“What a wonderful place!”
Review of Rondel Village

Rondel Village
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My partner Glenn and I stayed here from January 12th to January 27th 2014 and we had a wonderful time. I feel that the Rondel really gives you the ultimate Negril beach experience. We loved our room which was Papaya and our maid and all of the staff. They really went out of their way to make us happy. They even brought in a gay Jamaican to hang out with us at the bar. I'll tell you, all I felt was love here. I thought the restaurant and bar were expensive, but they were both great anyway and Janette's Delish Delight which is next door is wonderful and Janette is such a wonderful and beautiful person who'll make the trip so much better. I can't recommend this place more. It's sterilized all-inclusive hotel Jamaica, but it is wonderful and the real thing!

Room Tip: get a room with a nice view
2  Thank Jonathan P

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love love love this hotel. Stayed as a couple in January for a week. Stayed across the road in garden rooms. They are new and the pool there is quiet clean and new too. Great size rooms flat screen tv air con hair dryer in bathroom. Bath and shower. Will definitely come back. The staff are friendly and the security watch out for you constantly. The food wasn't great so we went out most nights. But I much preferred the hotel to any all inclusive resort I have been to. Thanks for looking after us for the week! Helen

1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed February 19, 2014

From check in to check out, enjoyed my stay at Rondel! I can't reiterate how AWESOME the staff is! So helpful, friendly, accommodating, easy to talk to, and always ready to listen to your concerns. My traveling companion and I were greeted with a smile, and our check in went very smoothly considering it was pouring down raining when we arrived. After check in, the ever so wonderful Johno took our bags and escorted us to our room. Johno is the absolute best, and was so much more than just security! Whatever help you needed, he could be called upon to make sure your concerns were handled! He's the best! Karl, also from security, was very helpful, and always greeted us with a smile and kind word. Our housekeeper, Donna, kept our room in A1 shape, and she was also very nice and friendly. The room was large, and I liked that the toilet and tub were separate from the washroom. The only problem with the room was ants in the washroom, but the staff addressed our concerns as quickly and as best as possible. Sakeema, the front office supervisor was great! Very helpful and above all, professional!

The grounds on Rondel are lush and tropical and very beautiful. It is obvious that they take pride in maintaining them. The maintenance staff also always greeted me with a hello and a smile. I enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and the overall quiet beauty of just relaxing there. The beach speaks for itself! The beauty of it needs no words! Of course you can get hassled quite a bit on the beach, but a firm "no" did it for me. As the days went on, it became easier and easier to say no….lol…..

I enjoyed the food at Rondel, when I ate there, but my traveling companion was not very happy with the curry goat. She found it bland and tasteless for jamaican cuisine. I had the blackened grilled fish, which was absolutely delicious! the dining staff was superb, and at the bar, Donovan was simply awesome! loved him…and his drinks! lol!
There are so many great places to eat in Negril, though! We enjoyed just about every one of the places we tried, and the prices were so reasonable that I actually saved more money not going "all inclusive!" I would recommend doing the local fare thing….it was so worth it!

I can't help but recommend Rondel! The price was good and the resort was above my expectations. We were on the beach side, but I heard that the rooms on the garden side were even bigger. Rondel garden side is next to The Jungle club, but I don't know if that played a big "noise" factor part. Loud music doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would bother some guests. If you're looking for a gem, give Rondel a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Room Tip: Our room was "strawberry" up on the 3rd floor. And while the hike of 3 flights was fine f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Traycee W
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 days at Rondel Village and loved the resort. The resort is just beautiful - tropical flowers wrapped around each villa with butterflies & humming birds buzzing about. The rooms are immaculate and so comfortable. They have balconies overlooking the ocean - so nice sitting out there after a day at the beach just relaxing and enjoying the views. The beach is just steps away and it's spectacular - water is warm, clear and smooth like glass. The staff at the Rondel, the front desk, maids, bartenders, waiters, security, are all extremely friendly and accommodating. Food is fabulous and if you are a coffee lover, the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is to die for! Our stay was peaceful and relaxing...until you stepped off the property and tried to walk along the miles and miles of spectacular beach. We were accosted by the locals, time and time again, to give them money, buy their items, and "no" is a word that seems foreign to them. We stupidly used our credit card to buy t-shirts for relatives at a shop on the beach and came home to the USA only to find out someone in Jamaica was using our credit card to withdraw thousands of dollars from our bank account and go on luxury shopping sprees there buying over $8,000.00 worth of jewelry!!!!! The Rondel Village is a wonderful, safe resort, but my advice is to not leave the property during your stay and you will have a great vacation.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a villa on the beach side - views are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PDCornwell
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It was my husband and mines first vacation in 13 years. First trip for my 25 yr old daughter, first flight.first time seeing the ocean. Rondel Village was perfect for the firsts. We fell in love with the staff, they were terrific and we felt perfectly safe. The rooms were really nice and clean, the grounds were perfectly kept. The family didn't want to leave when it was time. The staff also was very helpful on where to go and when. We will be going back, no doubt about it. We will try Oct. next time for our anniversary. Greenfield, Parker May 2013

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were great, I never heard any complaints.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cyd1957
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a fantastic time. We have only stayed at all inclusives before this trip so that was the only thing we had to get use to. There is no swim up bar, exercise room, of group activities but we knew that going there. The rooms are newly remodeled and very clean. The staff is great!! I recommend if you like to drink like my husband, go buy beer or whatever else you prefere and fill your fridge. Bring a soft side cooler fill it up and relax on the beach. Its cheaper that way or venture down the beach you'll find a great spot for your favorite beverage. We had no bugs like some other comments. Fresh juice on the beach for 5.00 it's fantastic.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We just returned from a week stay at Rondel Villge. We were very happy with the room and prices but more importantly we were amazed by the awesome staff. The Beach "guard" Karl was super as was both bar tenders Donovan and Delroy. We felt very safe and the grounds and room were extremely well kept. It is evident this property takes pride in their appearance, service and food. We will be returning to Rondel Village, hopefully soon! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: When booking make sure you say you want to stay on the beach side as there are rooms across the stre...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends