Rockhouse Hotel
$270
$162
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$179
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$123
$58
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$182
$160
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$153
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$148
$125
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$66
$180
$175
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$109
$58
  • Pool
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
1,163 results
All reviewspremium villaoutdoor showerkenny tourspush cartrock housestudio roompool barpushcart restaurantthe cliffgarden villaregular villafamous vincentcoconut chickenwater accesson the rocksmosquito netmain restaurant
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our third visit to Jamaica and by far the best. My wife and I stayed July 28th-August 4th at The Rockhouse and it was spectacular! We stayed in a standard room the first 3 nights and Villa #10 the last 4 nights. Both rooms were great, Villa #10 was off the charts though (Definitely the best room/view/privacy)!! The entire staff was very friendly and we felt like family by the time we departed. We spent most day's at the pool and the pool bar staff was amazing. At night we went to 3 dives, LTU, and our go-to place was Eddies De Bar. Eddie has excellent food and the vibe there is even better. Make sure you get out and enjoy the West End neighborhood!!

Room Tip: Standard room was fine if your on a budget, if not you can't beat Villa 10
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luke1392
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Jamaica is an eclectic mix of every type of tourist thrown into a melting pot of local culture and various attempts at manufactured nirvana. Rockhouse pulls off the authentic feel for the discerning visitor. There is also comfort in knowing you are contributing in part to the community. You are close enough to the tourist activities, should you choose to participate, but far enough away to soak up the atmosphere and lose yourself for a while. The ambiance is stunning, and the service is excellent. What a great location to unwind, be creative or just simply relax!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 12, and it was marvelous for myself and two of my daughters. Some villas have ladders directly into the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Abbe L
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is one of my favorite boutique hotels in Jamaica, the location is truly amazing. From start to finish it appeals to all the senses sight sound taste and touch. The thatched roofed villas are lovely with furniture that oozes caribbean chic, four poster beds with mosquito netting, a nicely stocked mini bar, and private outdoor showers, a favorite of mine ;-) I even love the little starfish oils soaps n toiletries that they stock the room with. Almost Anywhere you go on the compound you see and hear the sounds of the ocean (except for the spa) which is a quiet zone naturally. The spa and products are great as well, I did a brown sugar and coffee body scrub and massage, and bought a couple of the massage oils to take home with me. Dining at the push cart restaurant is a pleasure, good food, good drinks and really good service. The overall experience was very enjoyable and the staff are very warm and helpful. I stayed here with a group of friends,and separately visited the spa and dined as part of a couple. I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay or visit .

Room Tip: Any of the villas as they are all near the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marsha-Gaye G
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Rockhouse is truly a special place, we will forever remember our weekend here. Upon arrival we learned that the studios we had booked we being renovated and that we had be upgraded to villas! This was such a boost to our stay, the views from the villas are stunning. The villas themselves are really not that fancy but they have a nice rustic charm. The view is the selling poing at this resort. It is a very unusual thing to be able to snorkel whenever you want right out in front of your room, there is no need to go on a boat with a ton of other people.

The resort feels like you are the only ones staying there, we saw a few other people here and there but it is a very, quiet peaceful place. I really appreciated that they don't gouge you on the little details, the snorkel equipment was only $6 a day to rent, the mini bar prices were very fair, the food prices were extremely reasonable.

The rockhouse uses Kennys Tours for all of your transportation needs. I highly suggest using them, we only used an outside cab once and it was a little frightening, the "cab" was falling apart, the seats had stuffing coming out of them and the driver spent more time on the right side of the road than the left. Kennys cabs are pristine and new, every driver was very courteous.

The restaurants , we only ate at Rockhouse and Pushcart. Pushcart is a fun atmosphere but we didn't really care for our meal there. Rockhouse has decent food for reasonable prices with a great view.

Suggestions if you are staying at Rockhouse :
There are three other restaurants within walking distance - Pressleys which is right across and a little to the right of Pushcart, 3 dives which is a few min. walk to the left of Pushcart and Debar which is to the right of the hotel. We did not eat at any of these but they all have excellent reviews.
Go to Seven Mile Beach - We had Kennys Tours drop us off at idle Awhile and they were so accomodating and friendly. They set us up some chairs on the beach and had excellent drinks and very nice servers. There are lots of characters on this beach, definately good people watching ! water sports, vendors and tons of restaurants and bars make for a really fun day.

Ricks Cafe - this was a really fun place to go!

Our best meal was at Ivans Bar, a short walk from Ricks.

Bottom line - I loved the Rockhouse and Negril!

Room Tip: Room 19 had a loft and a bathroom with a door. The outdoor shower was a little sunken and had an overhang so you didn't feel as exposed. Room 18 had a fantastic view , bathroom was open - no door just a wall. The shower in 18 feels a little exposed to the rest of the world. Probably not a good villa for you if you are modest, but boy what a fantastic view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank sidney7474
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Rockhouse is a wonderful place to stay as a couple/friends getaway or family. It is absolutely beautiful. The hotel seems to be woven into the rock and water. The best vistas ever!!!

The rates at the Rockhouse are second to none. Comparable hotels are double or triple the rates. The prices at the restaurants are great also. Don't miss the Jamaican breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.

The rooms are smaller than what I am accustomed to but it was fine. We did not spend too much time in the room. Our room had an outdoor shower which was very cool.

The reason I was compelled to write this review is the service. I was visiting my father in Jamaica and we went to Rockhouse to spend a few days in Negril. When I returned to my father's house in Trelawny I realized that I left a bag in the hotel room (this was hours later). I called the Rockhouse and the person who answered the phone was aware of the items that were left behind. I was departing Jamaica the following day. She told me she would call me back. She called back with half hour and told me of the arrangements she made to have my items "pony expressed" to Montego Bay where I could retrieve them. I have traveled extensively all over the world over the past 30 years. I have NEVER seen customer service like this. When I have forgotten items in the hotel they were always "forgotten". Rockhouse gets five stars from me.I will definitely be back and will sing their praises to anyone who will listen and even those that won't.

Room Tip: I would chose any of the Villa's from 1-8. They have the best views!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends