“very pretty do visitt”

$135.00*
Private Negril Highlights Tour from Montego Bay
Ranked #15 of 58 things to do in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: This lighthouse, built in 1894, affords breathtaking views of the coast.
St. Petersburg, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very pretty do visitt”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

wentt to negril lighthouse with taxi and walked round with the taxi driver giving us a guided tour

the lightthouse is not very big but is very picheresque

im not sure how old it is. to find it take the West End Road until after Ricks cafe and the lightthouse is there on the left

some loverly views of the ocean as well

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A fun little climb”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is worth the climb up the narrow stairs to enjoy the views. We asked a lot of questions and got a nice history of the area from the keeper for just a small donation. Definitely worth doing

Nashville, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Sunset at the lighthouse - amazing!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Was celebrating my birthday in Negril and talked my friends into visiting the lighthouse... while there we were able to watch some cliff diving entertainment and took some great pics near the cliff... We were running behind schedule and didn't make it to Rick's Cafe in time to watch the Sunset - but watching it from the lighthouse was amazing.. I'm afraid of heights and didnt think it would be THAT bad LOL... after the climb and realizing we would actually be OUTSIDE on the observation deck instead of inside looking out - I was terrified my heart was beating about a 1000beats per minute LOL... but it was worth the climb... my friends got some good pics -- mine weren't so good LOL .. I told them to NEVER let me talk them into doing anything else, but it was a great experience - Mr. Johnson is very sweet, I was able to take a pic with him and the key to the lighthouse. No fee to visit... just a tip for Mr. Johnson taking time out of his busy schedule to take us to the top - well worth it!

Greenwich, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The history of Negril must see....”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Negril for over 10 years and have always heard about the Negril lighthouse. Unfortunately we always see to be have beach gravity when in Negril. This past March 2013, we ventured to the lighthouse. A short cab ride to the West end was well worth leaving the beach. Our taxi driver pulled down this gravel driveway to a caretakers home to alert him that we had arrived. It is customary to give him a tip at the end of your tour our taxi driver informed us. We entered into the most beautiful lighthouse and begun our lovely tour and the history of the lighthouse. Filled with a lot of the education of the lighthouse and the history of the West end. Warning it was not any easy climb to the top as the ladder stairs get narrow and steeper as you climb. The view from the top is spectacular! A must see...

Visited March 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I got to watch the sunset from the top of the lighthouse. It was an amazing memory I will never forget. Sometimes there is a guy at the cliffs below that will get a ladder and take you down to a part of the cliff closer to the water.

Visited March 2013