“Home away from Home”

Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Nebraska
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This was at least our 15th trip to Negril. We have always stayed at Foote Prints and have always had everything we could want! We usually go in February, but this was a special trip for our anniversary. The owners, the staff, everyone is just so accommodating! Foote Prints has the best location and is right on the beach. I can't imagine anything closer to paradise than this...Hugs to everyone and we will see you in February!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JulesNebraska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This review is from early april 2010 and is more just to present some pictures of the room we had at footeprints as it seems we stayed at a different property...

Not sure if we got the honeymoon suite? a room that was upgraded and not generally rented out or what, but i'm attaching pictures of our room since it was much different than that described and pictured anywhere else.

our furniture was high end (over the top) expensive wood pieces. huge 4 poster bed, matching dresser and end tables ect... i didn't see any trace of painted wood that wasn't on the wall, and all the patterns on the linens/curtains etc were muted ones....

it was not my style of room, but it was affordable and we liked the location...

I'll not speak to our experiences otherwise since i'm not sure they are still relevant... WISH i could remember our room number, it was in the building that is closest to the beach and furthest from the restaruant... second floor (stairs closest to beach) and on the right hand side once you've turned off those stairs to face the sea...

i apologize that the pictures are kind of crappy.... we traveled with our son (6m at the time) who would go balistic whenever he saw the camera... had to take them quick :)

i remember the food being good and breakfast being included :)

Chelle

Room Tip: ask for the one we had LOL
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Chell00
New York
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I liked the hotel because of it's convenient location. Grocery store and restaurant were across the street making it very affordable to have a snack or beer for a low cost. It was along the seven mile beach which was also great. It was clean but not a fancy hotel by far. The jacuzzi was gross and smelled pretty bad. I had many vacations to Jamaica but I found this hotel to have the most convenient of locations.

Room Tip: air conditioner wasn't cool enough but it was pretty much the same every where.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Spokane, WA
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at Footeprints over Thanksgiving in 2010. The price was great with an excellent location. If you are looking for a clean room on the beach at a great price this is your place.
The rooms are clean, a little dated but clean.
The staff were so so in comparison to other places we have stayed, they seem to be just employees and not really concerned with the guests and the quality of your stay, which was fine.
The restaurant hours are limited so if you leave the hotel and plan on coming back late grab some jerk chicken and bring it back with you.
There are plenty of eating establishments nearby including Step A Side chicken. When in JA you must visit Marshall at Step A Side he will treat you right and is a wonderful guy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel (if you can call it that) the rooms are old and rundown. I viewed a total of 6 rooms whilst at the hotel as I was so happy with the first room and everyone of the rooms were of an appalling standard. The place is dirty, smelly and moulding and crawling with insects and large cockroaches.
The doors are old and unsafe the locks don't work properly. There is no security staff meaning that locals just walk in off the street and beg money from you.
I witnessed drug dealing on the hotel grounds and even had a random dodgy local knock my room door one evening begging for money.
I would never go back to this place. Please do not go if you have children like me. It was the worst time of my life. Ruined my holiday I had to move hotels.
This place puts people's health and safety at serious risk.
Wish I listened to other people reviews and avoided this "hell hole". This is not a overreaction I just want to share my honest experience with others so they don’t have their holiday ruined too!
Please note i really believe that any positive reviews had been added by the management or staff of Foote Prints Hotel to encourage guests as I cannot believe anybody would be happy to pay money to stay at this disgusting awful place!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank sammielou14
hotelfoote, Manager at Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
This hotel employs Guardsman Ltd which is licenced by The Jamaica Tourist Board, in addition,
we employ 2 Guards of our own.
We have our Maintenance Man that sprays the hotel with every week to keep away insects.
I n addition, our housekeepers are provided with aerosol sprays in their caddy to spray the
rooms daily. The fact that this guest saw a dead insect shows that we have our regular eradication program in place
She could easily have communicated to us while on vacation, for us to help her make her stay
enjoyable.
Just a pity that she did not take the time out to really enjoy our grounds, the beach, spa, restaurant.
Many others were at the hotel doing just that!

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here with some friends for one night. the place is over the hill and not maintained. There was no iron or iron board in teh room, there was only one electrical outlet. If the door is locked with a key you couldn't open the door from inside which is ridiculous. The TV gave us problems, they had no orange juice at breakfast, only soda. I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jahmekyan
Minnesota
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here for just one night. I wasn't expecting much from the get go, so there were no surprises. We needed a cheap hotel as part of a package to get free airport transfers and were moving the next night anyway. Yes, we found a dead cockroach in the room. We stopped looking through the dresser drawers as we didn't want any other surprises. The water pressure in the shower was almost non existent, I was able to get a good temp though. The curry chicken at the restaurant was a actually very delicious. The pillows made us laugh; they were these huge "pillow logs". I don't know how to describe it, they were stuffed so full that you felt like you were sleeping on a log. I eventually managed. The rooms were pretty clean, the bedding was clean and beds were nicely made. The patio (although not facing the beach) was comfortable. The beach here really is amazing, I thought it was funny that within minutes of my arriving (to the beach) that I had been offered marijuana, crack, cocaine, special K, and a few others. They understood that I wasn't interested and left me alone. All in all, it takes a certain person to stay here, one who really really just wants to lay on the beach and worry about nothing else. It wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own. I will say this, Banton the cab driver in the lobby will steal from you if he can. He overcharges for his services and if I am correct, he does not even have a JTB license in his window. This is who the hotel will tell you to ride to places with, but you might try to call a taxi yourself? He charge us $10US to go to Burbon Beach, which still seemed a little high, but then when we moved the next day, tried to charge us $20US (do I look crazy to you?!) to take us half that way over to the Riu Palace Tropical Bay (see next review). I felt uneasy and didn't speak up initially, well ever, my friend spoke up and said no way. She argued with him and we ended up giving him $10. Also at the hotel is Andy. Now he was a sweet heart. He hung out with us on the patio and had a few Red Stripes. Was a perfect gentleman and introduced us to his friend Albert as well. We had a good time together just talking and learning more about the Jamaican people. All in all, would not stay here again as I prefer luxury properties, but it isn't some terrible place. Clean rooms, some nice staff, decent food, amazing beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Raelee B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandy Haven Resort
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#30 of 36 in Ocho Rios
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Fun Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!