Sunset at the Palms
$55
  • Pool
$90
$65
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
$59
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$141
$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$165
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
2,847 results
All reviewslotus leafchef's tablecrossing guardbeach grilllotus restaurantday bedcoffee barshort walk across the streettree house stylejohn wayne toursjerk chickentree frogsa la carte restaurantbloody baypiano mansmall resortbug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Sunset last October as a quick vaca before he was to be deployed over seas. We found a great deal for the all inclusive stay on livingsocial.com (since then I have seen similar deals for this resort now and then. The resort was beautiful! What made the trip was the beautiful bungalow rooms. It's not laid out as a traditional hotel with elevators taking you up several floors to reach your room. You just walk thru the gorgeous gardens and up a few stairs to enter you own bungalow. We had the room with a large terrace and day bed outside our room. Jamaica was so beautiful and we enjoyed going into town several nights to eat some local food. There was a seafood shack on the cliffs that was delicious and offered an amazing view! I would highly recommend this hotel for a couple that is not bringing kids, because it's not like larger resorts with large pools, water slides, etc... But it was perfect for my husband and I and we bought a great package! Will go back after I travel the rest of the world!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ea_reece514
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I just want to start off by saying, we didn't get a chance to stay at this resort. My story comes from the lack of customer service and how our situation was handled in planning and booking our trip.

My fiance and I had picked this resort for our destination wedding. We had our wedding day booked with the wedding coordinator there and had put down our down payment for the trip and the wedding itself. Our wedding date was booked for April of 2014. Now if anyone has ever planned a destination wedding you know the steps that one has to go through. We had already sent out our invitations and had people already sending in their deposits. I'm not even sure how we got the news, but we found out well after we had booked the wedding that the resort was moving to an Adults Only resort. This wouldn't have been a huge deal, but we have 2 wedding party members that would have their 10 month old a 22 month old children with them.

We had contacted the resort to explain the situation and they had told us there was nothing they could do. They said there was "no exceptions." Not only were we not told when we were booking the wedding, the website had nothing listed on it stating it was an Adults only resort, the pricing that we were given had a price for children on it as well. We spent months researching resorts, picking this specific one for our special day. We had invested many hours drawing up the invitations and sending them out to our family and friends.

We then tried to move up the ladder to corporate head office. We received no response from the VP of Sales after trying to communicate our situation to him. We only received an email response from some regional sales rep apologizing for the inconvenience.

Honestly, at this point, the only thing I want is for someone to acknowledge that there was a lack of communication, a mistake was made and a gesture of good will was given. As of this writing we have over 30 people going and this resort has just lost our business because they didn't try to help the customer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kureegu
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This resort was amazing. When I first arrived to this resort I was a little worried because it was small and quiet but it was perfect and more personal then what im used to living here in New York. The staff was great they all knew who you were and were always catering to their guests needs. Some of my favorites emoployees who made our stay amazing were Rory who was the food and beverage supervisor and great entertainment performer, Leonardo who is a trainee at the moment but is a great person, he is so sweet and is definietly in the right feild and also alvan and Elvis were great. This resort at the moment is opened to families but soon it will be only for adults which is good because thats sort of the feel of this resort anyway. I also heard that they were expanding which is always a good thing. This resort is in a great location with easy access to all attractions and their private beach was right across the street. It was a very relaxing vacation I highly reccomand it to Jamcia visitors especially couples. The food, people, location and service is so amazing and thats the most important thing to take into consideration while planning any vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Taryn C
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week this past August and had a great time. The weather was absolutely beautiful. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Nightly entertainment in a relaxed setting. the grounds were beautiful and well maintained/clean. Be sure to bring your bug spray!!! I read previous reviews about the street noise, so we requested a room in the back away from the street and we had no issues with noise (other than nature) We stayed in 411.

Room Tip: Prior to our trip we read recommendations about street noise so we requested a room in the back away from the street. We had room 411 and had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fransilly
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took a last minute, solo trip for 4 nights to the Sunset at The Palms (SATP) as a quick getaway to relax and do nothing more than sit on the beach, sit by the pool, and have a few drinks over Labor Day weekend (US). The rooms are very cool, I loved the grounds and the private porch on the unit. I really liked the fact that it's a small resort with only 65 units, this is not a sprawling, megaresort...which is just what I was looking for. The frogs/crickets, etc. at night are very loud as others noted, but I enjoyed the sound and slept better while I was at SATP than I have in many months. The staff are all attentive and friendly...this was my first time to Jamaica, so it took a little adjusting to get used to the casual/familiar attitude. The food was pretty good, but not great, I enjoyed the breakfast every day and the rib night (Friday, I think) was the best dinner, by far. The drinks aren't bad, but nothing spectacular. The beach is OK, I didn't mind the walk across the road, but I did mind that it wasn't as private or quiet as I had expected. I went there to relax, but it seemed like someone was always trying to sell me something or even SATP staff just trying to "make sure everything is good" but I didn't want to talk to anyone...and I couldn't avoid it. The best times at the beach are from 7am-10am when there isn't any music playing at the resort bar and there are very few people out there in general, especially no vendors or roaming musicians. I eventually gave up on walking the beach beyond the SATP area, because the vendors were relentless (albeit very friendly) for selling jet ski rides, parasailing, snorkeling, marijuana, cocaine, mushrooms...etc. etc. As I understand, this is just par for the course in Jamaica...so maybe my complaint is more about Jamaica and less about SATP. This trip served it's purpose and SATP was a very affordable getaway for a long weekend; but I'm not dying to go back to go back any time soon.

A few other notes: as this is an all-inclusive, the resort book in the room makes a note that tipping isn't necessary, but I often saw guests giving tips to staff members, and I tipped several times as well when it seemed someone went above and beyond. I've heard of some resorts having strict policies that the staff cannot accept tips, but no one ever refused a tip at SATP...so it started to feel like maybe tips were expected...so I tipped more than I planned to. I did have one staff member, on my last day, (one of the guys who helps you cross the street to the beach, Bobby, I think) ask me directly if I could help him out with 10-20 USD to "help him pay for cab fare to go see his daughter before her first day of school" the next day...this was pretty irritating and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: I had 701, it was nice and relatively private. I had a mosquito net over my bed, which I don't know if I needed it or not, but I used it every night. Other people I know who stayed at SATP said they would have like to have the mosquito net, so you might want to request one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo