn around and intimidate me. As a matter of a fact when I first said that I would share my experience on tripadviser one of the first management that I dealt with said to me "you can't do that girl you will get sued." That is one of the main things that I did not like, becuase I am simply guest there, I kept hearing that the owner is a lawyer and I will be sued if I share my experience at their hotel. I guest they will have to start suing everyone who shared their bad experiences at a hotel. I would never let my dog spend one night at this hotel, they might steal its tail when it is sleeping. I am very disappointed in this hotel and their handling of matters such as the one I experienced.

Room Tip: This hotel was way more expensive compare to some of the other hotels on the strip...my tip would be...
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
15 Thank LBee218

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at FootePrints more than once over the years and continue to find it to be a warm place to stay, the people that work there make it what it is. From the bartender who gave me a little white rum to put on the cut on my foot, to the "take care guy" around that has worked there for many years. The owners seem to be out and about also which helps to make a presence. I have stayed at different spots in Negril, but wanted to use the spa, so this time revisited Footeprints. The masseuse was nice and very professional.
Thanks for a comfortable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank loydown
Hillsboro, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

After spending 3 nights here I came back feeling like a totally new person. Footeprints is a great place to stay. The food is great, the spa is great and everyone on the property was wonderful!!

My family is from Jamaica, so i have been there many times and it is totally worth it to NOT book a resort and get a more genuine feel for the vibes in jamaica at Foote Prints. Best Vacation ever!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank edesharp
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was walking along beach when i came upon Margaret at Foote Prints on the Sands hotel in Negril. She gave me a great pedicure and a wonderful back massage. Although we did not stay at that hotel, the spa services are definately worth a try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

a very quiet time in Jamaica so when I asked for an ocean view I got H3 and my wife and I loved it. The ocean was 30 ft away, a very calm sandy 4 mile long beach great for swimming and wading (shallow a long way out), not much to see snorkling (only tried twice). What nice service as Sherwood kept us very happy w/clean beach towels when we asked. He also waited on us at some meals which were all good. Mighty close to the best lobster I've had in Jamaica at a decent price. Cable TV was functional, shower-good pressure hot and cold. Used a room safe-3$ per day and never had any problems. My wife said w/a price like this must not have room service and she was wrong. Good service while we were walking the beach. Country country very good to eat at and a short walk to the west. Rented a nice corrolla in mo-bay so it was nice to have transportation at about $52 per day including insurance (thank heavens we didn't need) Wife would not drive so I learned to "stay on the left mon". Margaret (sp) does a great spa massage and pedicure manicure and if she is not busy will negotiate the price. Ants and bug bites were a pain but not a big one (bring bug spray) Sunsets from our room were stunning some nights. Will be back if the room is right.

Room Tip: its all about the room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vayden
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

best sunset in jamaica.
but what do i know anyway really?
everyone has their own opinion.
mine is honest.
why?
no idea :!
not my issue, right or wrong?! u decide?
i am a guest; paying for a room; period end of storee.; however, if the room is missing something from home, who do we tell; mom right?! well if its a hotel, is mom there?!!
service.
don't need to cost, 500 a night;
with respect to all the "other" chaynes........
this place. is simply; devine.
my idea of home; how 'bout you?
travel safe.
yoni88 :)

Room Tip: service costs everywhere (gratuity _ min 20%. period. ok...15...try 20 then try 15. if u go in at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were in Negril around New Year. We had booked the hotel beforhand and first when we came we got the poorest room of the hotel, view to somebody's backyard and launry and some machines that looked like dumpsters. When we complained got a little better (only a little) when agreed to pay a little extra. Surroundings of the hotel were ok and location just on the 7 mile beach and a nice cafe/restaurant by the beach BUT the rooms are very bad. I would not recommend to anybody. We stayed during New Years and they had in the night for several hours disco techno music volumed EXTREMELY high. My friend asked severl times that they would put volume a little down but they didnt. We wanted to change to another hotel earlier than our reservation ended but this hotel didnt agree to that (would not give money back). We will not not come back to this one ever. The hotel we stayed after this was totally different quality and only 100 meters a way..

Room Tip: I dont think there are any good rooms..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank TripAnna_71

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandy Haven Resort
#20 of 61 in Montego Bay
CocoLaPalm Resort
CocoLaPalm Resort
#14 of 84 in Negril

Been to Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!