“Want to live there”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would think I was in paradise if I could live at Couples Negril. This resort has the most beautiful setting. It is not a new resort so the landscape is beautifully mature. The restaurants serve island food that is always delicious. You can ask for more food if you think you can handle it also. One portion was enough for me, but I wish I could of eaten more. The ocean and beach are the absolute best that I have ever been to. The staff is caring and personable. When our air was leaking, it was fixed right away. The worker was also very caring and knowledgeable about how to repair the system. This is one of my favorite places. We have been there twice, and I will go again. This is ultimate placeto relax!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank luluohio_9
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Repeat Guests,

Thank you for sharing your kind sentiments. It’s a pleasure to learn that Couples Negril has become one of your favorite places.

Happy to know that you will visit again, we look forward to seeing you.

There are newer reviews for Couples Negril

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just out of curiosity, I decided to read the poor reviews of CN....in 10 stays at CN, and being married there, I can say we have never experienced what the unhappy folks reported. Quite the opposite. The tropics do pose challenges regarding heat and humidity, but we have never experienced anything about mold or mildew or other uncleanliness.

The reports of surly or unfriendly staff could not be further from our experience. Perhaps the rather more formal presentation by staff with a definite British influence is new to some. I noticed, however, that once a staff member is subtly given "permission" to be more informal, a sweeter, funnier, relaxed staff you won't find. I guess you get what you project....

My wife's mother died during one of our stays. We were headed to the lobby to get some help, and ran in to the then manager who said "come with me". She proceeded to call the airline and make arrangements for us to get back to the states, while she directed another office staff person to call Negril "International" Airport to hold the next flight back to MoBay for us. This is only the biggest example of our many fine examples of how we have been treated in about 100 days of stays. A HUGE reason we return is staff.

If you go to Jamaica expecting the Ritz Carlton, you will be disappointed. If you enjoy a great beach (vendors may not go beyond the water line), great staff (I have asked many staff if working for Couples is a good job in Jamaica, I get a big smile, and an "Oh, yes"..), pretty good selection of food with only a few "oops", go to CN....all ages, lots of other folks to meet, and a welcoming atmosphere, go to CN. And if you go to play golf, take a cart, and see if Sheldon, Megan, or Sharon are available to caddy for you...you will have fun...

Room Tip: Unless you plan to stay in your room or on your patio most of the day, get the Garden View....Don...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ScottB

Dear Scott,

We are happy to learn that over the years we have not disappointed you. All our guests are viewed as family and the team is always on hand to take care of whatever needs you may have.

Thank you for your commendations, we look forward to your many return trips.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We honeymooned at Couples Negril for 7 days in early August. We had an incredible time! They had a great selection of activities (we did snorkeling, rode in a glass bottomed boat, sailed Hobie Cats, went on the catamaran booze cruise, kayaked, got couples massages in the treehouse...). We also enjoyed just laying on the beautiful beach. It rained for about 30 minutes 4 of the afternoons we were there, but went back to sunshine after the clouds passed. The food was incredible and the staff were great. We would recommend it highly to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jacqueline S

Dear Jacqueline,

Your sentiments are indeed true. At Couples Negril, you can just relax on the beach or take part in the many activities on schedule just like what you did!

Thank you for recommending us. Looking forward to hosting you another time.

Couples Negril Management

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been to Jamaica several times before and even stayed before at Couples Tower Isle. The purpose of this trip was to establish a tradition, somewhere we would go each year for our August wedding anniversary. Bottom line --- we had a great time and look forward to going back next year, to this Couples or one of the others.

We arranged a private car transport from the airport for a little extra comfort ($120 RT) and arrived at the hotel around 11 am. No problem mon, our room was ready within minutes and by 12:30 we were having a buffet lunch.

Room 8202 is ocean view, facing the ocean directly though at a distance and with some trees between, but again, no problem mon, the balcony had a good view. The room was dated but comfortable. We look forward to updated bathrooms next year, but really, we were comfortable. Maid service missed us one day when we took an afternoon "nap" but otherwise did a good job.

We spent most of our time on the beach, under a tree, umbrellas turning out to be unnecessary for shade purposes. The chairs were comfortable, towels plentiful, sand clean and groomed. Water was if anything a little too calm. Chair cushions become floats either in the ocean or pool. I prefer the ocean but I'd say maybe half the people seem to sit by the pool. The jacuzzis were pretty pathetic but oh well.

Food was better than expected. Returning guest dinner was FABULOUS, giving us a chance to talk with the General Manager. I learned that 98% of the food served is locally sourced (exceptions: beef, lamb, apples) great for our health and their economy. "Formal" dinner in the Otahite restaurant was perfect with flawless service and excellent food. The mediterranean grill served excellent fish and lunchtime sandwiches. Notable at the buffet were Jamaican specials at every meal giving us a chance to try local fruits, veggies and seafood. Bar service was also no problem mon. I did not notice any skimping on the alcohol, maybe just the opposite.

