My girlfriend and I went to SATP for a week in November. We had done research here on TA, and picked it based on the fact is was quiet and relaxing. We loved the grounds,and took the tour with Shorty. So much information! We loved our room (412), and the view of the mountains. There was always a nice breeze when we sat out on the day bed. Some had complained about the beach being aross the street; it's only five minutes. We spent every day at the beach. I have been to much larger all inclusives where the walk to the pool was longer than this. The locals that come around and play music are great, and are not pesty.
The food at the beach bar is amazing, escpecially the jerk chicken and the grilled snapper. the food in the restaurants was excellent as well especially in the ala carte. We never had a problem making a reservation or being seated.
The staff at the hotel were always so friendly and helpful.
We also attended two weddings on the beach at the hotel. They do a great job.
As far as bugs, the only time we got bit was at sunset at the pool bar. We brought 100% deet and that worked.
We went to Ricks one night, to see the sunset and the diving. It was a must see.
Another night we went to Three Dives and Xtabi for dinner. Three Dives is very casual, but had an amazing sunset! It's an outdoor place and you eat on picnic tables. We just had a couple beers and an app. Xtabi, was probably the most romantic place we have ever been and the meal was fantastic. We had the biggest baked stuffed lobsters we have ever seen. Two people can split one. Our table was on the edge of a cliff/wall and the view was just amazing. The sounds of the ocean splashing against the wall is very soothing.
You can walk from one to the other as well and do in the same night as we did.
One day for lunch we went to the Office of Nature. Being from Boston, we love lobster and had read so much about this place. The lobster was fantastic! Cooked on an open flame with butter and garlic; very tasty. It was only 20 bucks, and they have a bar there as well.
As you can see we absolutely loved our trip and will definitely go back.
The must tries are:
-Xtabi if you want a romantic dinner.
-Office of Nature for lunch
-The Jerk chicken at the beach bar.
All in all in all we absolutely loved everything. Except for one afternoon, and two nights we spent every moment at the resort just relaxing on the beach, pool, or on the day bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort