CocoLaPalm Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Rayon Hotel(Negril)
View Hotel
Nirvana on the Beach(Negril)
  • Pool
Coco La Palm(Negril)
1,224 results
All reviewscoco la palmjerk chickenjunior suitecontinental breakfastbeach barthe banana breadhot tubseven mile beachpattiespatty manstandard roomadult poolsun beachdirectly across the streetcoffee makerbeach securitysecurity guys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2005

We spent 3 nights at the CCLP, after staying 3 nights at the Blue Harbour in Port Maria (Jamaica "country"), followed by 2 nights at the Coyoba in MoBay. We had nothing but a great time and experience at the CCLP. It was clean, food was good (you have to try the acki and saltfish for breakfast), and the staff was nice, particularly on the beach. The beach is kept clean, and the security staff chases vendors off quickly unless you call them over. Mike who keeps the beach raked, gets lounge chairs, and will make any arrangement for water sports is just wonderful. Steve too. The rest of the staff was not too interested in us, but that was fine. The location is wonderful - right smack in the middle of the 7 mile beach. You can walk to the Sea Splash to the Norma restaurant (one of the best in Negril), or to the Koyoba for another great meal, and to Margaritaville. The resort is very quiet at night. Price was right.

Like I said, no problem, mon. Highly recommend it if you want a quiet, clean, safe place with a great beach, and decent food, and good price.

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank Bobo-Bolinski
Reviewed July 4, 2005

I never write reviews but I had to on this one...We stayed at the Coco la Palm from 7/1/05 to 7/4/05...upon approaching the hotel I immediately sensed my concerns from the look of the lobby...by the time I reached my room some of my concerns subsided with exception of an ant problem, a few holes in the sheets and sheet rock shedding from the bathroom ceiling..
On the positive side the room was spacious, had a refrig and had a partial view of the ocean..
Okay now breakfast...I had the pancakes and they were hard and gummy...my hubby had the eggs and he had fewer complaint with his choice..the next day we decided to try the Treehouse which was a few hotels down from the Coco la Palm..good choice! fresh fruit, waffles and made to order omelets and a few jamaican dishes..$11.00us

The beach was right in the hotels backyard which was great..the staff was pleasant and the hotel manager, William, was helpful..the lady at the afternoon bar lacked customer service but that's what you get at a 2 star hotel..

The highlight of our trip was the Lobster house at the Sunset Club..(restaurant)...great food, wine, bread, and service..$25us

Would I stay here again....not bad for the price but I personally prefer the perks of higher star hotel..with that said NO!

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank twopopin
Reviewed July 3, 2005

I know you want a long review but it makes me both sad and happy to remember my trips. I have been to CLP twice with my husband. We have also stayed at Charela and IdleAwhile (next door). Loved the rooms at CCLP (they have already been described). The beach has both shade and sun and the beach people are great. They will get you whatever you want. Lunch is great the bar an BBQ shack is great during a "passmeby." A rainshower for the inexperienced.
The waitresses are great, remembering me from year to year. Walk down the beach for real Jamaican fare. Stop at any small place for great foods. Even the places with tables out on the beach are great. Try the rock lobster in many differen t ways.
We had planned a trip back before my husbands sudden death. With a little more time to heal, I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2003
5  Thank emmalu
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed June 17, 2005

well where do i start? When we first arrived at the "resort" and i do use that word very loosley, we werent even greeted with friendly faces. The whole time my fiance and I felt like we werent even welcome there. Our room was so small, we didnt let this bother us because we would only be sleeping there and we figured we would be out having fun most of the night. That was NOT the case. We felt like we were trapped in out hotel room because everything closes at 11. I reccomend going downtown to the grocery store and pick up snacks for your room. Then the second day we were there my SHOES WERE STOLEN RIGHT OFF OF OUR BALCONY! i couldnt believe someone would steal my USED flip-flops! i had to go to the gift shop and spend 12$ on fllip flops to wear. Almost every night our power went off for about 5 min, it wasnt a huge deal but the people at the front desk were very rude about it. To top it off the pool facilities were closed a lot. If you must go to Jamaica dont forget the BUG SPRAY!!! we got eaten alive by mosquitos and sand fleas. the stores on the beaches charge at least 10$ for bug spray. Also be very weary of people trying to take advantage of you. everyone wants to help you out and be your friend as long as you pay them. NO ONE does anything out of the goodness of their heart. So my reccomendation is to just stay away from jamaica....but if you must....stay at Riu or Beaches or Sandals....where they know how to treat people!

• Stayed: June 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Keller, TX
Reviewed June 7, 2005

We just returned from a 10-night stay at the CCLP hotel (our 1st trip to Jamaica). The hotel was great. We initially booked a standard room. It was fine, but we chose to upgrade to a suite for $25 a night. It was well worth it. The suite was huge! It had a very large bathroom with a massive shower and 2 shower heads. The balcony was very spacious. The ladies at the front desk were very accomodating. Mikey on the beach was the best!!! He gladly would get you whatever you needed. The beach was beautiful and very clean!!! We were prepared for vendors to approach us on the beach, but it was really out of control how many times a day we had to say "no thank-you". It was literally about 30-40 times a day, and 80% of them do offer you drugs. After speaking with other couples at other AI resorts, they did not have to deal with this at all. CCLP does have security (24/7) and they won't let the vendors linger around, but the vendors are allowed to offer you things. We travel a lot, and we chose not to go all-inclusive on this trip because we wanted to venture out and explore different restaurants and the area. If we went back to Jamaica, I'm not so sure we would do the same thing again. From a financial standpoint, we ended up spending the exact same amount of money that we would have if we went to the AI Rui Tropical Bay (4 star resort). From a safety standpoint, we did not feel an overall sense of security when we got too far from the hotel in the evening. Here are some great restaurants: Norma's, Xtabi, Kubaya & Rockhouse. Our negative opinions don't necessarily have to do with the hotel, but Jamaica in general. Overall, CCLP is a very nice hotel and we would recommend it if you are not going all-inclusive!

• Stayed: June 2005