Jackie's on the Reef
$190
Travelocity
$90
$65
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$78
$192
$160
$854
$484
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbody scrubspa treatmentsbamboo massageoutdoor bathroomevery morningbreakfast and dinnergeodesic domegroup retreatnatural foodconstant soundmorning yoga classesmassage therapistpeaceful retreatcaribbean seafacing the seamain buildingtotal relaxation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2007

A little piece of heaven...this place was amazing. Jackie, herself was lovely and such a wonderful host. The spa treatments were wonderful and the food delicious. A truly spiritual place that left my mom and myself, feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. I can't say enough wonderful things about Jackie's.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
9  Thank plk1Chicago
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Please beware of Jackie Lewis. I spent 5 days at Jackie's on the Reef, Jackie did not take me on any tours she advertised. I asked her 4 days out of the 5 days I spent there about going on the tours, she always had an excuse. She advertised watching the sunset, the moon and the stars. That consist of her sitting on the steps of her spa resort and talk ing about the sunset, the moon and the stars, I can do that in my own backyard, I don't have to travel to Negril, Jamaica to do that. She also advertised "seeing the dolphins play", there are no dolphins. She is only concerned with getting your money. Also, it is required that you give her "entire" staff a tip, even the grounds keeper. You don't find this out until it's time for you to pay your balance at the end of your trip. I was shocked about that, the grounds keeper did not provide a service to me. I was truly upset that I spent 5 days at Jackie's on the Reef and did not go on any tours as she advertised. The spa treatments I received there were no different than the spa treatments I have received at home in Maryland. I would not recommend Jackie's on the Reef to anyone I know. If you decide to visit Jackie's on the Reef, you are visiting at your own risk. I advise you to please beware.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
28  Thank SistaGirl
Reviewed March 1, 2006

I celebrated my 40th birthday at Jackie's on the Reef. It was the best vacation I've ever had. It was relaxing, spiritually invigorating, intellectually stimulating, and psychologically rejuvenating. The food was great--- prepared with health and nutrition in mind, yet delicious and unique. The owner, Jackie Lewis, treats her guests like family. She is a wonderful person who truly exemplifies what can happen when one follows his/her dreams. I loved every moment I spent at this cozy spa. It appealed to my every desire and took away my winter time blues. I feel like I was cradled and rocked into my 40th year by the peaceful atmosphere, the warm sea breeze, the outdoor yet private showers and the sound of Jackie's laughter. I also had the best massage I've ever had in my life!

• Stayed: February 2006
20  Thank GeorgiaW55
A TripAdvisor Member
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2005

Jackie's on the Reef with the amazing backdrop of the Caribbean Sea and Coral Reef was beautiful. Built in the style(I'm told) of a Buddhist Temple with verandas all around on which are bamboo cots, hammocks and comfortable chairs facing to or from the ocean as you choose along with dining tables where dinner is served each night on beautiful antique linens with local flowers and candles. Meals were wonderful, local smoked red snapper with watercress salad, couscous, and green beans served with fresh squeezed juice of the day laced with ginger is typical . The meal would end with a variety of herbal teas sweetened with raw sugar or honey. Conversation is spirited at the dinner table where most of the guests congregate. Jackie Lewis, the host is a beautiful well toned and well tanned woman who subscribes to the New Age religion and is not very receptive of the Christian religion which worships Jesus Christ. The New Age religion is appreciative of His creations, sea, stars, sunsets, but don't see Him as the Creator. The constant playing of New Age music is a bit disconcerting, calming for a period but I would have liked to hear something below the 3rd "Shakra", (a yoga term). Jackie and a few others she hires are great yoga and breathing instructors. The treatments were to die for. The herbal scrub was the best. Exfoliating, then scrubbing with warm sea water and herbs, being brushed down with an herbal broom then rinsed with warm sea water again while waves crash in the background. At night the constant crashing of waves on the reef right outside my bedroom window made for the best rest and sleep I've had in years. I would recommend this place but would advise you to come with your beliefs intact and enjoy the beautiful creation. I visited in March 2005.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2005

Jackie's on the Reef is overrated. JOF was advertiesed as a tropical getway full of relaxation and peace. On the contray, the hostess Jackie made it her peroggative to be overly involved in the daily activities and needless to say it is annoying. Her staff was great although she treats them poorly. I went in April of 2004, there was no water in the pool as promised and several other things were not there as promised. If you don't mind 170.00 per night to have a house mom or monitor this is the trip for you. However, if you do not want someone looking over your shoulder I would strongly advised not going to Jackies on the Reef it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member