“It only gets better!”

Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Cleveland, Ohio
“It only gets better!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have traveled all over the world and this by far is our favorite place to visit. Whenever we come back we are welcomed like friends.

The grounds are beautiful, the ocean front rooms are perfectly simple, VERY clean, and have breathtaking views.

The restaurant during the day is laid back and fun and at night is a perfect place for a romantic dinner. Hint - just ask George what to order and you won't go wrong; Winston is still the man!

Thanks again to Omar, Omar, George, Michael, Dwight, Tamme, Kingsley and all the rest! See you soon!

One Love

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fat_passport_11
David P, Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hey fat_passport_11
Nice to hear from you again, and is good to know your still a fan.
Yes it is a shame about Donavon, but when the worker dose not remember who is who it is that time.... He does stop by to visit some of you veterans from time to time.... if he knows your here.
you take care now

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

+: on the cliffs, fantastic views, sunsets, access to snorkeling right outside the hotel, cliff jumping, turquoise blue water, decent restaurant/bar, caves under the bar, beautiful garden, pool, friendly staff, quiet, plenty of restaurants in walking distance

~: rooms simple/nothing fancy

-: front desk staff weren't helpful about excursions, prices of cabs etc., road outside walk-able but have to watch out for fast moving cars, no sidewalk, not a whole lot to do outside the beach/cliffs in Negril

We were glad we stayed here versus on 7 mile beach. We took a $10 cab down there and were rather bored within a few hours. It was pretty but packed with restaurants/hotels/beach chairs and people wanting to sell you stuff. Walked the beach and decided to come back to Xtabi where there was peace and quiet and we didn't have to get heckled or worry about our stuff being stolen.

I really enjoyed the view from the cliffs and the access to the water. Bring your own snorkel. There was a mix of calm days and wavy days. Could be difficult to get out of the water/up the ladder if the seas were rough but I had no trouble. When calm, the water was fantastic and the snorkeling excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tklost
David P, Public Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
thanks for your report, I will talk to the girls about being a bit more helpful. I find them quite good most of the time.... Oh well I guess we all have our days..
Thanks again hope to see you again. Byee
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent the holiday season at Xtabi and I am glad I did. I travel to Negril often, usually staying on the beach. Thought I would change it up and Xtabi didnt disappoint. The room was gardenside, great private balcony, clean, wonderful A/C and my housekeeper Sharon was the best. A short stroll across the street and spend the day swimming, snorkelling, and diving in one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Room Tip: I would definately prefer having a second floor room as you get a bit of a view and a little more pr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Orchidlovesnegril
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello & Thanks
I am happy your happy, and I do agree the CLIFFS are nicer that the beach. at least a great change from time to time. Some cliffs and some beach... Good life...
Keep it up we know you deserver it...
one love
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family (mother, sister, brother, nephew and brother's girlfriend) stayed at Xtabi for two days at the end of December. We had the two bedroom suite and it was really nice. For the price it was well worth it. The staff was very nice over all.
We did have some plumbing issues for a day, which lead to not having water for a little bit but it was resolved easily.

The only issue that was a little out of the ordinary was a fight between a couple (not sure exactly who is was but we have a pretty good idea who it could have been) it was apparent that things were being broken and people were being hit. I am sure this is not an everyday occurrence, but it did put a bit of a damper on our vacation. I am very much against domestic violence and that was not a good atmosphere to be in at that time of the night.

