Couples Negril
$270
$162
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$129
$82
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

$179
$182
$160
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
$109
$53
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$153
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$240
$233
Travelocity
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$135
$49
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $56/night.

White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
4,541 results
All reviewscassava terracethe red flag servicecatamaran cruisepiano barotaheite restaurantheliconia grilllychee restaurantcouple negrilour honeymoonnude beachother resortsthe fine dining restaurantwater sportsswim up barbloody baylobster nightscuba diving
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We went for our honeymoon! We had a blast, food was delicious, staff was very friendly and quick to serve. Very laid back and relaxing atmosphere! We can't wait to go back. I highly recommend Couples Negril!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Porkchop00
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Recent Guests,

We are happy that you had a wonderful honeymoon experience. Thank you for recommending us.

We look forward to your return as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The resort is beautiful the food is fantastic everything is wonderful! The beach is gorgeous and the people that work at the resort couldn't be better. Couples Negril is our favorite vacation spot! The rooms are great even the less expensive ones. We have also meant other couples at the swim up bar it's a fun party place to meet people. We have been 4 times and we always want to rerun after trying out other reports in Mexico. Couples has the happiest staff that is there year after year and always to out of there way to make sure everything is great. The piano bar is a great place to to I'm the evening great music and drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shelli E

Dear Shelli,

I see that your experience here at Couples Negril has unearthed beautiful friendships. The Piano Bar does offer a great selection of entertainment activities.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a one week stay at Couples Negril (CN) (8/26 - 8/31). I would give this resort 3.5 stars, but since that isn't an option I chose 4. I'll start with the positives.

Beach - the beach at CN is absolutely amazing. I've traveled to several Caribbean islands and this is by far the best beach I've experienced. The water is so warm and calm. CN offers floaters that you can take into the ocean. So awesome.

Dinner - Dinner at CN was fantastic. Lychee has the best food in my opinion. The Lychee martini is a must try. The reservation-only restaurant was decent as well.

Service - Everyone at CN was welcoming and accommodating. They were friendly and engaging without being overbearing. Timar was our favorite!

Pool - Although CN only has 1 pool, it was huge! And most importantly, clean. The water was just the right temperature.

Now on the to the negatives

Breakfast and Lunch - I was somewhat disappointed in breakfast and lunch at CN. Birds and bugs were frequent visitors during the buffet style meals. Lunch at the Heliconia grill was average at best. The staff wasn't very friendly.

Mosquitoes - If you plan to visit CN or anywhere for Jamaica for that matter, during rainy season, BE SURE to pack bug spray. I used bug spray the entire time and still got several bites.

Rooms and Overall Decor - Everything was clean, so that's a plus. However, CN needs a major decor revamp. A power wash and coat of paint would go a long way. The bedding in the guest rooms was low quality. The tiles in the bathroom were stained.

Overall, it was a great trip and the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. We met some great people. While I wouldn't be a in a rush to return, I would recommend to others.

4  Thank Amber H
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Amber,

We are all glad that your Anniversary trip to Couples Negril was an enjoyable one. Our Tropical climate does have its fair share of challenges with mosquitoes; however, we are not daunted in our efforts to address them and will continue this process.

The service issues you related in regards to your dining experiences are not consistent with our standards and will be addressed.

Thank you for recommending us.

We are currently refreshing areas on property as you suggested and look forward to hosting you more comfortably another time.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

