We chose SATP for a relaxing, no plans needed type of vacation. We were looking for all-inclusive but also intimate and budget friendly. SATP fit the bill perfectly. The resort is gorgeous and so are the rooms. The grounds are always well manicured and clean. I never got tired of looking at the different plants and birds while I was there.
The food was average to good with a few dishes that I felt I could call excellent (most being served at the Lotus Leaf). Disclaimer: I'm from New Orleans so maybe I'm just spoiled when it comes to food. I would definitely recommend heading to the Office of Nature next door on the beach for some grilled lobster. This was outside of the resort food but well worth it. The drinks are great. I love that upon arrival, we were served cold punch. I had so many good cocktails that I can hardly pick a favorite but some notables are the Dirty Banana and Tian's special. The coffee bar is great. I already miss Shannon's cappuccinos.
The beach is beautiful with plenty of sunny and shady spots. The beach is also open so vendors will approach you. This may bug some but a simple "no thanks" will keep them moving along. With a beach bar and a grill that serves good food, there's no reason to leave the beach.
As mentioned before in many reviews, make sure to bring plenty of bug spray. We went through 2 bottles and still got one or two mosquito bites. The drinks/water on the beach are served in small cocktail glasses so I was glad I brought a large sip cup. The wildlife noises at night can be pretty loud but I love white noise so I slept soundly. Also, we used Rocky's transportation for a roundtrip taxi and I highly recommend them. It's worth booking your airport travel before you arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort