Rockhouse Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,148 results
All reviewspremium villaoutdoor showerkenny tourspush cartrock housestudio roompool barpushcart restaurantthe cliffgarden villaregular villawater accessfamous vincentcoconut chickenmosquito netmain restaurantsnorkel gear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2012

After writing reviews for our most recent trip to Negril, where we could not stay at The Rockhouse because it was fully booked, I realized I never reviewed The Rockhouse itself. I've stayed there 3 times, 2003, 2004 and 2010, first in a regular room, then in an ocean villa plus a few nights in a premium villa last time. It's changed quite a bit over the years, it's much bigger, more resort-like, and much harder to book a whole week (probably due to weddings)? But it is hands down my favorite place to stay.

The food options are great, the rooms are not "luxury" but the beds are comfortable and have nice linens, the outdoor showers are super fun, love the little sunning spots strung along the cliff and the pool is gorgeous.

The only possible negatives? More attitude from the staff here than other places, probably because they get so much press. The crowd is hipper and younger than the other places we've stayed at. I wouldn't call it cozy but it's gorgeous and sexy as hell. I'd like to try The Caves next trip but will always be sure to include some nights at The Rockhouse too.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lalabbott
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Rockhouse is a beautiful hotel on Negril Cliffs. We spent 2 nights there and had a nice studio that was clean and comfortable. We ate at the Rockhouse restaurant and also at the Push Cart restaurant and the food at both places was good. The views at both places are very scenic. The hotel is very nice for those who want a quiet place to relax. The pool is right over the cliff and unfortunately they had to close it during our stay because of the waves crashing it. However, they arranged for us to use the one at Moon Dance (another beautiful property on the cliff) and we had a lovely day there.

Room Tip: Book early as it's a challenge to get a room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrTNG
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had three rooms at the Rockhouse for my 60th birthday. The Studio we stayed in really needed work, the pool was in pretty bad condition but overall this is a great place to stay. The hotel manager emailed me recently to say that our room would have expedited maintenance (which is good for the next guests in #25) and to apologize again for a service error. The most important comment I can make about Rockhouse is that I think the food is very good and the food and beverage prices are very fair. We have all been to the resort where a couple of days in we dread getting ripped off again for another overpriced meal or drink. At Rockhouse this will not happen. Standard rooms are actually a tiny bit bigger than the studios, at least in the lower building. All of the rooms had nice views and were comfortable. In the end, if the hotel perfoms the maintenance on the pool (which I'm sure they will) and the rooms it will continue to be a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We travel in the Caribbean frequently. The studio and standard rooms are perfectly fine and far less expensive than the villas. If you want to spend more time in the room and demand privacy then the villas are probably worht it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jdr1210
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Set on some low cliffs just to the north of Negril, the setting is exactly what one imagines paradise to be. Our room was on a cliff with its own private patio overlooking the sea. A few steps down the ladder and we were swimming!

Friendly staff (most of whom seem to have been with the hotel for 5+ years) – this is very unusual for Jamaica where service is at best curt.

Spa is of 5* US hotel quality. The massage outside in the cabana over the sea is the ultimate treat: While you are expertly massaged you hear the waves lapping the rocks below, instead of the repetitive “bird tweeting/fake waterfall” tapes that most spas use.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mikechf
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was there with my husband and on our 2nd day there on my way to the pool (1st official day of vacation) a man attacked me, grabbed pushed me, and continued yelling at me. I was yelling help and looked around and saw that the staff just watched and no one came to help me. My husband had not come outside yet so he did not know. I was so scared and just ran back to my room. The staff did nothing to help me. They talked to the man and they said he thought I was someone else. But that didn't matter b/c no staff tried to help me. We went to the police and filed a report and moved to a different resort. The rest of our vacation I was sad and anxious. Just awful vacation. We will never go back to Rockhouse b/c I was not safe and so scared and the staff just watched like it was a show or something. No one tried to intervene while I was screaming for help. As a foreigner you expect that the hotel has security in place for bad incidences. There was an apperance of security but no one moved. It was horrifying.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
24  Thank BrMabs
Charlotte_WallaceGM, General Manager at Rockhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I am Charlotte Wallace, General Manager at Rockhouse Hotel, Negril, Jamaica since June 2006. I have done a thorough review of our records and cannot find any evidence of this incident occurring at our property. My review included discussions with our entire management team, research of our Security records, checking with the local police station which was unable to find a record of this report which the reviewer said was made there and the interviewing of our staff, none of whom have any recollection of this incident. We have also reached out directly to the writer of this review and have not heard back with further details.
We take security very seriously at Rockhouse and have an extensively-trained security team stationed around the clock on property and we are so stunned by this report that we question the credibility of the incident in particular because no one here has any knowledge of it.
Regards,