“Wow! What a great hotel right on the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seasplash Negril

Seasplash Negril
Ranked #51 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Los Angeles
“Wow! What a great hotel right on the beach!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I'm a long-time returnee to Negril, so I have a good feel for value both on the beach and the Cliffs, and the Seasplash is a great deal!

The hotel is right on the sand, and the property is in great shape with a nice pool, shading eating area and bar, and nicely appointed rooms. We had a king with AC, and there were no complaints at the room at all.

The bar is really nice, and Natasha the bar tender has been there forever, and she serves good drinks. The lifeguard, Vince, was right on top of things, scolding me for diving instead of jumping into the deep end (six feet), lol. The security guard, Dave, was solid, too. I tipped him three dollars, and he took GREAT care of me and my friend.

But the best thing of all about Seasplash is the presence of manager Jim Hurt, an expat from Chicago who is classic beach-hotel manager with a happy, easy style and a zest for having just as good a time as his guests. He's a great guy to sit and have a beer with.

Also, considering there is a pool and AC and you're beachside and not across the street, the Seasplash is great deal for the money. I see this hotel become increasingly successful. Best to reserve a room while you can because it's going to get more crowded as word spreads about how nice the place is.

Ya mon!

Room Tip: We had room 5, real close to the pool. Nice room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank gerry123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Haliburton
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We decided to spend 12 days in Negril, staying at various resorts along the beach and the cliffs.
The day prior to leaving our first resort,we strolled the beach looking for our next to stay. (March 30-April 2/2012)
Arrived at the Sea Splash and while sitting in the lobby, an extremely friendly person asked how we are and if there was anything he could do for us.
Unaware he was the owner, we explained our situation.
His name was James Hurt. James told us how he fell in love with the property because of the amazing foliage and the accommodations.
We agree with James on both accounts, it was one of the nicest accomodations we have ever stayed in.
The suite offered a king size bed (pillow top mattress, soft pillows) granite counter top with separate eating area in the kitchen.
There was a large balcony ,which allowed us to be in the midst of the mature foliage.
The tree frogs sang their melody to us every night
The beach bar also offered a large sitting area with the option of sun or shade and music always playing.
Rasta Dave made sure we had a towel, chair and kept the venders at a distance.
The reception alway had a smile and called me by name.
Thank you Mr Hurt for just happening to be walking throught the lobby.

Room Tip: we always perfer the second floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank CherylL555
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2012

the staff was fantastic and created such a welcoming atmosphere, the experience was comfortable, and authentically Jamaican simultaneously. The food was incredible, and the location spectacular. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jazmin F
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Our basic room needed some tlc (closet door hanging off, pictures hanging crooked, needed to be painted, no coffee pot as suggested on the internet, no water pressure etc..). The restuarant didn't have many of their items available and what was available wasn't that good and was overpriced. The bar wasn't consistant. We started out paying $4 for rum and cokes and later in the week they went to $5.50. The hot tub was cold. They tried to charge us $5 for a local call. To top it all off, they have charged our credit card for something we didn't even purchase. Never again! We travel to Negril every year and we have never had issues like this before.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank sparkerdoodles861
mrhurt, Owner at Seasplash Negril, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
The "TLC needed" she mentioned is being done whenever rooms are not rented. Currently, our rooms are booked solid but we are refurbishing as soon as we have the availability to do so.I just purchased the resort four months ago and have been doing my best to make everyone happy, but as you can see I cannot please everybody. Our restaurant has been getting rave reviews and, again, we do our best. If anyone has ever complained to me I have been happy to either refund or comp for any problems. The overcharge for rum and cokes was a cashier issue and when she mentioned it to my partner he immediately offered a refund or comp drinks at the bar to make up for the problem. She called me recently about the 39 dollar charge on her credit card and I immediately put a refund through, this also was our fault and I apologized. We are working through our issues and trying our best to be perfect for all of our guests. Please see the other twenty or so reviews from the past few months to see other opinions of our property. Again, i am sorry we have had some issues but I am always willing to admit when things are our fault and do my best to straighten them out.

Jim Hurt
Owner, Sea Splash Resort
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was my 8th trip to Negril but my 1st stay on the beach. I am so glad we chose to stay at Sea Splash! We felt right at home almost immediately. The grounds are beautiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Always making sure we were taking care of and just stopping to chat about whatever.
My husband, 2 kids (10 & 11) and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. It was perfect for us. Loved sitting on the balcony looking out on the garden, tropical paradise! My sister, sister in law, neice & friend shared standard rooms. King sized bed, clean and comfortable!
I didn't meet Ted but spoke with Jim frequently. He is doing an excellent job with this property. He is very attentive and truly wants everyone to have the best vacation possible. This attitude is obviously passed to all staff members. Seeing staff break out dancing while working doesn't happen everywhere, lol! There is a warm feeling at Sea Splash and you are made to feel part of it!
Thanks again Jim and the rest of the Sea Splash family! We will be back!
*side note* When the cleaning lady heard that my daughter absolutely loved her towel swans she went the extra mile. Everyday after there was a new creation full of flowers, even an extra one morning up in the loft :) Awesome!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank katho9
Mayville, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was impressed from the time we checked in to the end with Sea Splash. The resort has a jungle like feel to it throughout the room areas. We arrived to a very clean, modernized room that more than suited our needs. The owners are FANTASTIC! The staff was equally fantastic. The new bar looks great as well as the upstairs portion that was awesome for viewing sunsets etc. Great time and will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: We had three guys in our group ( late 20's ) and booked a 1 bedroom suite. This included a King...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank metrofarmer
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling to Jamaica for the last 10 years or so, many of those years we had stated at Sea Splash, in fact, we were married there in 2006 in a beautiful ceremony overlooking the water just before sunset. It had become our most favorite place to be. After some time the place started to lose it's magic, constant changes in management left us feeling less than appreciated (yes, there are stories...). Last year we finally made the decision to stay somewhere else, though we did spend some time visiting the staff at Sea Splash whom we consider some of our dearest friends. Unfortunately, the place had a pretty somber mood about it which we really hated to see. This year, we returned to Jamaica and stayed at another resort again, and on our first trip over to see our Sea Splash friends we were more than pleasantly surprised, we were ecstatic. It's no secret that beachfront resorts in Negril change yearly depending on the priors years tropical storms, but there was more to it. There was something like and electricity flowing through the air of the place that instantly relaxed you and made you never want to leave. The staff was noticeable more happy, and the place looked absolutely great. I spent some time talking with the new owners (Jim and Ted), and had listened to what they had done and what they were planning to do, and I was hooked. My wife and I instantly fell in love with Sea Splash again and simply cannot wait to go back. The staff was outstanding, the music was great, the food delicious, and most importantly the company ranged from the newcomers to Negril and the seasoned Negril travelers though listening to the conversations you'd never know the difference!. Most importantly, everything just "fit". I don't know that I can describe it any better that that really, it just "fit". We slept in our rooms at a neighboring resort, but every waking hour was spent at Sea Splash. My sincerest thanks to the new owners for making us feel at home again in a place we care so much about, and please keep up the great work! We will be staying at Sea Splash next year for sure, you can count on it!

Room Tip: The full suites are definitely worth the price if you have a family (4 or more).
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple