New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Love it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Cave Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Cave Castle
You added Blue Cave Castle to your Saves list
Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Negril
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I will not stay anywhere else in Jamaica it is so amazing!! I cant wait to go back..Teddy is the best ever.. thank you for a great time and great memories. See you next year same time.Room 11 is my fav.. the penthouse is nice but all the stairs is too much espcially if you like to enjoy cocktails like we do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nyladyluck

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am going to be very honest on my review, which is going to be hard for me because I have a special place in my heart for Blue Cave Castle. I have visited before and had a great time and left a raving review, if you don’t believe me, check my profile. I have sent 2 friends here, family members, and my mother on high recommendation. This time I was met with ants all over my room and on the bed and when I spoke to the owner about it (Suzanne) she asked me if I wanted more bug spray????? I was astounded by the lack of concern to properly rectify this horrifying problem we experienced the entire stay. Now on to the positive.. I will also give some tips about the local area, anything else you want to know, feel free to email me.
Pros for Blue Cave Castle-

1) Free Wifi - Stronger signal outside, then outside the hotel room. I appreciate this added feature
Suggestion - Put Wifi password on the door where other emergency numbers and need to know info is located, as we had to hunt someone down for it.
2) Secured Safe - This was another feature that they have added.
Suggestion - Program safes for guests to generate their own password, as them assigning you a passcode sort of defeats the purpose.
3) Free Jamaican Coffee & Tea put out every morning for guest - I love this feature. Jamaican coffee with sweet milk - yummmmm! Refrigerators in the rooms.
4) The location -- It's a great location on the west end of Negril, if you want to get to the beach, restaurants, the circle where the shops is, it's a cab ride away
5) Teddy the chef - Teddy is great, his food was pretty good this time around, I remembered his meals being really on point the last time I visited, however this time, he did have some off nights where the food didn't live up to the last visit expectation, and it can be pricey. However Teddy is the go to person. He knows everything and everyone. He gave us a great cab driver, he knew where all the parties were, he told us how much we should be paying for things, so he definitely is the go to person at Blue Cave. Great guy and an asset to the Hotel. Although I had limited interaction with Petrona the manager, she is also a great go to person and will look up any information you need to know regarding the local area and is pleasant.

Cons-
-No microwaves, the doors and windows do not seal closed so lizards and bugs were able to enter the room, NO TELEPHONES IN ROOMS!!!-Inconvenient AND DANGEROUS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY.

Tips For The local area-
- Only get in taxi's with Red license plates, they are offical taxis, you should not pay more than $5-$7 dollars to go down to the beach from Blue cave. If you go out at night to party expect to pay closer to $10 dollars. Try to get a regular cab driver you trust and use him for the duration of your trip so you can work out the best price.
- Try Kuyaba for eating and laying out on the beach, it is a nice spot.
- The Boardwalk further down the stripe is nice, they have a live DJ on the beach, there open till 6 and also have a nice set up on the beach. They also have Wifi on the beach, so ask for the code!! Do your instagram videos!! lol
- Try sweet spice for some good food, there is also a really cheap and delicious spot next to Merrils hotel called Uprising. It looks like a little shack and has fly screens that you can barely see thru but the food was the best I had on the island and I paid like 300-400 Jamaican dollars which is like $3-$4 American dollars.

-Places to party- The locals will tell you what is going on each night because everyone goes to the same spot each night. Some parties we attended were - The Jungle (ladies night is Thursday, Sat is unlimited drinks, Margaretville (Fridays is unlimited drinks night) The after hours spot is Scrub-a-Dub, which is a strip club.

-Traveling to other parts of Jamaica - Take the Knutsford Express, don't take private cabs they will charge you hundreds. You can go to Kingston, Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and other parts of Jamaica for 20-30 dollars each way.

-Best Ways to save money-
Make sure you change at least $200 US dollars into Jamaican money because a lot of things end up being cheaper, as different people charge different exchange rates. Stop at a Cambio in Montego Bay to change Money, $98.80 was my exchange rate, its more expensive in Negril. Don't! Change your money in the airport!!! The cheapest place to buy your liquor to go back home is in the Duty Free shop in the airport coming home, the souvenir shops will rob you!!! The mini bottles of rum are like $3 dolars and I got the biggest bottle of Coco mania rum for like $10 dollars. Don't Pay more than $35 dollars for a cab ride to or from the Montego Bay Airport, private or not. NEGOTIATE EVERY PURCHASE IN JAMAICA, I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS, EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABE, AS THEY TRY TO PRICE GAUGE YOU IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THINGS COST.

-Stop at the High-lo, which is the local supermarkets in Montego Bay and pick up a few necessities for your room. We took Tuna Fish, Peanut butter and Jelly, Snacks, etc with us. Little snacks to hold you over while out and about or in your hotel save you a lot of money. We mostly bought dinners. Get your Juice, Sodas, and Red Stripes, from the hi-lo supermarket, it will save you money to do other things like tours, catamarans, watersports and other fun filled activities..

I have a good Driver if you need a referral, write me for the name and number, or any other questions. Enjoy your vaca in Negril!!!!!!

Room Tip: Check all your bedding, th window seals and other corners for Ants.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
17 Thank melabrh
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Penthouse of Blue Cave Castle during the week of July 4th. We Stayed at Zimbali Retrats in the mountain for the first half of our trip, and then Blue Cave Castle for the final three nights. We had a wonderful time and I wish we had stayed at BCC longer. Even though there was no air conditioning, the room was very cool at night and I actually had to turn off one of the fans and turn down the ceiling fan because I was too cold. I live in FL and love my AC, but the breeze was more than enough.

The views from the three balconies are amazing, especially from the very top. At night my husband and I went up to the top balcony to watch the stars and just relax. It was beautiful. My husband also woke up every morning to watch the sun rise. We spent quite a bit of time snorkeling (brought our own) in front of BCC as well as jumping from the cliff (well... my husband did, I just took pictures). One day we took a cab to the lighthouse and took the tour to the top. Lot's of fun, but a bit tall for someone who is afraid of heights. After that we walked to Rick's (5 min walk) and had a great time jumping off the cliffs and people watching. The catamarans bring people in around 4pm, so I would recommend getting there a bit earlier to get a good seat.

We ate dinner at BCC each night and Teddy's food was great. He served us at the tables overlooking the water which made the dinner perfect. We ate breakfast each morning in the same place. I would recommend Teddy's pancakes and Johnny cakes, although everything was very good. Having coffee provided each morning was very nice and for the rest of our drinks/ snacks we just walked across the street to the little store. They were very nice there and took our USD when we didn't have any JMD left (bought small things like water so they would exchange for us too). For lunch we typically explored the local restaurants. Our favorite was Three Drives and it's an easy walk from the hotel, although the road can be a bit dangerous to walk along. Another day we took a cab into town one day for about 5 dollars to explore the beach, but we actually preferred relaxing at the Castle and do didn't stay for long.

Overall we had an amazing time at Blue Cave Castle and I'd strongly recommend it to all of my friends and family. If you're looking for an all inclusive with restaurants, tours and pools this is not the place for you, but if you're looking for a great place to relax with great people (other gusts were great and so was the staff!), then this is the place to stay. We had a wonderful time and if/when we return to Jamaica, we will definitely stay at Blue Cave Castle.

Room Tip: Penthouse had a wonderful breeze that kept in cool at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn R
Bethel, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The castle is just wonderful. We have stayed there four times one being our honeymoon in the Penthouse suite. Teddys Hideaway may be the best chef/ meal that you can get in Negril- try Teddys Lobster Thermadore- trust! Cute little bars around the area, along with places to stop and get a bite to eat. The swimming is great as long as the seas are calm- otherwise you might have to cab it down to the beach for some swimming.

Give the castle a try- hope you love it as much as we do.

Room Tip: weve tryed several rooms there- just depends on what you want... A/C, on the water, outdoor shower o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdventureCalledLife
Swansea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything about the blue cave castle is amazing. Very laid back ! Teddy makes some of the best food anywhere. The views are amazing as is the castle itself. The entire staff is very nice and will help you with anything you may need. can't wait for my next trip !! Try the penthouse for a truly unique experience

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 301Mike0101
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just back from a WONDERFUL week in the Penthouse at the Blue Cave Castle. Our room had 3 private decks and a huge pebble lined shower looking out over the ocean-WOW. Everyone on the property is so kind and helpful- Susan, Petrona, the maids and security guards-treat you like family. Every morning we perched on the sea wall with a big mug of High Mountain coffee and Chef Teddy's banana rum pancakes. Chef Teddy even gave my husband some cooking lessons. There is good snorkeling in front of the castle and if you want to snorkel the reef ask Petronia to get Famous Vincent to pick you up in his glass bottom boat. The little store across the street is great for snacks and anything you forgot to bring.
One of the castle guards introduced us to a taxi driver named Garth. He is the best-very prompt and quite personable. He shuttled us to dinner each nite and took us on a day trip to Mayfield Falls. Garth made the trip to the falls the highlight of our visit. We were never rushed and he stayed with us the entire time- he even climbed the falls. On the way home he stopped at Sweet Spice so we could get fantastic coffee milkshakes, then he took my daughter back out to shop for music CD's.
Each nite we had excellent dinners at nearby restaurants. We especially loved outdoor dining at Jus Natural, 3 Dives, LTU, and the the Blue Mahoe Spa Hotel.
Blue Cave Castle is the perfect place to relax-beautiful property, nice people, great location. Treat yourself and give them a visit.

Room Tip: The private decks of the Penthouse provide expansive views up and down the cliffs. Two of the decks...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CarolPMc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

4th time to Negril and always wondered about this crazy castle looking place. We took a look after spending two weeks at Samsara and moved instantly. Private waterfront balcony beside a odd but super room in the turrent. Very good water access with !bonus! Cave to swim into. Coffee served in am on lawn beside ocean to handful of guests. Chef Teddy kicked it in the kitchen breakfast lunch and dinner for fair prices. Overall great experience and as a side note probably the safest spot should the zombie apocalypse happen

• Stayed May 2013