“Friendly, clean hotel in a great location”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My sister and I stayed here in September 2012 after booking a deal through CheapCaribbean. It was the best reviewed hotel we could find a deal for on the seven-mile beach, and we were not disappointed. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff are all quite friendly. There is free drinking water (a major plus), and wi-fi. The continental breakfast was not great, but it was not bad either. We met a lot of guests -- some couples, some families, some singles -- who told us that they had been to Coco LaPalm many times before, so that should serve as a pretty good endorsement. I'd stay here again if I went back to Negril.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mikehotelkilo

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe room at Coco in April 2013. Got a great rate through Negrilonestop. Really loved my room, had everything I needed, bed was comfy and large and the shower was great, good water pressure. The hotel was pretty well full and I ended up located right at the front (road) right beside the parking lot....not the best location, but at least the patio area had nice foilage around. Office staff were well trained and helpful, courteous.

The biggest downside/disappointment was the wifi. Tried going to the pool area where it's supposed to have the strongest signal....got the option for cocolapalm but didn't get the option to enter my password. Asked around and was told that a lot of people use the wifi from Sandy Haven next door as the signal is much stronger and there is no password. After that, that is all I used. Finally, on my last day while I was trying to check in for my flight, I got the option to enter a password for Coco, but didn't have my password with me. That's about the only improvement needed at Coco, amp up your wifi signal and ensure that it can be accessed somewhere out of the hot sun or rain.

I ended up catching a bad cold/flu prior to arrival, unfortunately it really put a damper on fully enjoying my stay there. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Deluxe was very nice, a little small, great for one person.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melody L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Why spend more when you have an awesome hotel in a top notch section of Negril beach. Seriously, you have fresh fruit, jerk chicken, conch soup (my personal fav) all within walking distance. In some cases, only a few steps away from your beach chair. Really awesome! Will def go back :)

2  Thank Gilbert S
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to CocoLaPalm but our third to Jamaica. The staff was friendly and nice to us. The rooms were clean, the beach was awesome! Simply loved to sit underneath the mango trees in the dappled sunlight all day long. You have to go to the bar for happy hour, the pineapple daiquiris are delicious. Oh yea, the orange french toast at the restaurant is a must. The pools are clean and the jacuzzi was hot. Will be going back!

1  Thank NCLisaDan
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Four ladies stayed at Coco LaPalm for 1 week at the end of April. Do not book a superior room as you may be located at the back of the resort facing the road. Best to book a deluxe room. We were upgraded to a much better room on the beach, but only after agreeing to pay $75US extra per night. Our friends were upgraded right away at no charge. The hotel rooms are very clean and the staff is very pleasant. The restaurant serves great breakfasts and the fresh-baked banana bread and coffee was excellent.The beach is great, but we were approached every day by Jamaicans trying to sell us weed! We watched the transactions by a man on the beach who was stationed in front of our resort. He not only sold weed, but arranged for ladies for those who requested such company. However, the beach is public and there appears to be very little the hotel could do. Do try Kuyaba's and Ivan's for sunset and dinner. Ivan's is a better choice than Rick's Cafe--same sunset. Would not return to Jamaica because of the drugs.

Room Tip: Definitely a 3-star hotel with great staff. Book a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoAnne F
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My room was booked by the bride included in the wedding package and I was impressed king bed suite by the beach I just wished there's wifi in the room have to go out by the pool or bar to get signal
Great place to stay

2  Thank Jon R
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Seven Mile Beach in Negril along with Coco Lapalm has become my favorite beach destination...As others have said, this is not a 5 star hotel where you will be pampered all day and night, but it has the best beach in one of the best beach destinations in the world. The rooms are always clean and safe and the staff attentive to your needs. The free Monday night manager's reception is fun and the beach grill has excellent beach food including jerk chicken, Do not miss out on the jerk chicken at the Best of the West across the street. The entire resort is immaculate, the pools very clean and the hot tub awesome; especially at night!

The location without a doubt is the best on Seven Mile Beach with the most waterfront and sand for the size of the hotel. Yes, the beach vendors can be persistent, but Andrew the Security Guard with the stick does a great job moving them along or standing along side guests who wish to purchase to make sure they do not get taken advantage of. The hotel is smack in the middle of Seven Mile Beach and one can walk either way for food, entertainment, a drink or to just walk and enjoy the day and amazing surroundings!

The breakfast voucher is outstanding with a booking through Negril One Stop for the best prices. You get a continental breakfast, but can upgrade to a full breakfast for 2 for $10-12 including tip. Please book with One Stop for thre best prices and service and book transportation with them from and back to the airport with the Malcom brothers. Always a good and safe ride and they gladly stop so you can pick up groceries along the way.

As far as the 75-80 degree crystal clear turqouis water that gently laps the white sand, what more do I need to say?

Room Tip: You get value for whatever style room you pay for but do ask to be away from the road which can be n...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple