$270
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$131
$126
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$86
$128
$125
$250
$206
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$49
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
4,582 results
All reviewscassava terracethe red flag servicecatamaran cruisepiano barotaheite restaurantheliconia grilllychee restaurantcouple negrilour honeymoonnude beachother resortsthe fine dining restaurantwater sportsswim up barbloody baylobster nightrequires reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We have recently arrived home from a fantastic time in Couples, Negril. This trip was for my 60th birthday and our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We cannot praise the staff members enough from the entertainment crew (Deen and Orice to name but two) the cleaners all around the hotel were just brilliant, the gardeners kept the grounds immaculate also the chefs and the waiters and waitresses (Melanie, Nicolette and also Denver to name just three). Mikhail too was a lovely young man. When asked he would get your drinks and then collect all the glasses afterwards. He always had a smile for you. This hotel is small and we personally liked that as everywhere you needed to get to is only a few minutes walk away. The main pool was lovely. We stayed mainly at the 'quiet' end as there were volleyball games going on at the other end. There is also a small dive pool, which I loved as it was very refreshing. The food in every restaurant was fantastic. Our favourites though were the buffet restaurant and Lycée. There was so much choice to cater for everyones needs. The violinist and the guitarist on some mornings in the breakfast area, playing beautiful music, was a great start to the day. There was entertainment in the evenings, either singers/dancers/steel pan music and also there is a Piano bar. We were lucky enough to be there whilst the 19th birthday of the hotel was been celebrated. Absolutely amazing evening. The food was incredible and the music was Freddie McGregor who is famous in Jamaica. Fantastic singer. There are two complimentary boat trips and we really enjoyed the catamaran trip. Swimming inside a cave approximately 45 minutes away from the hotel, was just fantastic. We watched cliff divers and the sunset on the way back to the hotel was awesome. We made some lovely friends and have already emailed some of them since arriving home in England. We would definitely recommend this great small hotel even if you like to be busy, as there is a lot todo if you wish, or just relax by the sea or pool. Perfect. We talked to many people that have been back to this hotel time and time and time again. Couples Negril is a great place to have a holiday whether it be for a special occasion or just for relaxation.

Room Tip: We were in block 2 and had no complaints at all. Near to everywhere you needed to get to.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RachelandPat
Reviewed October 14, 2017

It was very relaxing and very peaceful. We had a great time. The Playmaker really did a great job getting people involved in the activity. Crystal, Jordine, Shanice, and Quan really did an excellent job. These playmakers made everyone feel welcome and made you feel like you were part of a family. The room was kept clean and housekeeping did a great job. If you need something they were glad to get for you. Staff went out of there way to make sure your needs were met.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank L5166GZsteve
Reviewed October 12, 2017

My wife and I recently got married at Couples Resort in Negril and had an amazing time. Everything from dining, entertainment, and housekeeping gave us the best service possible. Our wedding day was amazing , and the photographer, and the videographer (Star Shutter Films by: Dwight Scott) created some memories for us that we will cherish forever. The photos of our sunset wedding turned out great, and we were blown away at how excellent the video of our wedding turned out. Several of our family members commented on the video saying it looked like a real movie. We would highly recommend Couples Resort in Negril, and can't wait to go back!

4  Thank Kris R
CouplesSocialMgr, Public Relations Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Kris R,

Congratulations and thank you for choosing our resort for your wedding. We are thrilled that you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you for your 1st Anniversary.

Regards,
Michelle G

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We just returned from our 2nd visit to Couples Negril; already planning our 3rd. Located a little over an hour from Montego Bay airport by car, this resort is located in beautiful Bloody Bay in Negril. We love the size of the resort (not a big resort), the staff, the food, and all of the amenities. The SCUBA team is awesome, as is all of the staff here. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the grounds are beautiful and maintained constantly. We just love Couples Negril!

12  Thank LoveLabradors

LoveLabradors,

As they say.. "third time is the charm" so we know you will keep coming back. Thank you for your support and we will see you soon.

Regards,
Michelle G

Reviewed October 6, 2017

COUPLES NEGRIL TRIP REPORT 09/23/17 to 09/30/17
This was our 4th trip to a Couples resort. We renewed our wedding vows in 2011 at Swept Away and then stayed at San Souci in 2013 and 2014. We are big fans of the Couples chain, which I should note is only found on the island of Jamaica.

All of our prior trips were in February, but, quite frankly, high season has become too expensive for us. To go somewhere else? No way. We love Jamaica and after a trip to Mexico and a cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Martin, we knew we wanted our toes in the sand on our beloved island.

We arrived at MBJ around noon after leaving MSP at 5:30 am with a layover in Atlanta. Normally, we do Club Mobay, but this time, because we were coming in low season, we threw caution to the wind and skipped it. There were absolutely no lines. We literally got off the plan and had no waiting. From the time we got off the plane to the Couples headquarters at MBJ was maybe 10 minutes (we walked). I note that we did carry on luggage (if you can swing it, so worth it!), so no luggage to wait for.

We handed our bags off to a Couples employee who quickly tagged our bags and told us to get a drink and relax. Ya Mon!! Hubby grabbed a Red Stripe and I got a water and we were on the road within about 10 minutes.

On the way to the resort, we made a quick stop at “Cousins Cove” for a bathroom break and a drink. The van was full. I had to sit up front with the driver and hubby sat behind me. Given that I am prone to motion sickness, this actually worked out really good. I can see how some couples may not have appreciated the seating arrangement, but it was all good here.

Check In (FAIL!!):
When we arrived at the resort, I literally ran to the front desk while husband orchestrated the bags. There was at least 3 Couples employees there. I told one of them who I was and I was checking in. No smile. No “welcome”. I was simply told to sit down and someone would be right with me. WHAT?????? I sat in front of the desk for about 10 minutes before the rest of the bus came in. At this point, someone had passed out champagne and cold towels. One lady addressed the group and told us about the rules and the credit card hold, etc. She then announced our names and handed out clip boards and pens.
I signed the document and was given my room key. Still no smile or a “Welcome Home”. We went to gather our bags and the bell man indicated he would bring our bags to our room. We told him that we had only carry ons and wanted to take our own bags. He told us again no. We insisted and he said that we could take our bags but only if we didn’t tell anyone, which we agreed too. He pointed us in the right direction and we quickly found our room.

The Room (Pass with flying colors!)
We had room number 1202 which was steps from the beach, restaurants and pool. This room is beautiful. Our housekeepers were fantastic and took such good care of us morning and night. We loved the towel animals and turn down service. We loved the location. The AC worked great. The only complaint is the light on the AC unit was really bright. We remedied that by putting my robe over the light. If we stay here again, we want this room again. We had no issues with ants or bugs, though, if we did, we wouldn’t have had a problem with it…this is the Caribbean..right? Overall, we loved the room and the staff that went with it.

Food (Mediocre??)
We ate at all of the restaurants. The food at Otatheite (spelling) was really good. Lots of prior reviewers loved Lychee, but I was a bit disappointed. What exactly was the issue? The only thing I can put my finger on is that it seemed like everything was heavily sauced and mostly overcooked. I would have loved a steak without a bunch of stuff on top of it or simple grilled lobster with a side of drawn butter. The jerk chicken at the beach grill was good, but again tons of sauce. The food was not BAD. It just wasn’t great. The last 2 visits were to CSS and we constantly found ourselves comparing our food to there. We did trading spaces at Swept Away while there and had lunch and enjoyed the lunch very much at Swept Away (grilled fish tacos and sweet potato chips anyone?? ).

Bar service/Red flag beach service (Very good to EXCELLENT)
Bartenders were friendly and attentive, but I really wished for a martini bar like CSS. I asked several bar tenders for a Lychee martini and was told I could only get it at the Lychee restaurant. The problem with that (for me) is I want a martini (or 2) BEFORE dinner, not during dinner. So, the Lychee martini eluded me. We did think the beach drink service was much better here than CSS or CSA, so props to the people who were constantly available to fill our drink orders while we lounged around.

Water sports/included activities (FANTASTIC)
We snorkeled and took out a hobby cat and stand up paddle boards. We also did the Catamaran cruise. The water sports guys were fun, attentive and always willing to lend a helping hand. The snorkeling was pretty good. I heard others say snorkeling at other islands was better, but this has nothing to do with CN.

Repeaters Dinner (Meh…)
Husband and I were seated across from each other. Just before the program started, I excused myself for a quick bathroom break. I returned to find my seat occupied with one of the most gorgeous Jamaican women I have ever seen. The chair next to her was vacant (why wasn’t she sitting there???). I finally told her that I had concerns with her chosen seat and she changed seats with me. This lady was part of Couples Human Resources. At the repeaters dinner, several Couples’ executives are seated with the guests to find out concerns, questions and get feedback. I have always enjoyed the repeaters dinner, but this situation annoyed me. I am still wondering why I had to kick a Couples Executive out of my chair that was directly across from my husband? The food was really good and the service excellent, however, we couldn’t help but compare this repeaters dinners to the 2 we had at CSS. CSS wins hands down. At CSS, the GM was present at both dinners and made a point to talk to and thank each and every guest. At CSS, we were served lobster that was grilled in front of our eyes with no sauces. There was not a GM at this dinner as he had gone to Montego Bay for something. I understand he/she can’t be at all of them.

Overall Trip/Resort Ranking: Good to Excellent with a few hiccups. We enjoyed our time here and I hope my honest review doesn’t make the reader think they should reconsider this resort.

We are in our 50’s and we found most of the guests to be right around our age group and A LOT OF FUN! Most guests were die hard Couples Negril fans with multiple visits to CN under their belts. Quite honestly, I hope they don’t read this review or I am going to get all kinds of hate mail…lol. It seems that you either fall madly in love with CN or you don’t. We didn’t, but that is only because we are in love with another Couples resort. Would we recommend this resort? Yes!! Would we return? Probably not. My heart belongs to CSS and my husband’s heart belongs to CSA.

This was our 8th trip to Jamaica. We have stayed in Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, and Negril at several different resorts. We have gone the “all inclusive route” and the “on your own route”. We finally have come to the determination that we LOVE COUPLES. We won’t be looking at any other brand for our next trip.

Thank you Couples for a great week. We will be back, but only time will tell if it will be CSS or CSA.

Room Tip: Get beach front if you can.
9  Thank JamaicaJoleen