Talk about feeling right at home! From Caroline and Granville at the front desk to Francilla and Alice and Ashley in the dining room to Jean in housekeeping to Lifeguard Shamar on the beach... Charela was our home for 6 nights and it was wonderful from beginning to end! Need something? Simply ask and it's done.
1) Order the fresh red snapper with coconut sauce in the Charela dining room..yummy!
2) Use sunscreen every single minute on the beach,even while in the shade. That sun can scorch. Ouch!
3) Solicitors on the beach are not aggressive. State politely that you're not interested and they will move on. (Although their fresh fruits, juices, and lunch offerings are a good bargain).
4) Get hotel recommendation before signing up for water excursions. The Red Stripe Catamaran Sunset Cruise is a blast. Boat leaves from the Boat Bar right down the beach. Only $50 a person; a good value.
5) Take a cab and visit the Rockhouse Hotel for stunning views, spa treatments and authentic Jamaican food in the Pushcart Restaurant.
6) Rick's Cafe for sunset and cliff jumping (observe or participate.. a must!) Food is a little pricey and "chainy" but you can always eat elsewhere before or after.
7) Beach walking from Charela: if you're facing the water, head to the right; the left end is a little seedy, although interesting..!
8) Relax and enjoy Jamaica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charela Inn the discreet charm of peace & tranquility, good company and fine food. Nothing more ... Nothing less. CHARELA INN resort sits elegantly on the famous Negril Beach, by the Caribbean Sea. Its fifty rooms and beach stretches 250 feet in width and 150 feet in depth of pure white sand sprinkled with coconut trees to afford natural shade to our guests. Beyond the sand lies a lawn and two large patios to dine "Al fresco" or simply sip cocktails while watching the sunset. All 47 rooms are built around an inner court yard in an Hacienda style with a round fresh water swimming pool in the centre of the yard, and a lush tropical garden with hibiscus, night jasmine, bougainvilleas etc. As well as many birds including our national doctor bird. The feeling is one of being far from the crowds -- yet a few steps away from the world of water sports and many attractions on the seven mile beach. All buildings are of two floors. Each room has either a private patio or a private balcony. All public access at Charela Inn are designed to accommodate the physically impaired, along with three dedicated ground floor rooms. Charela Inn is renowned for the friendliness and caring of its long standing staff, many being with the resort for over 15 years. Charel's longstanding repeat guests of many nationalities brings with them a true feeling of friendship and are cherished by both management and staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Charela Inn / Le Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charela Inn / Le Vendome Hotel Negril
- Charela Hotel Negril