“on my way back asap.”
Review of Yard Beach House

Yard Beach House
Ranked #12 of 46 Negril B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2012

the staff was fantastic and created such a welcoming atmosphere, the experience was comfortable, and authentically Jamaican simultaneously. The food was incredible, and the location spectacular. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jazmin F

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Our basic room needed some tlc (closet door hanging off, pictures hanging crooked, needed to be painted, no coffee pot as suggested on the internet, no water pressure etc..). The restuarant didn't have many of their items available and what was available wasn't that good and was overpriced. The bar wasn't consistant. We started out paying $4 for rum and cokes and later in the week they went to $5.50. The hot tub was cold. They tried to charge us $5 for a local call. To top it all off, they have charged our credit card for something we didn't even purchase. Never again! We travel to Negril every year and we have never had issues like this before.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank sparkerdoodles861
mrhurt, Owner at Yard Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

The "TLC needed" she mentioned is being done whenever rooms are not rented. Currently, our rooms are booked solid but we are refurbishing as soon as we have the availability to do so.I just purchased the resort four months ago and have been doing my best to make everyone happy, but as you can see I cannot please everybody. Our restaurant has been getting rave reviews and, again, we do our best. If anyone has ever complained to me I have been happy to either refund or comp for any problems. The overcharge for rum and cokes was a cashier issue and when she mentioned it to my partner he immediately offered a refund or comp drinks at the bar to make up for the problem. She called me recently about the 39 dollar charge on her credit card and I immediately put a refund through, this also was our fault and I apologized. We are working through our issues and trying our best to be perfect for all of our guests. Please see the other twenty or so reviews from the past few months to see other opinions of our property. Again, i am sorry we have had some issues but I am always willing to admit when things are our fault and do my best to straighten them out.

Jim Hurt
Owner, Sea Splash Resort

Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was my 8th trip to Negril but my 1st stay on the beach. I am so glad we chose to stay at Sea Splash! We felt right at home almost immediately. The grounds are beautiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Always making sure we were taking care of and just stopping to chat about whatever.
My husband, 2 kids (10 & 11) and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. It was perfect for us. Loved sitting on the balcony looking out on the garden, tropical paradise! My sister, sister in law, neice & friend shared standard rooms. King sized bed, clean and comfortable!
I didn't meet Ted but spoke with Jim frequently. He is doing an excellent job with this property. He is very attentive and truly wants everyone to have the best vacation possible. This attitude is obviously passed to all staff members. Seeing staff break out dancing while working doesn't happen everywhere, lol! There is a warm feeling at Sea Splash and you are made to feel part of it!
Thanks again Jim and the rest of the Sea Splash family! We will be back!
*side note* When the cleaning lady heard that my daughter absolutely loved her towel swans she went the extra mile. Everyday after there was a new creation full of flowers, even an extra one morning up in the loft :) Awesome!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank katho9
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was impressed from the time we checked in to the end with Sea Splash. The resort has a jungle like feel to it throughout the room areas. We arrived to a very clean, modernized room that more than suited our needs. The owners are FANTASTIC! The staff was equally fantastic. The new bar looks great as well as the upstairs portion that was awesome for viewing sunsets etc. Great time and will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: We had three guys in our group ( late 20's ) and booked a 1 bedroom suite. This included a King...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank metrofarmer
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling to Jamaica for the last 10 years or so, many of those years we had stated at Sea Splash, in fact, we were married there in 2006 in a beautiful ceremony overlooking the water just before sunset. It had become our most favorite place to be. After some time the place started to lose it's magic, constant changes in management left us feeling less than appreciated (yes, there are stories...). Last year we finally made the decision to stay somewhere else, though we did spend some time visiting the staff at Sea Splash whom we consider some of our dearest friends. Unfortunately, the place had a pretty somber mood about it which we really hated to see. This year, we returned to Jamaica and stayed at another resort again, and on our first trip over to see our Sea Splash friends we were more than pleasantly surprised, we were ecstatic. It's no secret that beachfront resorts in Negril change yearly depending on the priors years tropical storms, but there was more to it. There was something like and electricity flowing through the air of the place that instantly relaxed you and made you never want to leave. The staff was noticeable more happy, and the place looked absolutely great. I spent some time talking with the new owners (Jim and Ted), and had listened to what they had done and what they were planning to do, and I was hooked. My wife and I instantly fell in love with Sea Splash again and simply cannot wait to go back. The staff was outstanding, the music was great, the food delicious, and most importantly the company ranged from the newcomers to Negril and the seasoned Negril travelers though listening to the conversations you'd never know the difference!. Most importantly, everything just "fit". I don't know that I can describe it any better that that really, it just "fit". We slept in our rooms at a neighboring resort, but every waking hour was spent at Sea Splash. My sincerest thanks to the new owners for making us feel at home again in a place we care so much about, and please keep up the great work! We will be staying at Sea Splash next year for sure, you can count on it!

Room Tip: The full suites are definitely worth the price if you have a family (4 or more).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Steve B
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Seasplash was beyond our expectactions. We had booked 9 days in the cliffs for the end of our trip and was searching for 9 days on the beach for the first half of our trip. I spoke with Jim, Iooking for a basic room, and they fit us in for 7 days. Due to my job I can.t firm up dates until Feb 1st, no prob mon, I will find something for the 2 days to bridge our reservations. Ten minutes later the front desk called me to say they could give me an upgrade to a jr. suite for the full 9 days at same rate, no prob mon. We arrived late Sun feb.12th, and check in was a breeze, and next thing you know we are making the short walk to Best of the West, our neighbourhood pub when in Negril. I agree with all the good things being said about Seasplash, and can add that we think the location is our favourite part of the beach, as we enjoy venturing out. After a day of doing nothing, or a day of walking to all our favorite spots, we always looked forward to returning to Seasplash to catch the sunset. After a night out we felt safe walking the beach in this area, the security at seasplash, and along this stretch of beach is very good, and no taxis were needed. I do miss my nite cap on the deck, the sunsets from the balcony above the bar, and all the nice people we met guests and staff and security. Thanks to all, see you next year

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canuk_cpl
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We were not guests this year at the Seasplash.We were pre booked up the road. We have been staying there for the last 5 years.Our friends were booked in at the Seasplash.We walked down the beach very morning for 14 days to see our friends and stay on the beach there with them.The Seasplash is BEAUTIFUL.The staff and the owner Jim made us feel like we were guests. My husband really enjoyed the happy hour 2 times a day........The rooms are really nice and very well kept.We are coming back next year and our place of chose will be the Seasplash.Can't wait to see Jim and all his wonderful staff again.Thanks Jim for making us feel soooooo welcome and making our vacation soooo great.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends