My wife and I were not prepared for the world we stepped into when we arrived at Jackie's on the Reef. I had extended our warm weather vacation by making reservations at Jackie's through a Living Social deal. When I realized this all natural resort and spa had no TV's, no radios, signs that said "turn your cell phone off", my type A personality started to revolt. Within an hour Jackie's had totally immersed me in her world and I totally relaxed. My wife was thrilled with the environment immediately. We stayed in a round room separated from the main building and it was so different and perfect in size and decor and had a huge screen-covered opening to look out on the grounds and the beautiful blue Caribbean. The bath facilities were open air with a high wall around them and very adequate. At dinner that night I asked one of the guests if they knew what time it was since they had a watch on. Jackie, who ate with us most nights, interrupted quickly and said "night time". The message was clear and correct, it really didn't matter what time it was. The personnel are very good at what they do and extremely friendly. The treatments are professional, well done and effective. Jackie is a unique individual that you will get to know and be glad for it. Maurice is in charge of the food and it is colorful, flavorful and healthful. We looked forward to every meal and were never disappointed. Ranger is Jackie's main assistant and does a great job. He even gave us a nice tour of his plot of land across from Jackie's and showed us many of the herbs, vegetables and fruits they grow to include in the meals. The yoga instructors are first class. It was our first encounter with yoga classes so I can offer no technical review, but we knew we had had a good workout at 8:30 each morning before breakfast. I could spend several thousand words trying to describe the grounds, but you just have to see it to understand. Our four nights passed much too quickly and we knew when we went out the gate and to our taxi for the ride back to the Montego Bay airport that we were soon to be immersed back into the cruel world that seemed so distant at Jackie's on the Reef. It had been years since we had both felt so good mentally and physically. Thanks Jackie, we'll do our best to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Majestic Wellness Center Guesthouse and Spa. Overlooking 180 degrees of the natural curvature of Mother Earth. On the beautiful Turquoise Caribbean Sea in Negril, Jamaica. Come and clear your mind, body and spirit as you reconnect to nature and yourself in a safe and serene environment. Each morning yoga and meditation, healthy gourmet food, relaxing massages, what else can you ask for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Jackie's on the Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackie`s On The Reef Hotel Negril
- Jackies On The Reef Negril