“Love the Rockhouse”
Review of Rockhouse Hotel

Rockhouse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Negril

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 29, 2004

I have not the time nor the heart to go through the unbelievable details of our unforgettable stay from July 1 -8 2004. Staff, food, ambience = AMAZING! It is so truly unique - more like Capri or a mediterranean island get-away but with caribbean soul! We became friendly with the owners and managers whom live on premises (lucky them!). We contemplate being married there even!- forget Negril - forget Jamaica - go to the Rockhouse for all you need and don't leave if you're smart! Rustic, unique, romantic, hip, ...perfect.

2 Thank mgnhcktt
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 27, 2004

We went to the Rock House for a 3 night vacation, fri-mon.. We had a standard room.. Nice enough, but we are not picky by any means.. We enjoy each others company and a room is a place to sleep.. The grounds were amazing.. Built into the cliffs of the west end.. The Caribbean Sea lapping at the cliffs is extremely relaxing.. The pool is perfect.. Situated so that it's not even a foot away from cliffs edge.. The staff is wonderful.. All very friendly.. Dennis, Kamar, Antione, and so many more, are wonderful people to meet and talk with.. Not people to just see as your waitstaff.. People that are worth meeting and learning from and laughing with.. The decor is simple but yet very appropriate.. The colors are a perfect accompaniment.. There is still alot of work going on by the old pickled parrot, new villa's.. But it didn't disturb us, we didn't hear them at all.. The open air restaurant overlooking the water was wonderful. Red Stripe Snapper, the seafood platter, lobster thermadore, lobster fussilli and dennis's jerk chicken (if you are lucky enough to have him to make you a batch) are not to be missed.. The food is fresh with choice ingredients.. You cannot go wrong at the Rock House.. The vibe is wonderful on that end as well.. We have never been so relaxed.. We were happy to give our compliments to one of the owners.. On our first night there my Love proposed to me.. I ecstatically said yes.. We will be going back to the Rock House for our wedding next year!!!! I cannot wait!!!

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank BostonMel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2004

In a hotel room overlooking the cliffs with miles of blue, blue ocean in front of me, I found paradise...The Rockhouse Hotel in Negril.There was no need for me to ever leave the hotel, and I didn't for 2 weeks.
My days were spent happily between morning yoga... breakfast at the restaurant...sunning, lunching, and swimming at/in the salt water pool... sundown cocktails at the pool bar...and delicious dinners at the hotel restaurant...From the comfortable simple rustic rooms (which were always so clean no matter the disarray I left my room every morning) to the service, there is not one complaint I can think of. The service at the hotel was always gracious and accomadating and started from moment I was picked up by Kenny Tours (arranged for me by the hotel) at the airport in Mo Bay and continued till the end of my trip when Kenny Tours dropped me off at the airport.If you want paradise, go to the Rockhouse.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2004

Just returned from a 5 day trip to Negril... stayed at the Rock House and LOVED it! It was the perfect place for a quiet, tranquil getaway.
We went back and forth about whether to stay on the cliffs or on the beach but finally opted for the cliffs... and were soooo glad we did!
If you stay on the cliffs, you can always go to the beach, but you can't really chill on the cliffs unless you are having a meal at one of the restaurants or at RIcks cafe or something. Plus, its way too "Girls Gone Wild" on the beach- lots of collegiate antics and hijinks and the constant harrassment gets old fast. It was nice to be able to swim, read and relax in peace at the Rockhouse. The room was clean and comfortable (we stayed in one of the "studios")... the location secluded yet safe, and the staff amazing! Everyone was helpful and kind- but most of all, sincere. Say hi to Nicolette, Nike, Bally, Shane and Tony for us! They always gave us the lowdown on local food spots and the best tour operators (gotta go with Famous Vincent's Boat!) and treated us like old friends. Also- the restaurant truly is one of the best in Negril- you have to eat the curried shrimp in a papaya. I am the type to want to try new places when I travel, but I had such a great time at the Rockhouse that it will be very difficult to stay anywhere else when I return to Negril!

• Stayed March 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
The Caves
The Caves
#6 of 81 in Negril

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!