“WOW, Absolutely incredible” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Couples Negril

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Couples Negril
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Negril
“WOW, Absolutely incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2003

My wife and I just returned from 7 days of absolute paradise. Couples Negril was an absolute wonderful experience and we will be going back for sure. Everything was perfect from the room, to the beach to food. We could not have asked for more. The staff was extraordinary anything you asked for was no problem mon and the road to Negril was not even a problem and maybe took a hour and ½ but we did not even realize it because it was so interesting to see how different a culture they have. I highly recommend this resort to everyone.

40 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (998)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2003

I read a lot of reviews before we left on our trip (6/28-7/5), and was concerned about some of the things I read. However, the resort was wonderful, service was fantastic, and the Jamaican people the best. The gardens where our room was located were absolute paradise, food was excellent, plenty of fun to be had, and the drinks were good and plentiful. If you can't have a wonderful time at Couples Negril, then your just stupid, or such a high class stuff shirt, that you couldn't have fun anywhere unless it was perfect. The place was the best, we were so depressed to leave, but we will return, God willing....Don't worry if your going soon, it's a paradise..email with any questions.

36 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2003

My husband & I stayed here for 8 days for our 7th anniversary...It was incredible!! We had already stayed at Sandals Ocho Rios in the past...hands downs Couples has Sandals beat! I'll probably never go back to Sandals after being here!The food was outstanding! The drinks & bartenders are great (no midori though...)! The staff was attentive & the rooms all have a great view of either the bay or gardens...don't spend your money on the ocean view rooms...all the rooms are identical and the garden rooms are practically on the beach themselves...Our favorite part of the trip was how relaxing it was. Sandals has playmakers which practically coerce you into participating in their games. Couples also has activities, but the staff is very non-chalant as to whether you want to join...if not NO PROBLEM MON. No pressure either...Hands down, my best visit to Jamaica...and I've been there several times...I'll be going back for sure!Jodi

• Stayed July 2004
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
39 Thank Live4Travel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2003

The service at this resort was very sketchy. When we first arrived, the bell boys took us to a room that smelled like mold! We called the front desk to request a room change. They said sure, but they did not send a bell hop. My husband and I had to drag our luggage up 3 flights of stairs. Then we had to wait in the lobby for 45 min. before being taken to our room. Once we were in our new room, we waited an additional 45 min for our luggage to arrive (after I called the front desk 2 times).
This was quite annoying after a very early flight. Noone at the front desk apologized for putting us in a smelly room or when I called to check on the arrival of our luggage. I did speak the manager about how I had been treated and he agreed to compensate me. He said he would call me back, but I am still waiting to hear from him. I can tell you that this was only the tip of the iceberg. This kind of treatment occured during the entire trip. I would think twice before coming to this resort!

• Stayed May 2003
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,711 reviews

Been to Couples Negril? Share your experiences!