This has been my 3rd trip to Jamaica and this one has been the worse ever.
Jamaica is definitely a place to visit and all inclusive is the way to go but finding the right hotel is a challenge and that's why when I travel I give everything a chance.
This time I chose to stay for a week at the Sunset at the Palms in Negril (3rd time in Negril by the way)
The staff was SUPER friendly (same for all other hotels), but as far as dining experience, it's VERY bad (I LOVE Jamaican food by the way). So all you get there is a Asian restaurant that only open 3 times during the week (food sucks) and everyday you have the buffet that is worse. By the beach, there is a GRILL restaurant and all they serve is Jerk Chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs.
The room look beautiful with the garden and are clean but don't let the pictures fool you, in most of these rooms the AC make a loud noise, the toilets don't flush too well and the shower doesn't drain.
For the one that LOVE to exercise, the Tennis court looks nice and the GYM is very good.
I love traveling, I've stayed in many, many, many hotels so TRUST ME. this hotel is not a 4 star, I would rate it a 2 1/2 star because you don't get your money's worth.
If you want to go to a nice hotel in Negril, spend a little more and go to either SANDALS or Couple Swept Away (you will have a much better time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort