“Best vacation ever!!”

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 81 Hotels in Negril
“Best vacation ever!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We travelled as a married couple of 20 years. We have travelled every year for the past ten years in the Caribeaan including Dom republic, Cuba & Mexico. This was our second trip to Negril and by far our best vacation yet. Everything from the food,entertainment,staff attention and beach was great. We tried all the restaurants, only needed to book one a la carte as the rest were first come first serve, and there was lots of selection for both of us. My wife doesn't eat fish. The breads & pastries were unbelievable especially the cream puffs. We ordered breakfast in our room one day and it arrived right on time and was included. The mini bar service was a nice touch as we could have as much liquor in our room to sip on (40 ozers) for before dinner every night. Again the service after the call was 10 minutes. Anybody who has been to DR, this is unheard of.

The water sports were all included: snorkelling, glass bottom boat, scuba diving, wind surfing. I could have done this every day. Hats off to Milton who was very patient with me and taught me how to snorkel. Thanks mon! You might find the resort a little more expensive than others but with these activities all included huge value.

We had experienced the beach last year as we stayed next door at breezes grand. This was main reason we went back to same area as the beach is perfect, calm water, enjoyable merchants---- Donovan, cigar guy. CN has a flag service on the beach, put the flag up and 5 minutes later waiter is there for your drink order. Floaties on chairs were great and relaxing. Some mornings we would not get to beach til 9 or so and still no panic for a beach chair. The resort is small enough that with chairs available , no problem. Special mention for Casawayne. We met him first day on beach.sweet guy. His main job is in the kitchen but wants to be out in bar etc. around the people and that is where he should be because he is great with people. He was in main lobby as we were leaving and was sincerely sad to see us leave. I hope CN management recognize this.

The entertainment group was great as well. Special mention to Kiev and Carlos who kept you updated on what was happening each day and tried to get you involved in a nice way. Beach party was a nice experience, ate dinner on the beach and enjoyed local band.

Now biggest impression couples Negril left on our trip was the staff attitude. They constantly asked us if everything was ok and if we needed anything. If you stood somewhere for 3 minutes just looking around , they would spot you and approach you to see if you needed anything. We met people who keep returning to CN and this is obviously why.

Only suggestions would be to not pay extra for oceanview because there really isn't such a thing. The resort is so small you will never be more that 5 minutes from the beach anyway. Our flight left late at night and because the resort was fully booked we could nt keep our room late enough to shower in the room before we left. A shower in a common area was made available.

We will highly recommend Couples Negril to anyone travelling to Jamaica and we will definitely return with others or just ourselves again. Absolutely best vacation ever. Hi out there to Tom &Betsy from CT we met.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Lloyd C
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Lloyd,

I am happy that you enjoyed the all-inclusive amenities at Couples Negril. Superior customer service and value for money is our mission.

All our room blocks are in an angular position to allow a partial view of the sea and/or garden depending on the room category booked.

Thank you for mentioning the staff that assisted in making your vacation memorable. They are truly our best assets.

We appreciate you telling your friends about us and look forward to welcoming you back home to Couples Negril.

Warm regards,

Couples Negril Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,038)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spend 7 days at the beautiful Couples Negril from March 18 to 25th,

First let me tell you that we travel 2-3 times a year in the caribbean in 4 and 5 stars resort.

from the moment you get at the airport in the Couples lounge (restrooms and Red Stripe beer) to the time they drop you back at the airport you will be treated like a king!

I have to say that Couples Negril was the best in all resort we did for : Customer service ( they will bend backward for you every minutes of your stay) Food ( buffet or a la carte was always fresh and a lot of variety. you can have something to eat 24 hrs a day) Beach ( one of the best I have seen, water clear, warm).

-The vendors on the beach are not anoying! they are entertaining

-Mini fridge in the room, you have a nice list to choose from. First day there ask for Rum,Vodka,Gin. you will get a 40oz of each in your room. you are good for the week.

-The entertainment and his crew is top notch ( Carlos I will see you soon).

- where else can you have free excursions? we did 3 excursion all included in the price. Glass bottom boat ride ( Albert I will see you soon). Sunset Catamaran cruise (Party first then you see the sunset). Snorkeling tours (I have been to Antigua twice for the snorkeling where they say is one of the best place. I saw more colorful fish in the excursion with Couples than any other place I been so far).

-There is a lot of lounge chairs and shaded area on the beach for everyone. but there is some nicer spot than others. some people get up early to get those nicer and quiet spot. but that is just a personal choice.

I could say a lot more, but just read the positive of the other review and I feel the same.

We enjoyed so much the Couples experience, that next week we are booking for the new Couples Barbados in October.

Patrick

Room Tip: We took a Ocean view in block 9, but don't spend more for Ocean and Beachfront, there is no bad...
8 Thank Patrick L
Dear Patrick,

As you have experienced, we treat our guests like royalty.

Thank you for your commendation on the service and the food variety. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beach activities and our entertainment package.

We appreciate your continued support of the COUPLES brand and look forward to hosting you in Barbados.

Blue Mountains, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our third time at Couples second time at CN every little ting is still irie. The food,staff and property are second to none. The shuttle left promptly from Couples lounge at MBJ (so quickly that I only had time to use the washroom, enjoy a quick red stripe and grab one for the road. In a very educational 1 1/2 hr drive we arrived at our island home to be greeted with a glass of sparkling wine and a refreshing cool face cloth. Checkin was fast and we were in our room changed and off to the beach in about 1/2 an hour. You have to call to get your mini bar stocked but it is no problem mon. Only problem is it soon be home time. More to come but there is a red stripe and a lounge chair that need my attention. mc

6 Thank MikeCanuk56
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Mike,

We are happy to have you presently in house. Do continue to enjoy your holiday with us.

upstate New york
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me first say, I am still smiling from this vacation. My husband and I just got back yesterday, 3/27/2013. This trip was for our 20th anniversary and good friends of ours went as well. I had read many reviews and many of them were right on. Yes, the resort is a little outdated but I found our room to be just what it needed to be. Huge King size bed, great pillows, television with decent stations, nice bathroom and clean. The whole resort is clean, they clean all the time. The resort reminded me a lot of an Italian style looking resort in some ways. The paint was not fresh but that somehow made the ambience even better, especially at the night, it was beautiful.

So, to most important things. Will start with negatives and then go to positives. Things are slow, if you are expecting super fast service, it's not happening, however, after 24 hours you start to see that that also slows you down as well and you aren't so hyper and way more relaxed. The internet is also slow and not always at your disposal, again though, this slows you down, forces you to get to living and off your phone or Ipad. I was grateful for all of this after being there 6 days. Shower was not hot one time. Lights went off once but for short time. This did not make us unhappy or distraught but it could happen and you need to be aware. There are vendors on the beach, they call out but cannot come up to where you are laying on the beach. The chairs are somewhat annoying but they have floaties so you can take them to beach or in pool.

Now for positives, the food was amazing, absolutely amazing. Our friends are foodies and they were highly impressed. There is something for everyone to eat. We talked to many other couples who have been to the other resorts, some of these people have come back to Couples Negril 15 times because they love it so much. The resort is small which makes it easy to get around, the lines are not long at night, there is also room service but you have to ask the day before. We did not have a problem stocking our bar because we really didn't need to drink more than we were already outside our room, however, they do come and stock if you ask. The staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I will mention a few but there many more, Herbert, Shona, Kiev and Bubbalicious. Thanks all of you, didn't really meet anyone one working there that seemed not happy.

Tipping, really don't have to, can if you want, they don't seem to expect it. Feels weird at first but then you feel normal not doing it. Lots of activities, we went snorkeling and sailing. I have a bum shoulder or I would have done more.

The beach is one of the most beautiful I have seen. Water is gorgeous and clear, last day we were there were huge waves and I missed that but I would have loved to gone out.

Shuttle to airport isn't horrible, we took plane to the resort. I highly recommend it, was awesome experience and when you land, you just want to get there. The resort is seriously a block away. If I had known, I would have just carried our bags over there.

To close, I will definitely go back. We are talking about going in 2 years. I would go every year if I could!!

Room Tip: We were in block 6, room 6107, close to beach, close to bar but you can hear the entertainment at ni...
6 Thank lovetosun
Dear Recent Guest,

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. We are pleased that you chose Couples Negril to celebrate your special occasion.

Your review is appreciated and I am certain some readers will find your opinion helpful. I would like to confirm that the appearance of the Resort is intentional, as it is in keeping with our theme of a tropical romantic setting. Not all our walls are painted; as we use an aquamarine litho chrome finish particularly in the lobby and other public areas. This depicts an atmosphere in tune with nature which is complemented by the extensive greenery and foliage throughout the Resort.

WiFi service is available, in addition to our onsite Internet Café and also, our Systems Administrator assists persons who may experience challenges connecting properly with their various devices.

We are not aware of any hot water issues but did experience a brief power outage from the island’s light and power company; however, our standby generator is activated within 5 seconds of losing electricity from the national supplier.

Couples Negril has a ‘no tipping’ policy but all our team members share in gratuities. While we understand that some persons may want to show their appreciation to individual team members who really do a great job every day, we ask our guests to assist us in upholding this policy. If guests are so led, they may contribute directly to the gratuity fund by making payments at the Front Desk or Bureau in the lobby.

Do come back home to Couples Negril whenever you can. We look forward to hosting you again.

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We got an excellent package through American Airlines. Several couples we knew had stayed at Couples Negril in the past and highly recommended it. We were not disappointed. Our room was on the 3rd floor, overlooking lush, tropical landscaping with a great view of the Caribbean Sea. The food was made on the premises, the desserts to die for (when we were in Cancun, the desserts were not home-made), with a large selection of meats, including goat, available at every meal. Walking along the powder-like sandy beach, we met a very interesting mix of local vendors, some a little shady, but never felt unsafe. However, we spent the majority of our time hanging out in the pool around the bar. Bartenders were very friendly, and tried hard to get you another drink before you ran out. The only negatives were the distance from the airport, took about 1-1/2 hours from a private taxi, compared to 2-1/2 hours from the hotel's shuttle. The hotel's shuttle made numerous stops to include local bars/stores, at guests requests. Also, the front check-in desk was innudated with guests arriving at once, causing back-ups that lasted close to 3 hours to get your room, but while you waited they directed you to their cafe and walked around with champagne. I would definitely go back to Couples Negril.

Room Tip: All rooms had views of the water, so don't think you can go wrong. Higher floors have great vie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jeri K
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your vacation with us. It certainly was our pleasure to have been your hosts.

At Couples Negril, we strive to provide our guests with the ingredients for a perfect vacation: food, activities, facilities and friendly and efficient service from our team members.

We regret the delays experienced at check-in. It is not customary for our shuttle drivers to stop on route to the Resort; unless requested by our guests. The drive is approximately one and a half hours. We do our best to accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs but this is not always possible.

It’s great that you are considering visiting us again. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Regards,

hoover, alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent a week at Couples Negril. The property is small but that is what we were looking for. The water there is very calm with no coral and extremely clear-- perfect for swimming. It is an all-inclusive but we did not take advantage of the of activities. The food was especially good with lots of variety. There are lots of comfortable beach chairs and lots of shade. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Our room was lovely.

Room Tip: Our room was 1108 and it was in a noisy location-- near ice machine and restaurant kitchen. The man...
3 Thank susanHoover_Alabama
Dear Susan,

We are happy to learn that Couples Negril provided just what you were looking for. We try to make the resort as intimate and as engaging as possible to cater to the varying needs of all our valued guests.

Looking forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Coastal CT
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had been to Jamaica several times, but this was our first all-inclusive. (It was a surprise for my wife's birthday) This place does it right. First, we were upgraded for no extra cost, so we had a very large, beautiful room. It was great - but we didn't spend very much time in there. The beach and pool, and swim up bar were awesome. I recommend this resort without reservation.

• The staff was the best I have ever encountered anywhere. So friendly and professional!
• The food was excellent in all the restaurants, including the late night snack bar grill.
• We were only there for 5 days (regrettably) so we didn't get to do all the activities, but everyone around us raved about them.
• The piano bar was the late night place to be. Very fun!
• We had a couples massage in the tree house. Very unusual and exotic location.

Now for the negatives: oh yeah, there weren't any.

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but this place is great. We will definitely be back. I have never seen my wife so utterly sad to be going home. To everyone at Couples Negril, thank you for making her birthday the best ever.
And see you next time, mon.

Room Tip: Only saw the ocean view rooms, which were very nice and extremely clean. But if you are doing this v...
7 Thank murf1
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are pleased to have shared in the birthday celebration. Making our guests happy, makes us very happy!

Thank you for this heartfelt review which we will share with our team members. Your commendation is appreciated.

Do come back again.