CocoLaPalm Resort
$161
$101
$55
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
$59
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$141
$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$165
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,224 results
All reviewscoco la palmjerk chickenjunior suitecontinental breakfastbeach barthe banana breadhot tubseven mile beachpattiespatty manstandard roomadult poolsun beachdirectly across the streetcoffee makerbeach securitysecurity guys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I have been to Coco la Palm 3 times and I always have trouble picking a knew place to go travel to because Coco is the most wonderful hotel to stay at!! I have stayed at both the Coco Inn and Coco la Palm, they are all in one area they are just on opposite sides of the pool. Both times we were able to get oceanfront rooms and that is the ticket! The rooms are very clean and the maids clean up all the sand and organize all your things on your vanity so there is no mess when you go to get ready to go out for the evening. I was lucky to have a friend get married there and it was the most laid back gorgeous wedding I have ever been to!! The ocean is crystal clear blue and you can walk out for what seems like forever and still see your toes. The staff is treated so well by their employers and you can tell that they are because they are in turn so friendly and they take pride in their hotel and keep the place beautiful! The gardens and hedges and flowers around the rooms make it feel lush someone is always tending to the landscaping. The food is excellent warm fresh baked banana bread for breakfast, jamaica coffe and eggs anyway you like! The vendors on the beach do not pester you unless you start talking to them first, in which case if you want something you can barter with them as they come buy! You don't have to leave your sunchair to shop, they come with yummy icecream, fresh coffee beans, fresh squeezed oj, cigarettes, cigars, t-shirts, fresh fruit, but if you feel you want them to leave and you'll talk later to them, just look up to the beach security right by you and instantly they will leave you alone. We've gone out to dinner at many places the best are 1. Fun Holiday 2. Margaritaville(commercial, good for burgers and fries) 3. Coco la palm and there is one other place with a jaimacan bobsled by the steps and a pool table which has the BEST PIZZA! Good advice if you are going out to eat go before you gey hungry because they move a little slower there! All in all this is the best place EVER!!

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank jasonandnisa
Reviewed September 12, 2006

Just returned from CCLP and had the most relaxing vacation ever! The rooms arent great but they are very clean and we thought the beds comfortable. The staff makes you feel very welcome and they are genuine in there friendlieness. Scugie (maint)and Tony (towels) are great! We stayed in the renovated part of the property but the rooms in the other half aren't much different. It may be the best part of the beach though. The trees are close to the water and provide good shade if you just want to lounge. The restaurant is very good. We ate most of our meals out though to try different things and save a little money. A few observations if you haven't been to Negril before. The blue Mtn coffee isn't that cheap anymore. The cheapest I found was at the duty free mall for $14.lb most places it's $18>. The boat bar has cheap drinks and Pat has reasonable messages right next to it. Fun Holiday has goood food that's pretty cheap. Lobster fried rice $10 and usually a buffet for 600J. The tree house has expensive wine :-(. Cherela, great blue mtn coffee in the PM! Most of the restaruants are good. The lobsters you buy on the beach for $7 dont seem worth it. I don't remember the name of the italian place but it's excellent. don't bother exchanging money it's not worth the hassle. The craft area is the best place under the bridge to buy stuff. If you like art check out Jamaica Jane accross from Idle Awile or the CCLP art shop.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank smacdo
Reviewed August 29, 2006

This hotel needs some work. There were too many ants in the room. Room looks comfortable but while laying on the bed you will feel like you are being bitten and you will by the tiny ants that are even on the bed. The bathroom was the worst at night. Once you turn on the lights ants are all over the bathroom sink. If you choose this hotel do not stay in room 411...I repeat do not pick room 411. Some hightlights of the property are the jacuzzi is nice. And the beach is beautiful. It is in walking distance of nightlife. Food at hotel is ok. Better off going to town for burger king.Or across the street for good jerk chicken. I did make the best of a not so good situation and my boyfriend and I had a good time there. The people who worked there were very nice and accomodating which was very nice. I did love the beach. The pools could use some work. Espically the deep water pool by the beach it looks disgusting. Oh did I mention a lizard came in the room. Oh yes when we opened the door one fell on my boyfriend when he hit it off it ran in the room. We had to pretty much chase it out. I can say it was an experience. Downtown was cool just be ready for children who ask you for money outside of the supermarket and cambio.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vcam
Reviewed August 25, 2006

