“The Best Massage” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Richmond, California
“The Best Massage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently visited Jamaica and I had the opportunity to receive the best massage I've had in a really, really long time. I had the Hot Stones Massage and it was totally awesome. Performed on the beach with the sound of the ocean waves faintly in the background. This was truly one of the highlights of our vacation and I plan to revisit whenever I'm in Jamaica again.

Room Tip: Didn't stay overnight so I can't comment on the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joanna G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Darwell, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband & I traveled to Jackie's for 3 of our 8 day vacation may 30 to june 6/12. After a long winding journey past what seemed all civilization we finally found our retreat nestled on the cliffs of Negrils rugged coastline. We were greated by our evening chef Gwen with a warm welcome and a cool fresh squeezed beverage from the local fruits...delicious. We were blessed with the most amazing accomodations...a private round hut not 40 feet from the crashing waves with the whole front overlooking the ocean with a huge screened in opening as well as an outside shower. to add to our delight we found we were the only guests for 2 of our 3 days!
Carol the manager became a fast friend and tour guide as she took us on an adventure to the roaring river to meet Dr Scott. Each day she would share breakfast & dinner with us & the discussions were delightful.
Ranger the grounds keeper greeted us with hot coffee each morning & had lots to share about the flora & fauna of the island as well as "crab hunting" which my husband is determined to return for!
Gwen & Shane were fabulous chefs who fed us royally thru out our stay...don't miss a meal they were all fabulous.
We had light yoga each morning with Jessica on the stone deck of the main house with the ocean as our view & the warm breeze washing over us . The perfect start to a day.
Rejuvenation...
All i can say is go...it is utterly renewing.
My only regret...Jackie was not there. I so wanted to meet her...guess we will just have to return.
Thank you to each & everyone at Jackie's on the Reef for the most fabulous vacation & for your friendship.
Donna & Shane

Room Tip: request the round hut on the beach!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Donna M
jackiesonthereef, Owner at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for writing such a positive review. I do agree that we are a little out of the way, but well worth the trip, wouldn’t you say. The Management and staff mentioned are all dedicated and work well together to ensure that every person who visits us have a wonderful experience. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay here at Jackie’s on the Reef and we’re all excited to know that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you again. I look forward to meeting you both on your return visit
Best Wishes
Jackie Lewis
Tybee Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Wonderful food and beautiful setting. Yoga each morning, with Jessica, was the best ever. I had daily massage treatments and I recommend the Hot Stones and Hot Bamboo treatments as well as the Seaweed Scrub. My friends enjoyed the Reflexolgy and manicure/pedicure treatments. The ladies doing the treatments were super. The only thing missing was Jackie, who was in the states having dental work. Wish she was there. Everything else was just as I had expected and wanted.

Room Tip: The dome is spectacular. Our roms in the main building were also good. Pick the two rooms that are n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luvtybee
jackiesonthereef, Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello luvtybee,
I am very sorry I was not there to greet you on your arrival, but as you mentioned, dental work called me to the States. Jessica is a very good yoga instructor and we’re proud to have her as a staff member.
Thanks for commenting on some of the treatments we offer, and we’re all very happy to hear that your expectations and needs were met. Our commitment to excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves on.

