“Not a fan”

Ranked #158 of 194 Restaurants in Negril
Dallas, Texas
“Not a fan”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by other guests at our hotel. Personally, we were not fans. I ordered chicken fettuccini alfredo (pregnancy craving!) and hubs ordered jerk chicken pizza. It just wasn’t good, mine had bell peppers and onions, and hubs chicken pizza had a few bones on it. Personal preference, just not a fan.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Felicity C

Champlain, New York
“Food just ok, waitresses great,takes to long to get the food.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have stayed at Rondel for several years now. This year it just wasn't the same at Island Twist. Don't know if there a new cook, but just not the same. Almost like the chief couldn't cook everyones meals at the same time.Donavan the new bar tender kept running back and forth from bar to tables takeing orders away from the waitresses.crazy. The best part of that restraunt was the bartender Delroy he 's amazing and best on the beach. I have and still like this place and will eat there again, just something not right there this year.

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Service and food were very good. Had breakfast, lunch and supper there. Pizza is very good.

• Visited January 2012
Cumberland, Maryland
“Great Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

After reading some recent negative reviews about this restaurant, I thought perhaps new management had taken over, as it has always been one of my favorite places to eat in Negril. During my recent trip, I ate more than several meals (breakfasts, lunches, and dinners) there, and I can honestly say, that I'm not sure what the reason was for the recent negative reviews. As a matter of fact, the restaurant still has some of the best pumpkin soup, I've ever eaten. The grilled lobster and Lobster Thermidor, were both excellent dishes, and a bit cheaper than some other places that serve lobster in Negril. The lobster in the thermidor was huge! Also, one of my favorite dishes is the Pepper Shrimp and it was excellent as usual. The staff goes out of their way to please the diner. For example, one night I asked for brown stew shrimp, and, although it is not on the menu, the kitchen was very happy to make it for me. One of my friends also asked that his Pepper Shrimp be served over pasta, instead of with the usual rice, again the kitchen was more than pleased to accomodate his request. The same went for breakfast service -- the kitchen was very happy to make an omelet using the egg whites only. One problem is that the restaurant has no appetizers on it's menu, so if you don't feel like eating a large meal, you will have to order from the lunch menu. The staff from the bartenders to the waiters/waitresses are very friendly, and, although service can be slow at times, it is no slower than other restaurants in Negril. Anyway, I was glad to see that the negative reviews were a matter of personal opinion, and not due to any changes in the restaurant staff of management. Again, I personally feel that it is an excellent restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ochifan
Houston, Texas
“The worst food I've ever had anywhere”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Recently stayed at Rondel Village for a week. After the second day we never ate here again. The food at this place is down right bad. It's inedible and very very poor quality. One meal in particular actually made me ill. It should not be allowed to serve anything besides coffee. It's a shame because Rondel Village is a wonderful place, but Island Twist is a disgrace.

• Visited August 2011