WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We really love this place! The staff treat us like family! We usually get the superior room. They are quite big and have a large balcony. They r kept very clean. I found the restaurant very good . We ate mostly breakfast and sometimes lunch there. We do like to go out to a few of our favourite places for dinner. Been coming to Rondel for a few years now and just love this place. Our family highly recommend staying here. Looking forward to seeing everyone there in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I like this Hotel & Staff so Much, I couldn't wait to write a review before I left. My wife's & I first time to Negril, Jamaica and so Glad we chose this Hotel! We walked up and down the 7 Mile and this Hotel seems to be the most Secure (security guards) at all Entrances and Welcoming/Friendly Staff! The Rooms are Bigger than any Hotel i've ever stayed at and Extremely Clean, thanks to the Nice house keepers. The Restaurant/Bar right on the Beach is also Very Great! Food, Service, Etc...I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling to Negril, as it is Perfectly Located and not too Far from Rick's Cafe (Taxi Ride) and other Destinations. This will be the ONLY Hotel I choose when we come back in the Future.

Room Tip: We stayed across the street from the beach, as the Hotel has rooms on each side of the street. It wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Hector F
Lords Valley, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I have been to Negril several times and have always enjoyed it, but after staying in Rondel Village recently, we have found our home in Negril. What a lovely little resort! Situated right on Negril's 7 mile beach, its location is perfect. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are spacious and well maintained. We took the breakfast plan and enjoyed a Jamaican breakfast to start each day: ackee, saltfish, callaloo, plantain and more, all fresh and tasty. We had dinner in its cozy and charming dining room on a couple of nights and they too were great. If you choose to stay in either a 1,2, or 3 bedroom villa, the staff can cook one meal per day for you at no additional cost (you provide the food). However, what makes Rondel Village really special is its staff. Whether it's the office staff (Francene and Khaleel), security (Johnno and Carl), house-keeping or the wait staff (Vanessa, Charleen and all the others), the response was always the same: service with a genuine smile. A truly warm and inviting place to stay. We felt like one of the family. We are already looking forward to our next stay at lovely Rondel Village.

Room Tip: Superior rooms on the beach side are lovely. If you choose a villa, you will enjoy a wraparound porc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RobLordsValleyPA
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Rondel Village is my hotel of chose since 7 years ago and year after year they never seem to disappoint. I was very impressed this year with the renovations the WRIGHTS did with the property. The beach side is always clean and garden is well kept and beautiful as always and their staff is very professional.

Spa Services
The new "Village Spa" is very comparable to U.S. spas I go to in New York, but more technologically advanced. When you walk into the reception area you are greeted by their very professional staff and the smell of the best lemongrass infuser and tranquil music to put you in the spa frame of mind. The owners went all out building the spa with the latest equipment, specialty showers and cold tub and sauna for all clients. I had a full body Swedish massage and I have to tell you it was the most intense yet relaxing massage I had in ages. I used the multi-head shower after my treatment and I wish I could pack it to go home. My cousin got the seaweed wrap and Paraffin treatment for her hand and was also pleased. I got a tour after of their amenities and services offered is not what I am used to from the smaller venues or what is on the beach. On the days they don't have appointments the therapist bring a massage bed and chair to offer free teasers and $1 per min chair massages. My group of 4 took the ladies up on their offer and we converted 2 of them to doing spa treatments in the future. The two therapist (Jennifer & Stephanie) on staff are certified in all services the spa offers and very professional so Mr. & Mrs. Wright were wise to hire both of the ladies. I will definitely be back for these services, plus they offer great deals in the spa and in the main office.

The property was full to capacity from July 29-Aug.5, 2013 because it was a big week for Dream Weekend and Jamaica Independence. The staff managed the busy scenarios very well in the front office and restaurant staff was very busy but prompt with delivering meals. I love the fact they have room service for those who were too tired from partying and wanted food delivered to the room so that is a plus. I would recommend daily specials that the chef creates to diversify the menu, one menu item I would like to see is some kind of tropical or banana pancake in the morning. Otherwise I will keep eating my Jamaican breakfast with callaloo or ackee and saltfish with plantain and johnny cake 7 days a week because I have not been disappointed in 7 years. LOL!

You deserve your “Excellence” award from Trip Advisor year after year because you never disappointed me and listen to customer feedback. I hope some of the upgrades on the garden side will be done on the beach side of the property, but I will definitely be back soon so please get my room ready ;).

Room Tip: This year when we got a tour of the newly rennovated rooms on the garden side we were very impressed...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank NYC_K_12
Miami Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was the day before we were to have our father's 60th birthday dinner when we came upon Rondel Village. It was after 5pm and the supervisor was leaving when we called on them. She took us around to the General Manager, Ms Wright. We sat down and immediately made the appropriate plans for the next day. We effectively planned a menu and priced the meals within our budget. At the appointed time, we walked into an area decorated in the style that would bring to mind a wedding reception. The meal was prepared and presented in an attractive manner. It was delicious. We had personally prepared menu with a choice of cod fish or banana fritters with a very nice sauce for appetizers, we had pepper pot soup, then escovitch fish or jerk chicken served with rice and peas, pumpkin rice or white rice along with fresh stir-fry vegetables for the main entrée. This was topped off with a choice of key lime pie, ice cream, or marble cake - all very well prepared. For my dad, they made a fruit platter where the fruits formed a "6" and an "0" for "60." We had 2 late comers who were catered for in a timely manner. The staff was friendly and funny, the service was professional, the food was excellent. I was so impressed with Ms Wright and her staff that I registered on TripAdvisor so I can post this review.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Meddiva
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I loved this place!

It's right in the center of all the nightlife activities and right on the beach.

The staff is nice and the cost is very reasonable! Loved it!

I stayed here with my friends and the security guards were even very funny and friendly. It's right across the street from The Jungle and not too far from the shopping center.

The cleaning lady also cleans very very well! The food is good too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chechi071
Mount Pearl, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I ,loved RONDEL very quiet a great place to relax, close to everything,very very clean ,friendly staff ,Food was great , and lots of other little local places along the road walkin distance,to eat ,I have not got no negative things to say.We will be back in the same room in may 2014 We cant wait ,Loved are stay.

Room Tip: garden rooms they are new very very clean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends