$193
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$131
$126
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$126
$118
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$58
$55
$50
  • Pool
$128
$121
$250
$228
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
2,977 results
All reviewslotus leafchef's tablecrossing guardbeach grilllotus restaurantcoffee barday bedtree house styleshort walk across the streetjerk chickenjohn waynetree frogsa la carte restaurantbloody baysmall resortpiano manprivate beach
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I spend a week here on our honeymoon. We had an amazing time. The hotel is small, only 85 rooms or so, and very private. The "tree house" rooms are more like bungalows. The room was smaller than we imagined but the king size bed was very nice. The rooms are somewhat dark as the lights provided aren't very large. We were in 202, which was away from the common areas and road and found it very quiet and enjoyable. The AC works great, once you figure out how to use it. Water temp and pressure were great. Loved the various nozzles in the shower. Note that there are no doors in the shower, to the bathroom, anywhere but to the outside. Welcome to marriage, no secrets now! Maid service was great but our room wasn't done until about 4 pm each day which was a shame because some days we wanted to go rest and hit the AC for a bit. Any requests we made of housekeeping were answered....eventually. Food was really good all around, with some great stand-outs and few misses. Breakfast was the best, for sure, the eggs are so fresh and the tomatoes are out of this world! I would skip the asian-fusion restaurant, it was gross. We went to chef's table twice; the first time was amazing, the second time just good. Chef Ravien was amazing and grew to know us by name by the end, which was cool. Note if you want to do either of these restaurants they are same-day reservation only... there's usually a line to sign up at 9 and it fills up fast. Get there early! Food service by the beach was delicious, opal makes great food! Overall some people weren't very friendly but that just may be a cultural difference. The hotel beach is only a 2 minute walk and is very pleasant, we had no problems at all so don't know why people complain. The hotel's beach is very beautiful and not crowded at all. We had a wonderful honeymoon but mostly kept to ourselves and hit the beach or pool, didn't do any excursions. There are a lot of little nit-picky things that bring my review to 4 star, but from what we saw of the other resorts we are glad of our choice. Not quite what a 4 star would be in America, but definitely a 4 star of Jamaica resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tatiana S
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have travelled to the Dominican, Cuba, Mexico and Jamaica and stayed at a lot of resorts and this is one of my favorites. The grounds surrounded this quaint little resort are absolutely breathtaking. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The food, all I can say is, it is delicious! Because the resort is very small, the evening atmosphere very friendly and is great to chat with people from all over the world. I WILL be back to this resort again and I would highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Love the overall feel of the resort. Had an issue with the room I was first given but the resort immediately moved me to another room. It was not as nice as the 1st room. They sent up a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine for the inconvenience but I do not like the taste of liquor so the next night they sent me a large plate of fruit which I appreciated. I'm a solo female traveler who was looking for a place for relaxation. I found it at this resort. I only ate at the Palms which offers buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. My favorite is the breakfast but I also loved their vanilla cookies. Wanted to ask for the recipe since I bake. Almost every staff member I meant was very friendly and helpful. Thank you to Lynford, Ian, Priscilla for being so kind to me. There were others, such as the gentleman who walked me across to the beach on Tuesday so that I could watch the sunset. My suggestion would be to bring earplugs as the rooms are nice but the cicadas make quite a bit of noise in the evening. There is free wifi in your room and the lobby. Unfortunately it did not extend to the pool area. The beach is across the street from the hotel; less than a 5 minute walk. It is clean and the vendors are not pushy if you're not interested. The water was quite calm and warm. Felt very safe at this resort and the beach area. They even have security at the beach. This is an all-inclusive resort and I never once felt pressure to provide a tip as in other all-inclusive resorts.

Room Tip: I had a room 409 which is lovely but it did have a slight issue which I'm sure has been resolved. This room offers you a mosquito netting over the bed and they also provide robe and slippers. The only noise was the cicadas at night. Moved to room 706 after the 1st night which does not have the mosquito netting or robe/slippers. This room was slightly noiser besides the cicadas at night there were also other loud noises (traffic) early morning. Suggest getting a room in the 400 area as this is slightly quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank M E
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My recent visit to Sunset at the Palms with my adult daughter (on a girls' getaway) was in July 2014. This beautiful, lush, well-manicured resort, coupled with the authentic sounds of nature, was exceptional. The pleasant, courteous, personable Manager and Staff set the tone for our stay. I knew I came to the right place.

Each day the Palm Grove Restaurant buffet had mouth-watering displays, (wish I could have tried them all). The attentive staff made sure we felt like family and that all our needs were met. The room was fresh, clean, and well-stocked; also, the resort's private beach was clean and plain gorgeous. The attendants raked the leaves and sand to keep it clean. Let me add that the beach bar and grill were an added plus. They prepared tasty meals and kept us well-hydrated.

The Chef's Table surpassed my expectations, the menu was attractively presented with such class. The positive response from the guests confirmed the appreciation for the Chef and his staff. The Lotus Leaf Restaurant was also first-class with a tempting array of entrees and exquisite desserts.

The nightly entertainment with the talented instrumentalists and vocalists reflected the beauty and hospitality of the Jamaicans who call the island home. Absolutely loved Reggae Night!

I must mention the Piano bar that was very engaging. The pianist was truly amazing on the keys, and made me feel comfortable and relaxed, even though I could not hold a note to complement the songs he was playing.

My return trip to the airport for my "sad" departure from the island was arranged by the friendly and courteous staff...wish I could have stayed longer! This resort had that quiet, private feeling for adults and is definitely a winner!!

Sunset at the Palms is highly recommended, and my stay there will always be a delightful, memorable treasure. My next trip there will be with my husband, who was jealous when I told him about the great time we had.

Dr. P. Williams (Arizona, USA)

Room Tip: The locations of the rooms are unique. They are not traditional hotel rooms, more like a modern tree houses with a paved path to your door. I believe all the rooms are great choices.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dr Paula W
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sunset @ The Palms Resort in Negril and could not have been more pleased! Staff appeared attentive and focused on the customer.The food was excellent with great variety. Our rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of space and amenities. I especially enjoyed the early evenings on the day bed, just outside our suite,on the balcony overlooking the lush landscape. Great place for an evening cocktail and cuddling! Keep the insect spray handy, mosquitos are plentiful, as in all tropical locations. If you have not stayed here with your wife...you should! Beaches are close,clean and fun filled. Do not miss the swim up bar, awesome cocktails!

Room Tip: I recommend Suites #601or #602 near lobby,restaurant and all activities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple