“ATI Weekend Hotel”
Review of Xtabi Resort

Xtabi Resort
Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have always loved visiting this hotel for their caves, but I had never stayed there as a guest. I went to Jamaica for ATI Weekend and stayed at XTabi. I must say I enjoyed my stay very much. The only thing bad I would say is that I could have used more towels and wash cloths. Other than that the staff was great. The food at the hotel's restaurant was delicious. I had a freshly caught lobster for dinner one night, and had breakfast every morning. The prices are decent and the view of the ocean is spectacular. Definitely a must-go, you'll enjoy it.

Room Tip: get a room with a good ceiling fan or AC
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nichole N

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Superb location in Negril's West End, on the cliff tops. Perfect if you like jumping off the rocks into the sea! Snorkeling around the coast line right form the hotel is excellent. Lots of caves and fish to explore. The room I booked was not one of their best, basic and adequate does the job for sleeping, since you spend as little time as possible in doors. The food and staff were very pleasant and willing to help and the owner is a lovely laid back guy who you'll no doubt meet when you book in or relax at the bar. Xtabi is close to many other great places to stay and a fantastic restaurant just walking distance away - the name of which I can't remember, but you're more than likely to discover, strolling around. A very short drive 'around the corner' is the famous Rick's Cafe. I'm looking forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Micksy
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I heard about Xtabi from a close friend of ours so on both our second and third trips to Jamaica this year (long weekends) were spent at Xtabi. Our first trip we stayed in cliffside cottage #4 over Memorial Day Weekend with views that just don't get better. It was hot during the day so we jumped off the cliff's often. Nighttime was also warm but the wonderful staff brought us a second fan which made the nights much more comfortable. Our second trip we stayed in the a/c room #14 at the beginning of July. While the bed was not as comfortable and the room smaller than the cliffside cottages, it was just what we needed for a relaxing weekend away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando and it's tourists. It was a bit warmer and it we both needed the a/c.

The staff are wonderful and if you need anything at all, they will do their best to accommodate you. One of our trip's was during my husband's birthday and George at the restaurant had them make a cake and sang happy birthday to him. After we left, the groundsman Michael called us to let us know that we left our Bose speakers behind. We didn't even notice that we had forgotten it!

Room Tip: Cliffside cottage #1 and #4 look to be the closest to the cliffs and we were told by staff that the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeanine l
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is good. It is about an hour drive from the airport in Montego Bay. We had a friendly driver and the scenery was amazing. The view from the cliffs at the hotel was gorgeous and there are caves you can go down into at your own risk....worth it! The food was great and fresh, service was good too. Rooms are nice, nothing luxurious but comfy. There was a crab on our ceiling but we found him to be charming :) It is very quiet and serene there. This is what we were looking for. We didn't want a resort feel like a Sandals. We went to 7 mile beach which was gorgeous, we went snorkeling on a private tour set up by a worker at the hotel and to the duty free shops. It was so relaxing. The only complaint is that you have to be driven or drive to attractions because it is a bit remote. Gas is expensive there so be prepared to pay. We brought several hundreds in spending money so it was fine. We didn't use the pool but it was nice looking. Great stay!

Room Tip: Try the local restaurants that are cooking fresh made to order food.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawna d
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent a week at Xtabi and found it to be nice. A/C in the summer is a must for us, so we were across from the sea. While I prefer seaside, it was ok for us this time since we have been to Negril many times and have been seaside before. The pool was very close and super clean..I saw them check the chemicals and add stuff at least three times. We had a couple of friends come swim with us at the pool and the hotel was gracious to permit this with no problem. :) Restaurant was closed on Sunday and Monday while we were there but the meals we ate there were good...breakfast and dinners. Beautiful views, cool caves, location okay to walk short distances to eat or shop. Otherwise, you need a car or will want to take route taxis.**We paid $4.00US extra per day for a fridge,totally worth it. Would have loved a coffee maker in the room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at Xtabi for 10 years. When we were on a budget we rented the standard rooms and we loved them. Not the a/c ones but the smaller hut type rooms on the garden side. Pool was small but clean and quiet. Not many kids usually. Now we rent the cottages on the cliff side. The cottages are VERY private and you can't beat the view. We now reserve our room for the next year before we leave. The staff is so friendly and helpful. We even had "room service" one time though they don't offer it. Just ask and they will do it if possible! The rooms are clean though not the "high-end" if that's what your looking for. Us? We want to be left alone when we're at our room and not have people sitting on a balcony or patio right in view. The food is fantastic! Fresh seafood everyday and the Jamaican breakfast is something I can't get enough of. The only thing I'd change would be to make the pool a bit larger.

Room Tip: If you can sleep with the ocean waves beating into the caves any of the cliff side cottages are awes...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sweets4u
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed there for a week. Me and the wife stayed in room 20. The pool was 30 paces from the room and well maintained. There is a mango tree producing and I think I ate 3 per day. It is low season so things r quiet. It is a well maintained property and the staff is nice. The restaurant is also nice and the service is good. Real good coffee

• Stayed: June 2012