Sunset at the Palms
$161
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$141
$111
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
$59
$101
$55
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$165
Bookit.com
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
2,847 results
All reviewslotus leafchef's tablecrossing guardbeach grilllotus restaurantday bedcoffee barshort walk across the streettree house stylejohn wayne toursjerk chickentree frogsa la carte restaurantbloody baypiano mansmall resortbug spray
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have recently got back from our holiday to Jamaica. We spent the first 7 nights in Negril at the Sunset at the Palms. We arrived at the hotel at around 11pm,we were still able to get dinner, which was great after a long day of traveling. We were then shown to our Deluxe treetop room. The room was very big, spotless with a huge bathroom including a shower which was more like a wet room with 6 jets. We had a 40 inch plasma as well as a double balcony and hammock. The view looked out onto the fields behind. It was lovely.
The beach is just over the road and the hotel have their own guard who shows you across, once you are on the beach you have use of hotel sunbeds and a beach bar and grill. The hotel also has sailing boats etc to used, we used these 4 or 5 times a day as my boyfriend loves sailing.
The food in the hotel was lovely, varied nightly and the chefs went to such effort decorating the tables with fruit sculptures and chocolate animals..... the list goes on.
Every single staff member were fantastic, so friendly , bubbly and polite. We did a few tours while here as well which was arranged by the hotel tour operator.
Nightly the hotel had entertainment, live reggae and performers.
Over all this hotel was brilliant, I can only fault one thing........ the gym, it is very basic and so hot, but I doubt many people work out on holiday anyway.
We also went out and about and left the resort, it is not dangerous and the people make you feel very safe and at ease. A must is Ricks Café and Rockhouse restaurant is amazing.
This hotel is great value for money and Negril is beautiful, we much preferred it to Montego Bay, where we spent our second week.
I was also worried about the weather as May is the start of the rainy season, but we had 2 weeks of sunshine starting at 7am though to 7pm. myself and my boyfriend have travelled a lot and Jamaica defiantly Is one of the favourites.

Room Tip: Deluxe treetop is worth the money, I had a look at a normal treetop room and it is much smaller, no hammock or large bathroom. We were room 301 it was great.
2  Thank Johanna S
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First let be start by saying the resort is beautiful. The overall decor and ambiance is very peaceful and intimate. The resort is not particularly large and really seemed to offer a sense of being with a large group of friends.

This is my first vist to an "all inclusive" resort and based on this one trip - I would do more investigation as to what the resort has to offer. In terms of ratings"

Food - Average. There was a lot of variety. Most did not seem to have much flavor. The main dishes seemed to be somewhat thrown together. Lunch service was slow if you wanted something off the grill at the buffet. Desserts were very different in terms of what one might expect. As an example - Cheesecake did not taste like cheesecake. My biggest comment regarding the food -- there was none between meal periods unless you wanted to walk across the street to the beach grill.

Service - Average. Everyone was generally freindly, but there did seem to a lack of "serviced" attitude. One dare not approach the buffet before it was ready. Even if that meant the buffet was late being assembled. The front desk staff was great as was the general housekeeping staff.

Facility - Less than average. Our room was dirty. The shower glass had not been cleaned. The overall property was in good shape and there was often someone sweeping or picking up the grounds.

Coffee - Admittedly. This is one of my two big areas of importance to me. I am an early riser and love to have a cup of coffe first thing. The room offered "instant" coffee - Blah! The coffee bar did not open until 7 and there was no other option to get a cup of coffee.I'm not sure how difficult it is to have a pot of coffee available at all times. One does fine this at a Motel 6 or a Hampton.

WiFi - This is my other big area of importance. In this day in age, I think all properties of any quality should offer free Wifi throughout the property. Understandably, this may not be an important issue to some, but it is one that criteria for choice of where I stay. Here at the Sunset, it is only offered in the main lobby.

I would stay here again, only if I am now familar with the property, But I am just as likely to stay elsewhere that meets more closely with my criteria.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed our room. We were towards the back of the propery and heard little noise from the road. TIP - ask for help with the AC. It takes a bit to figure out.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jmsmoll
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We loved it! Can't wait to go back for a second stay!! If you want something relaxing and beautiful, this is the place for you. Just remember to request a room away from the road. We met so many people who have stayed there numerous times. Just remember to bring ear plugs. The tree frogs and birds are VERY noisey which distured our sleep a bit.

Room Tip: "Room away from the road" 712 was great!!
2  Thank JonathanandKatie
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It's difficult to not be redundant in highlighting all of the many reasons as to why this resort is so special. Beyond the physical beauty of the grounds and the nicely appointed guest rooms, I'd have to say the most compelling attribute for visiting SATP is the couteous and friendly staff who, without exception, have great attitudes and place the highest priority in making its guests feel welcome and comfortable. From the first day of our trip, actually even before it began through communications with the front desk manager, Kadian McPherson, we were extended a graciousness rarely found these days by the entire staff.

The atmosphere is relaxed and perfect for those seeking an alternative to the 24/7 loud and obnoxious scenes at the all-inclusive resorts nearby in Negril. The food was very good, with many options available and a changing dinner theme each evening. The beach bar and grill are also great and staffed with experienced, skillful chefs and bartenders.

We sailed one of the resorts catamarans (a small Hobie), did some snorkeling, went to Rick's Cafe (of course) and Xtabi, rented a moped and explored the area, but, by far, the best activity was the horseback riding within 15 minutes of the resort that not only included riding in the nearby hills and along the beach, but ended with a 'swim' on the back of the horse in deep water (see attached photo)!

We hope to soon return to this beautiful taste of paradise!

Room Tip: Most all of the resort is quiet, with the possible exception of those rooms situated very close to the road (rooms numbered in the 100's).
2  Thank JT007409
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Sunset At The Palms gave us another awesome vacation to remember. Our third visit and looking to go back again. When we arrived we were greeted by " Welcome Home" and did it ever feel like it. The staff is friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The grounds and landscaping gives you a feel that no other resort can give you. The beach is one of the best we've ever been too.

7  Thank Lorne F