“Staff should be fired” 2 of 5 stars

Seasplash Negril
Ranked #49 of 88 Hotels in Negril
“Staff should be fired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom and daughter off of a groupon. Upon check in it was ok not so glamorous but I don't expect much. We upgraded our room and were happy we did. My main problem with the stay was that the security guard ripped us off . We thought he was helping us and getting our drinks for us and arranging for lobster on the beach and horse rides. Come to find out he was charging us for more than what everything cost. I love to tip and would have tipped him just because he helps us. But what I don't appreciate is someone hustling us and ripping us off. Boy I wish I had told the owners who was there during my stay. I just did not want him fired. But please beware he is security or lifeguard on the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Luvztotravell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from a nine day stay at the Sea Splash in Negril. Checkin was no problem and was upgraded to a one bedroom suite.This was my third stay and although things had changed a bit, the staff was still polite and accommodating.Each day my suite was carefully tended by the always smiling Ms. Dolores,a truly nice lady. The property is located on the famous Seven Mile Beach,nothing left to say.

Room Tip: Suites located on upper floors have balconies.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gkel1
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Seasplash for 6 days.(Aug.25, 2013 - Sept. 1) We had an awesome time. The room was huge. We had the Oleander Room with a nice comfortable bed, full kitchen and patio. The staff was excellent. Drinks were reasonable. The location was great. Ms. Marley made our accommodations supreme. We will come again. The food was excellent. Water Sports were a few feet away. We are in the travel industry and feel qualified to recommend this small resort to anyone that looking for a safe reasonable hotel. The suites were great, if you have a smaller room, upgrade it. Will be back soon. Soon Come!
cheryl b.

Room Tip: Suites are large, double rooms are small upgrade if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RastaCheryl1956
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had an awesome experience at Sea Spash. It's not a fancy shmansy place so don't be expecting anything super grand. But the Rooms were nice and well kept, the staff is extremely nice and really makes sure you are comfortable and taken care of. The restaurant was delicious, we ate there most nights, (tip on breakfast though, the french toast is the best thing on the menu) Overall we had a great experience and were glad to have stayed at the Sea Splash resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I got a Groupon for the Sea Splash for three nights. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite for no extra charge. The check in staff was very nice and helpful. The room was great especially for the price. It had a kitchenette with a full size fridge, king size bed, large closet, and a patio right across from the pool. The beach is perfect and there are two umbrellas already set up, first come first serve. There are additional loungers for guests' use but we were told the hotel had no extra umbrellas. Red Stripe was $2 which was great compared to other bars' prices. Definitely try the bar, great bartenders! The only two things that kept me from giving it a 5-star rating: the food and lack of internet service in the room. Stay away from the restaurant, the food is expensive and bad. As far as internet, it was only available in the lobby area. Hopefully that's something that will change in the future.
I would return to this hotel without any doubts. It is clean, well maintained, and most of the staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rbita
Frisco,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed 6 night and at Sea Splash Negril.I will admit my first take on this hotel was ,is this going to be a bad experience or a good one!It didn't take long before I got my answer! Sea Splash was better than I expected.Loved my ground floor room and the beautiful lush green plants surround it.Housekeepers were 100% kind and thoughtful always a bright gorgeous smile everyday.Never a problem running out of bathroom towels or beach towels for the beach.Norma's Restaurant is also a big added plus for Sea Splash Negril.Their jerk chicken and fries on the day of my arrival scored big time with me the remainder of my stay.I would without a doubt love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying on the ground floor room better.Excellent lush gardens surrounded my room and window...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephen J
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 6 nights here in July 2013.
It was fine, the staff are ok, not overtly friendly, but I think jamaican service is generally kind of chilled, but they could have been a bit nicer.
Norma's restaurant was not good. Breakfast was a joke, vegitarian option was the worst pasta ive eaten in my life.
The room was fine, a bit dark.
But if your looking for somewhere on a good part of Negril beach with a nice hang out area on the resort then this is perfect. And its not too expensive. My ownly real issue was the food. And the prices of drinks changed each day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple