“Paradise in Negril”
Review of Blue Cave Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Cave Castle
Ranked #52 of 81 Hotels in Negril
East Hampton, New York
“Paradise in Negril”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My sister, her 28 year old daughter, boyfriends and I stayed at Blue Cave Castle in March 2014. Niece had a lower tower room #5. Perfect for her, right on the sea. We had Superior 10 & 11 with the luxury of Air conditioning. Which we did not need. Glad to conserve energy in Negril. You could lay in bed and watch the sea. or sit on open and covered porches looking out to sea.
The property is like home. Comfortable, private areas, and very secure.
Staff will accomidate any request at any time. Easy swimming right in your backyard. Shower to rinse off outside. Groceries right out your front door. Restaurant on property. They will serve you anywhere on the property you wish. Eat dinner under the stars by the sea. Or try any of the several other eating establishments just a short walk. Blue Cave Castle is located in a perfect spot. You can get to the beach very easy, as well as any other attraction. The accomidations are immaculate. Sheets, pillows and blankets are fresh and well cared for.
If you are looking for beautiful views, safety and service, mellow and accomidating staff then this is for you.

Room Tip: Ask the manager Petrona to assist you with your choice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Waterwell

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel is very charming and a little rustic. It's so full of character I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Negril!

Good Stuff
-It's a castle!
-There's a cave you can swim in!
-Everyone was super nice and chilled out - most guests we met had been coming since the 80s
-It's on the cliffs and you can just walk right in the water!
-The water is shockingly beautiful and there's decent snorkelling.
-In-house restaurant was quite good.
-Super clean
-Free wifi - it didn't reach into my room, but whatever it's a vacation.
-Good location, away from all the beach hustlers and near cool places to eat.
-Amazing views everywhere.
-Turtle pond

Not-so-good
-no tv in the room - I don't know about you, but I like checking out the local tv when I travel.
-no shampoo in the room - and it was $11 in town so that kind of sucked.
-It's not a good place for little kids - which is a plus for me, but might be a minus for you.

Best places I found to eat nearby - I'm sure there are more.
-De Bar - further into the west end - Curry Conch was the best thing I ate all week
-TJ's Restaurant - just off the strip on Ella St.
-Canoe - closer to the beach (has a little beach of it's own too)
-German Bar - beside Canoe - has good pizza.
-Chicken King - just a guy with a bbq at the side of the road - also near Canoe.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upper tower, the view was awesome and it was cheap. But if you can book the Penthou...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Unicorniverse
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We absolutely love this place! It is very clean, well kept & the staff is very friendly. The food at Teddy's restaurant is fantastic!The grounds are very relaxing and the other visitors we have met here are wonderful. We stayed here for 10 days and will be sad to leave...can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower....very nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yogajohnny
South Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my second trip to Negril and Blue Cave Castle. My first trip was in 2009 and I loved it. Nothing has changed the second time around. Wonderful staff, great location (you can walk into town if you want), and the snorkeling was fantastic. Beautiful views. I stayed in room #10 which is one of the air conditioned rooms. The air conditioner works great. I can not say enough about the family atmosphere that exists here. You may come as a stranger but you leave as a happy member of the family!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sctraveler
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Negril. The Castle, perched up on the cliffs of the West End, is the perfect getaway. The manager, Petrona makes you feel at home, the chef, Teddy is the Best. If it wasn't for the weird owner behind bars who is sort of like having your mother-in-law around, I would give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: #9, 10 and 11 are my favorites. Close to the yard and the coffee!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank a f
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here with my two teenage daughters over a year ago (sorry about the late review). The price was great, the view and water amazing. The food from the chef on site was super. The only downside was many rooms don't have air conditioning and I do like a place where it is more convienent to lounge near the water with shade. There really was a lack of shade around the outside common areas.

BUT, super cook swimming in the caves below. And there was a free shuttle that took us to a really nice cliff resort up the road. If I was doing it again I'd book a room that has air conditioning, and try out some more of the other cliff hotel restaurants and little bars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Malisa K
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Finally doing our reviews...day late and dollar short!

Positives:
Staff (love Petrona!), gardens, rooms, swim area, location, restaurant (Teddy's is AMAZING), communal coffee daily (YUM).

Negatives: No pool

All around great place with a cult following. Would stay again in a minute!

Room Tip: Not sure of what is is called, but we were in the newer (non cave) area, middle room. VERY nice!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple