Upon arrival the staff was not very happy. They almost seemed bothered that we were there. They asked for our credit cards, issued towel cards $25US Each, Safe Key $50US and arm bands $100US Each if you lose them.
We were quickly taken to our cabins. The cabins were nice but they don’t have windows, just screens with shutters. The cabins were very warm. After closing the shutters it took 5-6 hours for the room to cool down.
The lobby, hotel, restaurant and spa have no AC; it’s very uncomfortable during the day and at night. There are some ceiling fans and if you’re lucky enough to sit under one it’s not too bad. The workout room has AC but it does not work that well and some of the equipment is broken.
Be sure to bring plenty of bug spray the place is swarming with bugs.
The bar drinks don’t have alcohol unless you ask for it.
The beach is across the street about a two to three minute walk. The beach is not bad, just watch out for the vendors and drug dealers.
The restaurant at the beach area was always out of fish all four days we were there. Not much of a selection. The food overall was poor to fair at all the restaurants on the property.
The beach activities that were included could not be used everything was “being used” or broken. I could not see anything being used there were probably 10 people there with us.
There is no bottled water ant any of the bars; it’s only sold at the gift shop that is only open from 9-6. Be sure to bring cash, you can’t charge anything to your room. Not even the spa can be charged to your room. There are no ATM’S on the property; you have to walk 9 miles to the nearest one.
The bus ride to and from the airport is about 1.5 hours each way and stops quite a bit.
You’re on your own when it comes to toilet paper, the never brought any when it ran out, you have to ask for more.
Overall it was a relaxing vacation but I would NOT pick this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great spot for romantics or a destination wedding. Nestled amongst tropical gardens and flowering plants at the edge of Negril, this unique all-inclusive gem is best described as intimate, chic and serene. The resort offers 85 "tree-house-style," elegantly appointed guestrooms on ten-acres of lush landscaping, a design praised by Architectural Digest. Melt away with a soothing spa service in our unique treatment garden, cool off at the swim-up bar with a tropical drink or "chill" at the resort's five beachfront acres and two miles of white sand beach, just steps away. When dining is on the menu, you'll enjoy both international and authentic Jamaican cuisine at four restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Sunset at the Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset At The Palms Hotel Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Negril
- Sunset Palms Jamaica
- Sunset Palms Negril
- Sunset At The Palms Resort