I stayed at Coco from Aug. 12 until 19th. The arrival at the airport and customs was very quick. I came in on a Sat. and the line moved quickly and efficiently. The van ride to the Coco was pleasant, no problems. I would give the resort an average rating. It has a 4 star rating, but not like a 4 star in the U.S. or in Europe. (I have been to JA 2 other times staying in MOBay and stayed at an inclusive) The other resorts were quite a bit nicer but also quite a bit more expensive. I started out with a room facing the fence that faced the road (right by the gift shop) and it was noisy and as a female traveling alone, I requested an inside room if they had one available. They accomodated me the next morning and even gave me a choice of rooms. (no cost to me) All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the housekeeping staff was awesome (Nadia) you were great! The front office helped me out with questions, etc. Food wise, the beach bar had decent food, above average jerk chicken! The breakfast is great and coffee the best! I would skip the dinner at Coco. Most drinks at Coco are $4.75 Beer or mixed drinks. Right next door is a bar that offers red stripe for 100 JA ($1.50) and they are $4.75 at Coco bar. (That is not a criticism of Coco, just an observation) There is also a bar a short walk down the beach that offers every day a different drink that is 2 for 1, example, Mon. Pina Colada, Tues, Dirty Banana; and it was great! Tony on beachstaff is great! (Hi Tony) The room, I don't know what to say without sounding too critical and I so loved the staff at Coco. The room was okay, just barely. Air conditioner worked and they kept it very clean, but was pretty old and mold on bathroom wall and ceiling in both rooms I stayed in and beds were not very comfortable to me. I would stay at the resort again because the beach area was the biggest and prettiest and the staff could not have been any more accomodating/friendly; but the rooms need some work. Just be prepared for a room similar to a Motel 6 in the U.S. (Or at least the 2 rooms I stayed In and the two others I looked at) Extremely basic but were clean and the tv had several cable channels, I don't go to JA to watch TV but for those interested they had lots of cable and mostly the beach, definitely a 5 star beach and staff at Coco!

Stayed: August 2006
10  Thank jamaicansun
Reviewed August 7, 2006

It was a three hour flight from Detroit to Montego Bay Jamaica. The hour and a half ride to the resort was nice, it gave me plenty of time to see the parishes and people of Jamaica. The van drivers play reggae music and will usually stop for drinks or food if you ask them to while your riding to your resorts. The parishes are full of market places to buy goods and you see people along the road side selling fresh fruit and food to eat. From the moment we arrived the staff was awesome. William is the resort manager and personally sees that everyone is enjoying their stay. The resort is very private and the landscape is rich in tropical vegatation. Our room was decorated in the tropical theme and was kept very clean. Tony who works the beach area is wonderful with the visitors, making sure you have everything you need. We very greated with a hello every time we passed staff while walking through the resosrt. The staff has 24 hour security (Don) so theres no fear in being along the beach at night. I ate breakfast and lunch at the resort but never dinner. Charlie and the other cooks are great with their culinary skills. Don't forget to try the callilou which is the local vegatable like our greens here in the States. The resort has a grill area for quick snacks and meals and a beautiful bar area to relax and spend time with friends. The resort is right on the beach so you can relax and enjoy the sights. Joan in the salon can give you the local look of braids in your hair. Monday nights the resort host a welcome party which is a nice way to socialize with the staff and other visitors. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this resort to other visitors and will visit this resort many times in the near future. Hello to Marie our room housekeeper. Donovon and Buddha also do outstanding work at the resort keeping things looking beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Best4last