Tensing Pen Resort
$270
$162
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Charela Inn / Le Vendome(Negril)(Great Value!)
$119
$179
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$139
$56
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$70
$60
$180
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Breakfast included
$109
$53
  • Pool
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$145
$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrock cottagesouth houselong housepine pillarrhodesian ridgebacksrazor bladegarden cabinras rodymassage hutthe cliffcontinental breakfast issea grapejump offyogurtwaves crashingair conditioningfront office
Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's one of those places where you want to tell people that they won't like it just so that you can keep it to yourself. It's a paradise; a playground for adults. It's quiet, peaceful and it feels like you're at a cottage somewhere back home except you're in beautiful Negril!

You get to watch some of the most beautiful sunsets and the stars at night are spectacular, relax on your own little private terrace and if you're lucky, you may even see a pack of dolphins swimming by as you're having your morning cup of joe.... but like I said... you won't like it ;)

As you will probably read in other reviews; it is not all inclusive. The staff is extremely nice and friendly but do not expect to have someone bring you breakfast in the morning. It's not that kind of place, (and it was perfectly fine by us). It is a unique experience in many ways. And just as a side note: the food at night is -phenomenal-.

I read a lot of reviews about the noise, bah! It's not that bad....Here's my advice; we asked for a stand alone fan in our room because we like sleeping with a fan back home...... it muffled the sound quite a bit... Besides we found ourselves to be so wiped from snorkeling and staying out in the sun all day that we slept like babies at night!

Anyways.. I could write a novel about that place, it was an amazing experience. We will be back again. A&G

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked the Tensing Pen blind after reading Tripadvisor and other suggestions. My wife and I were having a small wedding (party of 6 including us). Our family was not staying with us (a blessing!!) and we had spent 4 days in Negril already when we arrived at the Tensing Pen. Our wedding was there and we had a couples massage given to us as a gift. The wedding was on site and the dinner was on site. We stayed in South House 2, the upper air conditioned unit on the very south end of the property. Our building has a metal vaulted roof with a/c and stone walls. Our porch was huge with two chaises and two chairs. Our bed was a 4 poster and the bathroom was neither big nor small. The positives of the room: The porch was huge and the room cooled easily. The negatives of the room: the neighboring property has 3 dogs who can get riled up. They can get the property's dogs riled up then all hell breaks loose for a moment. Also, the south view is of a residential home and casita, so its a little less stunning than some of the huts and not nearly as quiet and private as the sea grape units on the north side of the property. Another negative is that the rooms are shared by a stairwell, which carries sound. As Tensing Pen is mostly couples, and this IS Jamaica, you can pretty much throw discretion out the window. If this is an issue, book a hut. We probably will next time.

The grounds are stunning. Niemy (spelling?) the groundskeeper was a please to chat with and was proud of his work. Jump the bridge, jump the cliff, chill on the couch, chill by the pool, chill chill chill. Several of us had the same feeling that the Tensing Pen is like a quiet oasis; outside the gate is noise and traffic and hustle, but inside the Tensing Pen, that all melts away. Positivies of the resort: Massage was great. We had a pedicure on our deck as well. The massage was in their tent on the water and was a treat. The pool is nice, though rarely used and there are all sorts of places to lie in a hammock or jump in the water. Negatives are a less than stellar view on the south end of the property and it can be a noisier on the south end because your close to Ivans and Ricks and the lighthouse, all of which you can see from the balcony.

The restaraunt and bar are homey and nice. The food is reasonably priced and delicious. The drinks are expensive, with a mixed drink costing you $9.60 without a 20% tip. This can be fixed by going across the street and buying a bottle and some mixer, but its such a nice bar, it would be nice if you could drink affordably in it. The food was fantastic and we ate there often. We had continental breakfast included and we looked forward to meeting with our new made friends in the morning over granola and strong coffee. We hope to see them again when we return to celebrate a future aniversary. Overall, the only negative of the restaraunt and bar is the drink prices. We can still smell the chef getting ready for the dinner menu when we think back to our stay.

For those getting married, we had the Tensing Pen basic wedding package, which included 25 photos, set up, flowers, minister, paperwork, coordinator (Shanique) and other things I can't remember. You will have to fed ex your paperwork to Jamaica, ($87 from Ohio). Chair rental was $7 per person (we only had 4 people and got off cheap) and our party was small, so we had a private table at the cost of $60 to set up and tear down. I paid for my wife's hair to be done ($96). The girl that did her hair said she was doing her make-up as well. My fiance didn't know it wasn't included and we were charged an extra $120 for the make-up, which turned out to be a seperate charge. My wife did not know this, so the charge was a bit of a shock. Also a shock was a $140 charge to steam press a dress, a pair of pants and a shirt. A bit excessive. You will get your pictures quickly. I would attempt to work with the photographer and buy all your pictures. 25 pictures will get used up quickly and $5 a picture will add up. Why am I telling you this? Prepare for unexpected expenses, always ask questions and establish a price before you do anything or you can't complain. We didn't complain about the charges; it was our wedding and we want to return to the Tensing Pen again and again. I should have known the make-up wasn't included with the styling and I should have asked how much the pressing would be (we brought a steamer but figured it would be one less thing to worry about) Overall, our needs were met, the grounds were lovely, the food was great and the experience is something my wife will never forget. The negatives were not enough to keep us from going back to the Tensing Pen. We can't wait to celebrate a future aniversary there and hope to reconnect with old friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights in the North pillar and the best part was sitting out on the balcony stirring at the sea no more the 50 yards away and being able to keep your balcony doors open all day and night. It is a little more private then the other pillars but you don't hear the waves crashing as much as the pillars because of the cove on the other side, that would have been nice to block out the sound of barking dogs and music at night sometimes. The staff and restaurant were wonderful and very helpful, Razor the bartender is very funny.The dogs were great and friendly and it seems you only see about a dozen people at a time at the resort. Jumping off the bridge and cliffs was a big highlight for me and floating on the rafts around the cove can not be beat!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rock Cottage One for a week from the end of January to the beginning of February. We spent our anniversary there. It was so incredibly beautiful! Our patio opened up to the ocean, and every evening we could see the sun setting into the water. The staff at the office was fantastic, and we saw them almost every day to reserve events around the island, or to get change for large bills. The only downside we had was a rat was in our room one evening, and I flipped out. The staff calmed me down, got me some water, and changed us over to the Red Branch cottage for the evening. We wanted to keep our room because of how beautiful it was, so after we spent the night at Red Branch, we changed back to Rock Cottage. They compensated us for having the inconvenience of the rat, which we appreciated. Rock Cottage One isn't air-conditioned, but the ceiling fan and floor fan was nice. If you get warm easily, I would suggest one of the air-conditioned rooms. I was mostly comfortable with the heat, as I tend to be cold. I loved the dogs on-site, and we saw a cat at one point, so people with allergies should be warned. My husband has bad allergies but was alright with the animals, as they didn't go into our room.

Room Tip: Look at the map online to see where the rooms are. We found a map from a wedding through a Google search and compared it to a Google satellite maps picture to choose where we wanted to be.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wonderful location for hosting a wedding, our friends got married there and it was the perfect environment.would recommend the long house for a group if friends to stay in for the beat deal on price and prime entertaining location on the property .their massage tent is wonderfully situated on the far end of the property with the relaxing ocean breeze and sounds of the waves crashing around you.

• Stayed: January 2013