“I love this place so very much.”

Secrets Cabins on Negril Beach
Ranked #28 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
Mercer Island, Washington
“I love this place so very much.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at secret cabins for 8days over New years 2012. It was clean and beautiful, and so so close to the beach. The staff are so lovely and kind and always remembered my name. The owner of the property was around and made sure to speak to everyone and also learn names. It really was like one big family. I will never stay anyway else when I visit Negril :) secrets for life!

Room Tip: The cabins are small but so cute and really all you need. The bathrooms are 5 steps away and the sho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kateski123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Blessed with three separate week-long visits to Firefly in the last four years, we think of it as home. The beach itself is on the best section of the entire five-mile stretch between Negril and the point near Booby Cay, but the best thing about Firefly is the people who work there. Not only are you perfectly safe, but their vibes simply make you feel happy and relaxed! Bartenders Maxine and Nesrey enjoy serving coffee in the morning, Red Stripes in the afternoon, and the housekeeping staff is 100-percent efficient and trustworthy, willing to do anything extra you ask for. Groundskeeper Oswald keeps the property beautiful everyday. Right next door to the north, skipper Clarence is eager to cater to any boating wishes (snorkeling, spear fishing, sunset cruises, bird-watching trip up the river, sea journey to the Blue Hole, etc.) you can conjure up, all at a reasonable price aboard Dr. Bill's Glass Bottom craft. Crystal clear water is perfect for cooling off in. No place like this in the world.

Room Tip: Cabins are a bargain; outdoor solar showers a delight!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DaveM709
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I read all the reviews on this hotel before booking it and I didn't realize that the cabins sit right in the middle of the firefly property. There are four small cabins across from the check-in office. The largest of the four cabins, which we stayed in, has two full size beds. The smaller cabins looked like closets I felt an anxiety attack coming on when the lady tried to give us a smaller cabin. However after I explained that I booked the larger cabin we were given the correct room. The bathrooms are adjacent to the office and are across from the cabins. There is a full bathroom with a door and lock, a partial bathroom with a door and lock, and two outdoor showers with mini doors. Now the bathrooms were clean our first two days there after that it got gross quick. The full bathroom shower over flowed and flooded the entire floor. It stayed that way for two days. A bit gross.

The property itself is very picturesque and beautiful. The best thing is that it's right on the beach and in the middle of the seven mile beach.

Now my friend and I had a crazy experience because she was robbed as we were walking the beach back to our hotel. We were steps away from the property when a guy ran up on her and grabbed her purse / phone and ran off. We were so shocked and upset by this we didn't know what to do at first. We then found the security for our property and told him what happen. Kenroy was the best security person ever! He helped to calm us down. Gave us a new set of keys. Took us to the police station to file a report and helped us catch the south coast express bus to Kingston. Because our passports were in her purse. We had just arrived in Negril that day. My friend and I made the best out of our experience and enjoyed Kingston by sight seeing and souvenir shopping. It turns out that the purse was found with everything in it, minus the money and cell phone, yet her sim card was in the purse! The US embassy in Kingston was an experience in itself. NEVER lose your passport in Jamaica it'll cost you $135 to replace and they don't have to do it the same day. In the end we had an overall good experience with the embassy and didn't even need new passports 'cause or passports were found. So I spent my birthday in Kingston but that night we got her purse back and our passports.

We Partied hard the rest of the weekend! I would recommend this hotel because the price is great. The atmosphere is very unique and the overall customer service is good. Getting robbed just freaked me out a bit but getting our stuff back demonstrates the greatness of the Jamaican people. See you next year Negril :)

We stayed from Aug. 2 - 6, 2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lasea75
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have stayed at secrets 5 times since 2006..and love it every time, we love how everyone learns and calls you by name from the first day, we love the simplicity and value of the accomodation and we love the location smack bang in the middle of the 7 miles...

Over the years we have made many friends both amongst the guests ,the staff and in general the crew of beach workers that provide their services and goods to this part of the beach...

Whilst the beach hustling bother some travellers to us its the best form of freemarket sun-bed service we have ever experienced...all day everyhing will come to you, from food, to drinks to jewelelry to party invites...Negril beach is alive with activity!

We are relaitevely young (31 and 30) to be full on repeaters.... so we have had to miss this year in negril as we have lots of places to travel to in the world....
but deep down, wherever else we have gone, including exotic places such as the Maldives or as far as Australia and Brazil, we always say to each other that really NOWHERE in the world caters to us the way NEgril and Secrets/Firefly does...

Room Tip: I have stayed in all the cabins but do prefer the first one on the left, nothing to do with the room...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Arnbull
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Quite good experience there, the owner and the staffs were pleasant and helpful. Rustic room with two double bed, one fan, pretty simple, but it was what we needed. There is no common kitchen or such, however there is restaurant few steps away, which are priced as in usa and canada. Beautiful beach, I was impressed, which again is only few steps of your room. Room service each day, little gym, spa, bar, 10 minutes walk of market. I would go there again !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank steven t
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Secrets Cabins are a part of Firefly. The difference is the cabins are rustic and primitve. My room was bare wood, screened slatted windows, and bathrooms across the yard. It's also on the beach, was cleaned and made up very nicely every day, and cost around $30 (US) a night. The resort is nude friendly, the drinks and limited menu at the cafe are reasonably priced, and the beach is perfect. My cabin had a fan i ran during the day to keep cool by, but at night it wasnt needed. Ive stayed in more upscale rooms in negril, but secrets and firefly are now the only place i need.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank taiyu
regina
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I enjoy the sun, but do not enjoy "plastic" all inclusive resorts; we have matured beyond the spring break cattle car mentality; Secrets is a quaint, tidy little spot on the best beach ever; this is a holiday. Tons of soft sand, quiet friendly staff nice littel place to lay your head, and a few minutes from everything...and reasonable. The warmth of Jamaica shines through.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple