“AOP House Band - Hottest Band on the Island!”

Alfred's Ocean Palace
Ranked #8 of 21 Nightlife in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: For tourists looking for a night out on the town, this restaurant / bar offers a genuine cultural experience, featuring the freshest seafood the Caribbean has to offer and nightly shows.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Alfred's Ocean Palace offer travelers a great place to stay, eat, drink and dance!

The guesthouse is very basic, simple and great value for $60US a night. Kind of like a hostel type setup. There is a balcony that overlooks the stage. A nice bonus where you can get some private time away from the bar crowd at night time.

Best breakfast on 7 mIle beach.
Strongest rum punch on 7 mile beach.
Live shows 3 times a week.
Excellent and friendly staff.
Close to other hotspots on 7 Mile Beach
Next door to Alton's Jerk which has the best chicken on the island in my opinion.

No A/C or hot water in the guest house rooms...but c'mon you are in Jamaica and the ocean is footsteps away!

The AOP House Band is easily one of the hottest stage bands on the islands! MC Polkadot is a serious bad DJ (inna bad means the best kinda way seen).

A warning that the nightlife and music at the AOP beach bar goes until the wee hours of the morning. If you want a quiet private beach vacation, one of the other Negril resorts may be more akin to your taste. AOP is a great place to stay however if you are looking for good nightlife as well as daytime relaxation.

Fantastic house soundsystem both for the live band and DJ music.

Can't wait to go back !!!

3  Thank ColouringBook
in 11 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 33 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Not only is this a great place for entertainment on show nights but its a popular spot to have drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinner while watching the guys play volley ball or just ppl watch while overlooking the pristine turquoise waters waiting on sunset. You cant get no better than Alfreds Ocean Palace. Kid/family friendly. For the ppl who say the crowd gets "seedy" at showtime.... its Jamaica.

1  Thank genesismom05
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a Tuesday night for dinner. They were setting up a fence that blocked the ocean view for a live reggae show at 10 pm. Awesome blended piña coladas. We had the coconut shrimp appetizer which was to die for. I had the shrimp scampi - I'd give it a 10. It was shrimp and some kind of green cabbage like veggie - no pasta. My boyfriend had the jerk chicken and it was his favorite on the island. The crowd seemed to get a little seedy as the 10 pm reggae show got closer - we did not stay for the show. Credit card machine was broken so we had to use cash.

1  Thank adelemca
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

we usally go for breakfast, which is fantastic and worth the wait. This year we tried dinner there. Why we never have in the past five year, was our loss. Dinner was great and not to expensive. I had coconut shrimp, it was wonderful. I got six shrimp and fries (I think for 13.00 ) all I can say is it was great. Someone else got grilled lobster and someone else got grilled chicken and both loved what they got. I will make sure I will eat dinner there again. Next year I'll have to try lunch there too. If you go for breakfast make sure you try the coco bread and say hello to Georgia,(best smile on the beach)

1  Thank JamaicaSueNy_