Entertainment may have been my one disappointment. Although the bands we saw were ok, nothing stood out. I would have liked to hear a steel band but they were playing the night after our departure. Every evening seemed to have a half hour of dead space which bothered me. I did like the piano bar, though I would have liked earlier than 10pm sing alongs at least some nights.

We did not do the au natural beach here. It seemed a little too "exposed" as compared to Tower Isle and that is the one reason I would consider going back there.

But we'll probably go back to Negril. It was THAT good. See you next August, my friends.

Room Tip: Building 8 or 9 for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank My_AZ
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear My_AZ,

It was great conversing with you at the Repeat Guests’ Dinner. Your review is an encouragement to the entire Couples Negril team. We look forward to sharing the changes with you when you return next August.

Our room attendants take special care not to disturb guests whether they are (in your case) taking an afternoon nap or have posted a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. Thank you for your commendations and suggestions. We are continuously improving our entertainment package to appeal to your interests and your feedback certainly assists in this process.

I look forward to reconnecting with you next year.

Kind regards,

Ricardo.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visited Couples Negril first time for our honeymoon. We stayed from 2nd of august to 9th of August.
We had the best vacations ever. Everything was perfect. One of the most organised hotels i ever visited.
All inclusive hotel, at it's all meaning. Never felt thirsty or hungry.
Delicious and rich buffets every day, breakfast or lunch or dinner. Or ala carte restaurants.
Beautiful beach and warm waters, crystal clear sea. Amazing gardens.
The room was very clean, the cleaning lady was passing by twice a day in order to keep the room clean.
The furnishing was quite old but according to all other perfect thing in Couples Negril you do not care.
Great service from all the staff. Waiters , housekeeping, reception , bartenders, entertainers, supervisors,e.t.c ! A big thank you and congratulations for your work!

Try miami vice cocktail and yellow bird cocktail, amazing!
I recommend Couples Negril resort for sure.
I hope to visit you again soon. I wish i was living closer to Jamaica to visit you sooner.

Keep the good work all of you there !!!!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Panicos G
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear PanicosGeo,

It was a pleasure hosting you recently for your honeymoon at Couples Negril. I am pleased you found your stay to be perfect and enjoyed the services and amenities provided.

Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you soon as well.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Uhhhhh how do I start !!!!! This resort is the ultimate best me and my husband absolutely loved it , it was everything and more that we expected the people were very friendly the staff were exceptional they waited on us hand and foot whatever we needed they were right there it was worth every dime we paid .The resort was exactly like the pictures it was paradise when you go there you can say your truly on vacation it was sooooo relaxing .The entertainment was on point the parties , bands , food , drinks, the entertainment crew everything about it was awesome and me and my husband cant wait to go back.♡♥♡♥♡♡♥♡

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ShereeJones
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Sheree,

Thanks for your commendations. It’s good to know that you consider Couples Negril to be everything you had expected.

We look forward to hosting you again as well.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Couples Negril was very accommodating to our group of 6. We had a great experience here and would definitely recommend Couples to anyone.

Room - We requested the ocean view room. the room was okay nothing impressive. they should call it the "closer to the beach" room. there is no real ocean view seeing that we were on the first level. we didn't get to have an ocean view however we were in close range to everything like the main pool and dinning areas so walking wasn't an issue. Couples also did a great job booking all three rooms together ( which we requested ).

Food - the asian restaurant "lychee" was mediocre. we waited a very long time for our food that wasn't so great. we were drinking all day and were hoping for a great meal that didn't happen. the buffet for breakfast was the typical eggs and bacon ordeal. they offered fresh smoothies that my boyfriend and i enjoyed every morning. the buffet for lunch and dinner is also good. the best dinner we had at the buffet was the set up outside with live cooks and grills. dinner at the other two restaurants were great. the fancy one "otaheite" offered lobster and smoked marlin, so tasty. the italian restaurant offered great lasagna.

grounds - this is the first resort that offered more than the typical paddle boat and kayak. as group we really enjoyed the catamaran and the bottom glass boat ride. the catamaran took us out to a cliff\cave. they let you off to swim into this bat cave. its a great experience. on the bottom glass boat you can see the corals, fishes, and giant star fishes. the beach is nice and clean, no complaints =]

great staff here. Cari Ann was a ball of fun the dance floor, Winston took great photos of us on the beach, and the server/bartender Denver was a gem. Denver was so friendly and efficient, you can tell he enjoys what he does.

Room Tip: We requested the ocean view room. the room was okay nothing impressive. they should call it the &quo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank helen l

Dear Helen,

I am happy that we were able to accommodate you and your friends for a wonderful vacation experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed the various inclusions and have noted your comments regarding the Lychee restaurant.

Thank you for highlighting the team members that went above and beyond.

We look forward to hosting you again.