“What a great little hotel right on Cliffs with a great vibe, too!”
Review of Blue Cave Castle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Blue Cave Castle
Ranked #51 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Los Angeles
“What a great little hotel right on Cliffs with a great vibe, too!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I just returned from Negril, and I really loved staying at Blue Cave Castle, a fantastic little hotel where you can hear the ocean from your bedroom window.

I stayed in the Tower room, which is right up against the shore, about fifty feet above the water. It's a cozy little room with all the amenities, nothing fancy but everything worked. Ceiling fan, no AC, and when I return I will rent an AC room because I really do love it cold cold cold at night.

But still, a great value for the money, and the staff is super nice, specifically the security guys and Petrona, the manager who cut me a deal when I contacted her directly.

I loved floating on the ocean, and you can paddle to a little cave right in front of the hotel, and it's cool cause it goes like 100 feet in under the rocks. It's nice and clean and really organic.

All the guests were SO nice. Just really down to earth. And the food is good, too.

Room Tip: Keep in mind you have to climb some stairs, but I got used to it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank gerry123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Iowa
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband has found the most beautiful place for us to stay when we had a horrible experience at Alfreds Ocean Palace. This castle was the most beautiful thing I have laid my eyes on since my first trip to Jamaica.

This was our first trip to Negril. We often stay in Ocho Rios and it was a vacation within a vacation. I was hesitant at first because I had heard that Negril was a huge tourist area. Once we arrived we checked into Alfreds and stayed the evening. Once we woke up I was no longer happy staying at Alfred's and had to leave immediately. My husband had a backup plan thankfully and called the Blue Cave Castle. The owner answered the phone and allowed us to enter the hotel before 8AM which is unheard of. The owner allowed us to get into our room before even worrying about checking-in.

The castle blew my thoughts of Negril away. It was the most relaxed, beautiful, amazing thing I have ever seen. With the owner's hospitality i was in heaven. I was able to relax immediately. There was always coffee, tea and juice available to the guests 24 hours a day. Food was also serverd in this location. There was never a need to leave but of course if you wanted to the gate was opened anytime you wanted to go.

The castle was to die for and I never wanted to leave. Please let me know if you have any additional questions about the castle because i can remember all the details like it was yesterday.

Also, remember one thing, if you stay on the beach you cannot visit the cliffs very easily. However, if you stay on the cliffs you can visit the beach for free everyday!

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel is worth staying in.
6 Thank PrincessKutsch
Iowa
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Becasue we are too young to be kings and queens. The grounds are amazing, the views are gorgeous, and the hospitality is one of a kind. The castle is one of the most unique and welcoming places I have been to in a long time. The owner Susan is still on the property and a great lady to sit and chat with. The staff is more than helpful, and very nice group of people. This will be our new homw base whenever we are in Negril. The caves and the swimming is great. Where else can you walk into a cave and slip into the ocean with views like this!!!!! I could write all day about the place but you just have to see for yourself. Check it out and check in to the Blue Cave Castle!!!!!!!

4 Thank DjWreckd
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was skeptical about trying BCC so it took me about 4 days of contemplating whether or not I should. After emailing Petrona I felt comfortable in my decision with her prompt response/follow-up and kindness. I was greeted at the gate by Santa (seems to be a jack of all trades/inn-keeper - security, concierge, etc) and we were wisked away IMMEDIATELY to our beautiful room in the castle. What a great concept...no "check-in" after a long travel day...I wish all hotels would adopt this! Ok, here's a narrative of BCC:

Property/Grounds-beautiful, quiet, feels like a private home

Room (deluxe 2)- had 3 beds (2 twins / queen), great large shower, directly next to entry to steps to ocean. Note: there is no a/c, no tv (we didn't need these), no iron, no phone. We needed a hair dryer and Santa delivered a loaner to my room immediately!

Restaurant - Teddy's - heard it was good but didn't get to try....I had jerk from Ozzies nearby and it was the best!

Security - Top notch! The guys treated us (2 single ladies) as if we were their sisters....was very protective of us.

Ocean - suggest you go snorkeling early am (prior to 11am) and late afternoon (after 4pm) when the water isn't choppy/rough...beautiful in the cave (minus the bats sleeping lol), cliff jumping was fun to watch (i'm too chicken)

Overall, perfect visit with perfect customer service/attention.

P.s....I never "checked-in"......I paid and checked out on my last day. Kudos to BCC!

Room Tip: choose a room based on your needs...i.e size, a/c, location
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lover4Travel
Reviewed March 23, 2012

If you want to spend a relaxing holiday on the cliffs of Negril, this is the place to be. If your idea of a vacation is being waited on hand and foot at an all inclusive with plenty of planned activities, a marble bathroom and starched linens this is not the place for you. Blue Cave is the perfect spot for relaxed travelers who enjoy taking in the physical majesty of cliffside Negril, reading, snorkeling, and relaxing and absolutely not for those folks who want a highly scheduled and programmed trip. If you just want to enjoy some downtime in a beautiful, clean, friendly spot with excellent service, this is the place for you. If your tastes turn more to the all inclusive or you are a demanding a-hole, please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank Stellanator
Michigan
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is clearly not for everyone, but it's a great find for a certain kind of traveler. It's quirky but clean, modest but lovely, offbeat but friendly. If I ever go back to Negril, I might stay here again, but not in the upper tower room. While the night sea breeze through open windows was nothing short of heavenly, I was awakened a couple of nights by small biting critters that took advantage of the open air. The owner offered to put up a mosquito net after the first night, but I declined and applied Off! at bedtime. When I forgot, the critters attacked again. Still, I don't regret my stay here... definitely a unique experience... with lots of fun friendly people.

Room Tip: If you want TV and AC, make sure you choose accordingly. If you want to feel like Rapunzel without s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Savvy525
Wyandotte, Michigan
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If i ever make it back to Jamaica i will stay here again. Everything about this place is wonderful. The Staff the rooms the value and The food, Teddy hats off to you and Stacy.