From Management and staff thank you.
Jackie
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked our vacation at Jackie's through a Living Social voucher which we'd never done before and having been to Negril only once we were unsure of the location of her resort. Between the two we were a little apprehensive about the trip and whether it would be everything we were hoping for. We worried needlessly. From the moment we stepped foot on the premises, we immediately felt a strong sense of calm and tranquility. We were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming house staff and shown to our room. All rooms are open-air with great breezes flowing through from the Caribbean Ocean along with the sounds of the crashing waves. There are no televisions and cell phones are not allowed on the property. Jackie encourages total peace and serenity which was everywhere in abundance. Mornings are started with a delicious cup of tea or coffee, prepared and delivered by Ranger and followed by a complimentary yoga class performed in the open-air veranda in full view of the ocean. Breakfast was always fresh, healthy and delicious as was dinner (both are included in your price), prepared with fresh fruits, vegetable and herbs grown right on the premises. Guests dine together family style and we enjoyed stimulating coversation and many laughs. Jackie's offers an array of spa treatments and my friend and I both indulged in the body scrub, which was done in the open-air hut near the ocean. Awesome! During our stay, Carol took great care of us while Jackie was away and she made some great suggestions for things to do when we wanted to go out. The last night we all went out together to a wonderful jazz and dinner show to celebrate another guest's birthday. Great call, Carol! During the last morning of our trip, while sitting on the veranda trying to memorize every detail of our surroundings and dreading having to leave, nature put on a show for us. We saw hummingbirds fluttering through nearby trees, butterflies, beautiful tropical birds and geckos. It was truly hard to leave but we know we will return again--just as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Since Jackie's is a very small, intimate resort with only a few rooms, there really are no "...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Janet D
jackiesonthereef, Front Office Manager at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Jackie's on the Reef. It means a lot to me and the staff. I will share your review with them. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals, the wonderful things nature has to offer and your massage, wish I was having one right now. I can always rely on Carol and Ranger to treat our guest extra special, they are two wonderful people. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you, maybe next time.

Jackie
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I came to Jackie's looking to just rest a little and get my head on straight... and instead I found total relaxation!!! I still can't believe that I really found this wonderful place in the world. It's small... it's quaint... it's delicious... its nurturing... it's spiritual... it's beautiful! Jackie loves life and her spa guesthouse presents just that. People come from near and far to experience the healing and wellness that is offered at Jackie's on the Reef... also to share interesting conversations at lovely dinner settings. I left there feeling refreshed and rejuvenated - mind, body, and spirit... and I'll be back!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CY O
jackiesonthereef, Owner at Jackie's on the Reef, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review. You were ready for what we have to offer and it was great serving you.

peace
Canton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was looking for a combination of unique hotel, yoga, and the ocean. I have to say I found more than that. I was picked up at the airport (and anyone you is thinking about renting a car, please think twice), and the minute I entered Jackie's property I felt peace already. I stayed for 6 days in the little cottage. I was impressed with the details in the room, from fresh flowers to pictures; and not to forget the outdoor bathroom. Don't expect luxury in the sense of air conditioner, bath tub, ...- for me the luxury was listening to the ocean at night, having a look at beautiful trees while I was taking a shower. Walking underneath almond trees to the main building or feeling the brise during the night, looking at the ocean while having breakfast, .... Jackie and her whole team were so welcoming and they made my trip so special. They accomodated my special diet from the minute I got there. And the food is just unbelievable. Not only healthy and natural foods, but I have never seen certain fruits in my life, but they were so delicious. The yoga classes were gentle and for everyone. I found time for meditation, I had wonderful massages (my favorite: bamboos massage). If you are open for a journey to find yourself, this is it. I am traveling quite a bit to different yoga places, but this was the one I felt peace, well rested, renewed at the end. Jackie inspired me to continue the journey I started on Jamaica. I will never forget this trip...

Room Tip: every room is unique and special...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Katja K
Thank you for such a wonderful review nature is a wonderful healing vessel if we can allow ourselves to be still and enjoy the beauty of it. from your review, you obviously got what we have to offer. Continue your journey
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

After months of research, I chose to kick-off 10 days in Negril at Jackie's and I can not say that we were disappointed AT ALL except when we had to leave and go to our next place. Jackie's was incredible! It is a place to truly unwind, relax, enjoy healthy food and treat yourself right. From the moment you arrive and I mean moment you arrive, you are greeted with a massage to the moment you leave, it is all about relaxation and de-stressing. I simply can not wait to go back and have already started looking at the calendar again. It was the perfect way to kick-off my birthday celebration. Thank you Jackie for an incredible visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jenjenyoung
Our goal at Jackie's on the Reef. is to make everyone feel welcome and special Glad to know you had an incredible time