“A very nice hotel, but....”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Columbia, MD
“A very nice hotel, but....”
Reviewed April 16, 2006

I stayed at Rondel Village the last week of February with my husband and our 2 year old daughter. It is located on a nice area of the beach. Yes, there are vendors that approach you often, but if you stick with a firm "no thank you," they will usually leave you alone. We stayed in a superior room on the beach side of the complex. Our room was overlooking the pool area. Our room was comfortable with 2 double beds and a small fridge. There is a balcony which is a nice place to read in the afternoons. Our housekeeper Donna and the front desk staff were very helpful. The hotel restaurant [Irie] was reasonably priced and had some good food selections.

Our only problem with Rondel was the noise from the nightclub next door. We stayed at the very beginning of the spring break season so there were not a lot of loud spring break guests like other reviewers have mentioned. However, we did have a problem with nightclub noise until 4am on 3 of our 5 nights there. We were located near the opposite end of the complex from where the nightclub was so the loud music was unreasonable to say the least. We had the air conditioner turned up (which is very loud by the way), but my daughter was up and about until the club closed. I was also bothered by the fact that the hotel staff was unable to do anything about the noise. If I had known about the nightclub, then I probably would have booked a different place.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank mom2maya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Cheshire, CT
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I am a very picky traveler, especially when it comes to having a clean bathroom. I would have to say that I was very pleased with my stay at the Rondel. I was kind of afraid at first because the prices were so cheap, but it was a really nice place to stay. I stayed across the street and on the ocean side. NO complaints. The beachside rooms are beautiful one bedroom apts and come with a private hot-tub. The rooms are clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The security was also good. I like the fact that the security made a point stop anyone that did not stay there. The best part was the location. The Rondel was in walking distance to most of the hot spots. So if you're looking to save money on cab rides, this is the place. I actually I'm already planning to stay here again, next March. See you there!

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank royale1999
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the staff
for once again making our holiday so enjoyable.
Donna takes such good care of us and her cooking is amazing.
She is so easy going and kind and the children adore her also.
The security guards were great too. Every day they would take out the beach
chairs as soon as they saw us coming. They would always greet us with a smile
and would watch over us. One morning our son realized he had left
his brand new goggles on the beach. He was in tears realizing they were
probably
gone since they were new and worth $50. We walked to the beach and there
they were on top of the beach chairs. The guard had found them under the
chairs
at night and kindly put them up for us! We were so thankful for his honesty.
The desk ladies were very friendly too and of course even Portia and Carol
remember us from years past and greet us each day with the biggest, warmest
smiles. All this makes us feel so welcome and makes our vacation so great.
You have a wonderful place there at Rondel and must be a wonderful boss
to keep your employees smiling, friendly, and courteous at all times.
Thanks again and we hope to see you very soon again.
Elvira Madill

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC
Reviewed March 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Rondel in early March with our two year old daughter. Made the reservation last minute so we weren't sure what to expect. For the money, all the basics were covered and then some -- hot shower, air conditioning, no bugs, and nice touch with the fridge. Beach was fabulous and staff were very friendly and helpful.

Now for the warning -- the rest of the world probably knew spring break started in early March, we thought it was later. Rondel is popular with this crowd, I'd say they outnumbered other guests 4 to 1. No issue during the day because they're asleep or hungover. Night is a different story! We were awakened at 3am several nights in a row despite the loud air conditioner. We talked to the front desk and they were sympathetic but security was overwhelmed. I guess I screamed alot when I was in college too but now that I've become my mother this isn't fun! How about a noise policy as strict as the guest policy we've read about?? If you've booked Rondel between now and the end of April and you want to sleep, consider switching hotels or bring earplugs with your own loud music!

• Stayed March 2006