So we got married at an amazing resort iberostar rose hall suites and then moved over to Couples for our honeymoon and I have to say I was very disappointed. When we booked our room they have a honeymoon package where we get a 25 min massage and a bottle of champagne. I asked the check in girl about an upgrade since we just got married 2 days prior however she never even checked if there was any availability for upgrade her name was Lesa Marie something like that. so I was already frustrated with the resort. then we get to our room and it is just a typical room no Jacuzzi tub like we had at the suites no fruit in the room as we were given at the suites no bottle of champagne as we got upon entering the room at the suites. Our room was a garden room view which to me should really say forest view. I was scared to leave the room at night because their was too many trees. when we got to the resort we were hungry so we headed over to the helconia to grab a bite to eat our food almost got eaten by the goose or duck what ever the animal was that is apparently at the resort on a daily basis. My husband was very irritated by this and thought it was very unsanitary. All of the staff seemed very unapproachable which was a turn off. Yes we were on our honey moon but the resort seems more so for people that are getting ready to die. we wanted the option for the resort to be "turned up" and it really doesn't ever get turned up. The food was more so for americans I didn't travel to jamaica to eat the same food I left in the US. That was disappointing. They only provide really one jamaican dish and everything else is the typical american food I could have stayed at home for. there were a few people that I loved on the resort which they were monique, Natasia, okenyo my spelling of there names are off but needless to say they helped to make our stay there more tolerable. we stayed there for 6 nights and I am sorry to say that I would not return to this resort.

Room Tip: If you are looking for really nice rooms this is not the resort for you.
2  Thank Jonelle C
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Jonelle,

It was a pleasure hosting you recently at Couples Negril, however, we are concerned to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. I suspect that your experience at the Iberostar Hotel fuelled your expectations here at Couples Negril. You may appreciate however, that Couples Negril is a different style of resort compared to Iberostar. With a more intimate setting, our accommodations and facilities are in keeping with our theme of a tropical, rustic and romantic ambiance.

Room upgrades are subject to availability and in the midst of our refurbishing projects, some rooms were closed to facilitate this exercise. Incidentally, similar to the Iberostar hotel our suites are compete with Jacuzzis as well; however the other room categories namely; Garden view, Ocean View and Beachfront do not.

The extensive foliage at the resort (which consist mostly of palm trees) is intentional which allows a partially obstructed view of the ocean. We have security personnel on site at all times to ensure your safety.

I am sorry to hear that Our food offerings did not appeal to you. The choice of Menu embraces Asian and Mediterranean influences along with our Caribbean specialties. We have noted your comments as we continue to make improvements. There are programs in place to address the birds in the Dining area.

Thank you for mentioning those who offered exemplary service. We do hope to be given the opportunity to grace you with our signature "Couples" hospitality another time.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My Husband and I stayed for 2 weeks in Couples Negril in August 2013 (We are from Scotland). We had an amazing time! The food was first class, the drinks were excellent and the staff were all fab! Especially Lyndon and Franklyn in the Piano Bar were first class and we thoroughly enjoyed the sing a long with Paul Tucker in the Piano Bar! Our experience within the restauarants were made especially good by Kesneil & Omar. Andane was a character aswell!

The entertainment team were first class, especially Okeno, Kiev and Shauna! The daily and nightly entertainment was excellent!
The Otaheite restaurant was excellent, however make sure males dress with long trousers, collared shirt or t-shirt and shoes and ladies dress in a nice dress/outfit! its worth it as the food is so good!
The only downfall of this hotel was the rooms. We were staying in a garden room, and we just felt that it could have benefited from some general maintenance and a revamp, however, they are currently upgrading the rooms,which we feel will really benefit the hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends and would definitely go back ourselves!
My husband undertook his PADi diving certification whilist we were in Couples Negril, and he ended up doing 11 dives throughout our vaccation. Sugar, Steve & Taffy were all excellent instructors, and the value for money for the watersports etc was excellent! If you are a scuba diver do not miss the night dives, as this is a truly amazing experience,and well worth the $50 dollars supplement!

5  Thank Debbie B
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Debbie,

From your review we clearly see that our objectives are have been met. Congratulations on your husband’s PADI certification. I see that you took advantage of our inclusions and enjoyed the assistance of our team members. We do enforce the dress codes at our restaurants and as you highlighted there are some anticipated changes to be made to our accommodations.

Thank you for your recommendations and for mentioning those that made your stay even more memorable.

Do come again.