Other than that the place is nice. Would I stay there again... most likely... minus the domestic violence situation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jetucker85
David P, General Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello There,
Oh yes I hear you, I am glad to say it is unordinary.. thankfully. I did have to go and intervene into this domestic afire, very uncomfortable for me but it is part of my job.... and to think the guy on tv thinks he has dangerous job??????!!!!! I think this could match believe me.
All in all it did end in me finding a different room for the woman, and her leaving the next day...
afire in Patios... an affaire gone bad......
have a good day, thank for making it Xtabi
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Spent 5 days in this glorious location on the cliffs. Stunning views and terrific swimming/snorkelling etc. The food was great and reasonable. George very good waiter. However there were some strong negatives. Our cottage #1 was quite dirty upon arrival. Looked neat but clearly no major clean in very long time. Floors filthy. Slats for windows filthy. The staircase to the loft bedroom is at 90 degrees. Don't rent unless you can safely get up and down. Lots of beautiful sunshine from deck but ZERO shade. There was a kitchenette advertised but no real cooking tools. No coffee pot or tea towels or even dish cloth. Very odd. The ocean waves are not gently lapping waves they are thunderous and crashing so be prepared. Very little security. My husbands new phone was stolen right off our counter. Foolish he realized to leave there but we were gone very short time and disappeared!! Thank god everything else was locked up. Front desk staff were not Too receptive or concerned. Sounded like not out of the ordinary. Very disappointing response we thought. We were very excited to experience xtabi but we won't be returning. We have found the Rockhouse which has been UNBELIEVABLE in every way. They have been so warm and welcoming and take security extremely seriously. Will write my review for them when back. Sad to have to report this on xtabi. They need to refurbish a bit and definitely clean up the cottages etc. They could show some real enthusiasm for their guests and their property. A surprising, sad experience indeed.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Pammysue1
Hello From Ja.,
I am very sorry to hear that your visit was less than great. I have read your report and done my home work on what I could do here for me to understand what went wrong? Cottage 1 is the oldest cottage on the property, and the most desired, it is unique, yes the stairs are almost vertical, like a boat... and the house is all wood, and kinda hangs over the cliffs. Now this is why there is no shade on the west side of the cottage, and why when the sea is ruff the waves will crash on the rocks below the cottage. I do remember that there was a high wind, and the trees behind and to the side will have dust from the high winds. And we all know what the gentle sea can become some times!! from gently lapping waves to thunderous and crashing yes, and magnificent to watch.... but not the best to sleep on top of I agree. I know the USA and this side of the world has had some of the worst winter in years, what we got here was just some clouds and little rain and some big waves, and lots of wind. Thank you mother nature for being kind to us herein Jamaica weather wise.
Now for the parts I can control, I am truly sorry for the dirty floors, window slats and poorly equipped kitchenette. I wished you would have asked for me so I could have dealt with it. I have asked why the front desk person did not call me to address this issue. Her response was there was never any report made to the need of goods in the room, or it not being clean. We would have given you any thing you felt you needed in the kitchenette, or the room, we do keep it basic I do agree.
Any way when I looked into the report book I saw on 8 Jan, Sam & Jan reported that they left there phone in the cottage charging, and when u went back looking for the phone you could not find it. The receptionist was asked to ask the house keeper if she had seen a phone, so asking the house keeper if she had seen the phone in the room, the answerer was no. The report said that she the receptionist felt that you were unsure what you did with your phone, and on your return to the office to hear the house keepers answerer you advised her you had locked off the phone. We are very sorry this phone became missing here, and if possibility it is found we would appreciate an up date. If you ever get back to Negril please stop by and chat to me, or write me at xtabiresort@cwjamaica.com I would take the time to work some more on this with you .
Thanks, Dave Preble
Vermont
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spent a wonderful 10 days at Xtabi at the end of November, and I will definitely be back in the very near future. (I apologize for my late review, but I ended up having an unplanned surgery right after returning from vacation!) After 25 visits to Negril, this was my first on the west end and I am so happy that I made the decision to stay at Xtabi. I had a superior, gardenside room, with A/C and TV. The room was spacious and had a lovely balcony. Since I was traveling by myself, I really felt that I did not need my own cottage. I viewed several of the various accomadations and found them all to be very accomodating and pleasant. I would stay in any of them without any reservation, and be very happy. They are nacely decorated and very clean. Housekeeping staff are lovely and do a great job! My room was always meticulously clean and ready with fresh towels. The bathroom was also spacious and had a great shower with excellent water pressure. I have stayed in many hotels in this category and feel that Xtabi gives you excellent service and accomodations for the price. The staff were all wonderful on both sides of the road! I enjoyed day after day of great meals and drinks at the bar. I had a large variety of the many dishes and enjoyed every meal that I ordered. The prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity of food that is served. I especially enjoyed the grilled lobster and the grilled chicken.The service was always superior. The view is tremendous and so relaxing. I also appreciated that the bar carries great wine as well as other topshelf liquor, but please try the local rum cream! It's a real treat.
In conclusion, you definitely get more than what you pay for at Xtabi! This reasonably priced resort is perfect for those of you that want to relax away from the all inclusive resorts that often herd you into activities and dining. All of your basic needs will be met at a fraction of the cost, and the service is just phenominal! they clearly care about their customer service and it shows! Great job to all...you made my vacation just wonderful. Thank you so much and see you again soon!

Room Tip: There are many interesting room accomodations including small cottages, hotel type rooms, and cottag...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank celebrity1Vermont
Wow, we are very glad to hear that all went well with your procedure and your doing well.
Thanks for the great report. And we are thank full you made it Xtabi.
Byee for now and rest up .....Jamaica is waiting for you.
Xtabi Crew
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We (family of four, kids ages 10 and 12) stayed in Bloody Bay, but spent the day swimming, snorkeling, jumping off the cliffs and eating at Xtabi. What a GREAT day! The staff was so nice and the restaurant was delicious. The location is beautiful!! The whole experience was so relaxed and jumping off the cliffs so fun.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MominBoulder
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your post its always great to hear back from guests and family's
just passing by or staying who want to enjoy a relaxing day at Xtabi and get there feedback
So we can continue to move forward and improve.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!