“Peace and Quiet”

Country Country Beach Cottages
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Wonderful location, right on the beach.
Staff so friendly and attentive.
Food really varied, and good quality.
Breakfast on the deck overlooking wonderful colourful water.
Good value for money, not for those who like large hotel complexes, would suit romantic couples.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Steve S
There are newer reviews for Country Country Beach Cottages

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Please note: My comments have nothing to do with the fire. We have stayed at Country Country at least 6 times. We have been very pleased with our stays each time and with the people there, both management and work staff. We had plans for a 10 day stay in November 2008, no trip insurance. In early November (less than 2 weeks before our trip) I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and called to cancel our reservations, fully expecting to lose our deposit, which as you can imagine was not a priority at that time. BTW we were b this time repeat visitors o Our deposit was refunded with no discussion whatsoever. When I was well enough to have a vacation we went to Country Country and everyone was kind and gracious and acted so happy that outcome was good! Perhaps new management and policies, but I will forever thank them for helping me through a terrible personal ordeal.

• Stayed: November 2013
9  Thank misspittypat
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My family and I just got back and we stayed at the resort 10 days and it was excellent. The entire staff (office, housekeeping, dining, grounds) were polite, friendly, smiled with consistent extraordinary gestures of care to make us feel at home. They went above their call of duty and made sure my husband spent his birthday spectacular, and it was indeed the best birthday ever.
The manager Monique is the most hard working, caring manager ever. She always made timed to greet guests and consistently make sure that guests were comfortable and happy, and always made herself available to approach. Both of our rooms were well kept and the ground were well maintained. The entire dining staff were fabulous with chef Neville always providing excellent cuisine and Stacie making delightful drinks to wow my family and I. The entire facility is safe, secure and family oriented and the prices of the meals/drinks are reasonably for families on a tight budget. This is definitely my annual family spot to take all my stress away.

Room Tip: Both premium and superior rooms are excellent with easy beach access
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Alie M
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I love the charm, the style, the help is so helpful and you walk RIGHT ONTO THE WHITE SAND BEACH. Breakfast is included and is amazing, get the Jamaican special. The rooms are spacious. They style charming. The staff friendly and helpful. Love it here.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the 2nd floor that faces the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank AndiRockz
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Never again! Not my 1st trip and not picky at all but I don't wanna die here ! Had a fire outside our room in the kitchen fire alarms not working. Thank God someone banged on my door yelling fire !! Almost lost everything! Ruined 4 pc luggage had to ask to have clothes washed. Moved us from " best room " I paid extra for to garden after fire but never got any $$ back , almost got charged for a beer I ordered. New kitchen was done when old one burned down .. How convenient ... Staff proud of doing their job and that's good because your getting paid ! Never heard from owner and had to interrupt conversation with owner and guest expressing same concern over fire alarms.. Were told they had options to leave and did ! 1 lady who was not affected by the fire slept through it .. Guess they forgot to wake her... However the mgr of hotel sends the best rude emails telling you they did there job and you are not dead.. The kitchen is open and running blah blah like I care! Don't get my vaca my $$ or peice of mind back! Stay somewhere else if you enjoy life !

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was scheduled to spend a week in this property with my wife in July 2014. The booking was made via a well known booking website and I purchased travel insurance just in case we couldnt make it for whatever reason.

Sadly that whatever reason became reality and the hotel management refused to honor their own cancellation policy and completely disregarded all reasoning and went ahead and charged me for the full week! Absolutely deplorable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mike S
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This little gem definitely made me feel at home. I fell in love with Country Country at 1st site. Having such awesome staff made my stay even better. Everyone here is so accommodating to all your needs.
These beach cottages have so much to offer. My cottage was right on the beach and the views are amazing. Every morning I can open my french doors and enjoy a nice ocean breeze from inside my room or out on my veranda. I was even able to obtain wifi from my room most times!

They have a fairly new cafe Country Peppa Grill By the sea which also sits on the ocean as well. The food here is excellent. Having my Jamaican coffee and enjoy a ocean view is always nice. Make sure the chef Zumba whips you up some of his awesome banana pancakes.
Each morning the staff is sure to put out beach chairs and umbrellas for you to enjoy. This property is safe and secure by security 24 hours a day.
Im in love with Country Country.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a great location! The ones closer to beach of course give you beach view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo