My brother got married here in July and we stayed for a week. The Hotel is absolutely stunning with tree houses for rooms set around the grounds in jungle like splendor. The rooms are of a very good standard and come with all modern amenities and your own personal balcony. The hotel has a pool bar and a sort of cocktail bar near reception, most people hang out at the pool bar and that is where they hold the entertainment every night. There is also a Tennis court and Spa although i did not use them myself. There are buffets at scheduled times throughout the day everyone agreed that the breakfast was best but I never arrived on time myself. The food was surprisingly bland and I did not really enjoy any of the meals including the one at the Lotus Leaf restaurant.
The beach is across the highway and is a 5-10min walk away, there is a private section of beach for the hotel with another bar and water sports desk. You can get burgers, fries and sandwiches most of the day. There are some local vendors just down the beach and if you venture in their direction for a browse practice saying no thank you.
We rented Jet Skies they are a lot of fun in the cove although make sure you agree a price up front and be prepared to be asked for a tip when done.
All the staff were really helpful and friendly especially Garth who was outstanding, we looked forward to heading to the bar when he was on duty and he has a vast array of specials for every occasion. Remember your Bubba Keg!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort