Lowest prices for your stay
$45
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$40
Hotels.com
$40
Priceline$50
eDreams$45
FindHotel$40
All reviews the cliff outdoor shower west end omar cottage dives ac jamaica bartender security rum ricks
Selected filters
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This review is based only on the Xtabi as a swimming location. Wonderful and beautiful for the experienced swimmer ONLY. Three different area the check out, two platforms and a cave entry, WoW. The beer is pricey just FYI and open from 8am - 11pm to non-hotel guest.....enjoy.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank EsintialD
David P, Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hello my friends,
We are very grateful that you have taken the time to post such a nice review. We are very happy we were able to fulfill your holiday days with pleasure.
My staff and I hope that we may have you as guest again some day. thanks for making it XTABI

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I visit Negril annually as an independent traveller. I usually go for small basic properties but was travelling with my son and his partner so went for Xtabi.
Set out on both sides of the road with chalets/rooms/gardens and the swimming pool on one side and bar/restaurant/sun decks on the other. This is not an issue as it takes seconds to get to the sea side. The chalets all have private seating/loungers outside and are set out simply but nice and in an authentic Jamaican style. There is a small car park and I did notice that a security guard was on site late at night.
Once over by the sea there are plenty of loungers and a shower. A restaurant with stunning sea view and a fantastic circular bar. Although there is no beach on this stretch of the coast as the resort is set on the cliffs there are several rocky platforms with ladders to the sea and for the adventurous diving platforms. I found these to be far better than the beach as you can really swim in the crystal clear water. Along the cliffs and running under the hotel are caves which are fun to cool off in.
The staff at Xtabi are fantastic. Polite, efficient and nothing is too much trouble.
A couple of supermarkets, craft stalls and restaurants in close proximity and not far from Ricks Cafe and the Lighthouse.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Xtabi

Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank mumzel

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The most important thing to mention here is the excellent people who work here. The staff is so nice. In particular, Abby, Kevin, Omar, Laconia, Kimberly, George, and the cleaning maids made the stay so much fun. The views from the cliffs are incredible. Some of the best restaurants I've ever been to are nearby. So is a convenience store. I suggest talk with everybody at the resort - guests, staff, and visitors - you never know what might germinate from a simple hello. Everything is laid back and perfect for relaxation. Only complaint is the prices of the food/drinks at the restaurant - very pricey compared to some of the local places nearby. I hope the staff makes fare wages because they deserve such in my opinion.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 413Steve_SSSS

Reviewed May 10, 2014

If you can find a safe, reasonably clean, ocean front hotel in the Caribbean for $65 (USD) per night, please respond to this review and let me know. That $65 price at Xtabi includes A/C and TV with a balcony or porch looking into the flowery-green, bird-filled courtyard. Rock-bottom cheapest room? $50/night! We were there for the last week of April, 2014.
This is not just a hotel. It’s a scene. Drawn to this place and most happy here are unpretentious, cash conscious travelers who have a good sense of adventure. Like a ski or scuba lodge. Each day, people who just met go out to snorkel or swim. Also, nearly every night the bar is rocking with people who don’t even know each other well, dancing around and carrying on like wild.
The snorkeling here is quite good. Morning is best for clear water and small or no swells. The rock and cliff jumping and diving is awesome! The caves on the property are facinating and fun. The steps in one of the caves leads down to a small, sandy beach area, right in the mouth of the cave. Great for a secret skinny dip.
The restaurant has good food and is reasonably priced. Three Dives grill, right next door, offers heaping portions of freshly grilled chicken, shrimp or lobster with veggies and rice, starting at 12 bucks.
The Xtabi staff is friendly and very helpful. Hello goes out to the Omars, Kevin, George, Donna Bella, Kimberly and Little Abbey. Can’t forget Damien, Devon, Michael, Sharon and of course, Boss Man Dave.
Here’s the secret to getting what you want in Jamaica: tip, tip, tip your hotel and restaurant staff. When you change your money to Jamaican dollars, get lots and lots of singles (100 JD) and some fives (500 JD). Tip for nearly everything someone does for you, just not too much at one time. It makes an amazing difference in service. Jamaicans are charming, intelligent and intuitive people. They know what kind of tourist you are and if you act grumpy and bossy they will drop you like a hot potato. You will see the "ugly" side of Jamaicans and quickly. They will not be intimidated or bullied. The madder you get, the less they want to help you. The other secret is: Chill out. If you’re the kind of traveler who wants everything “just right - and right now”, this is not the place for you. Most of Jamaica is not for you.
Xtabi makes it possible for people to afford travel to the tropics – a beautiful setting with adequate amenities at an excellent price. A special place and an outstanding value for those who can truly tolerate and enjoy the tropics. Mr. Churchill

Room tip: Top floor rooms 11 thru 15 on the garden side are great. Staying right on the cliff? Book airconditoned cottage.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank JamaicaDood

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Xtabi is a nice hotel on the cliffs of Negril. Gardenside rooms are across the street from the ocean and are cheaper than the rooms on the water. You don't hear any noise from the road and are a great value!! The rooms on the water are cottages and offer awesome views of the ocean! The restaurant has a great variety of food and drinks. Great snorkeling at this hotel!!!

Date of stay: December 2013