“Great Place to Relax”

Country Country Beach Cottages
Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited here some time ago, but didn't get round to a review. We picked to stay here as it wasn't an 'an all inclusive compound' that could be anywhere. We stayed in one of the upper floor apartments, which was very spacious with excellent air conditioning. We were offered a good choice at breakfasts, the bonus being the 'restaurant' was overlooking the private beach and sea. The staff were very friendly and gave a good service. You do need to get a taxi to get out and about or book to go on organised excursions.

Room Tip: Ask for upper room, more privacy when sitting out.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank torremendo

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I brought a Groupon for a 5 night stay and I fell in love with Country Country on day one! Monique is great and really helpful. The restaurant is a little slow but the scenery is amazing so I didn’t mind. We tried breakfast, lunch and dinner service and loved all the food. The room was nice with slated windows and the air conditioning worked great. I would of preferred to have a bed net since the windows didn’t have screens but it wasn’t a huge deal. I cant wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Itswhitneyduh
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Country country I love love love you!!! Me and a friend stayed at country country from sep 6-10 and we enjoyed every minute! You can say it was love at first sight! If you're looking for an uppity faux Jamaican experience this isn't the place. It's like a big family who all takes care of each other. I love that we went during down season because it was like we had everyones attention. i got a little jealous when more visitors checked in and we had to share the love lol. When ever we left security always made sure they knew and checked on us to be sure we made it back safe. I caught my own crab, swam every day , went parasailing and rented jet skis twice! We even paid a guy named flakey to take us out on his speed boat for a while. I loved the vendors and all the staff Stacy Africa and Zumba were the best !!! The security Albert Miguel and Jason were the best too. By the end of the trip a rasta from town asked if I was Jamaican ... That's when I knew I had really absorbed the culture of these lovely ppl and would return soon . Ps when the guys say ure real and proper just answer with respect lol

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Lrhode2
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to Jamaica for the first time and Country Country exceeded my expectatations. I learned of the resort from living social, thus I didn't know what I would walk into being that it was such a great deal! I recommend this resort to singles looking to have fun as it is right next to Magaritaville, some people complain about the noise, but I had no problem with it. I am a 24 year old single female, so it was perfect! However, if you're looking for a couples retreat, you may want to do something else. I went during the first week of September, which is slow season there, I loved not having to share the resort with so many others, but if you want that- then December- May is the time you want to go. I will break down my critique of the hotel now:

Cleanliness- I am very particular about staying at certain hotels, I bring my own sheets and pillow cases. However, after inspecting the room I didn't feel it was necessary. The sheets were very clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The only thing you will need to watch for is lizards and or other creatures. This has nothing to do with the upkeep of the hotel, it's the environment. So keep doors and windows closed at all times.

Service- Very personal and intimate. Every employee there will know you and the room you are in. They keep track for your safety. Also, if you have questions about where to venture to everyone is more than helpful. I specifically had great encounters with Lee, one of the bell hops, Africa and Stacy (bartenders), Zumba (chef), Miguel, Jason and George (security guards). They all made my friend and me feel right at home.

Location- Excellent. Country Country is in the middle of the infamous 7 mile beach. Again it's next to Magaritaville, perfect for partying. Also our room was steps away from the beach. We were also not too far from the town, so if you want to venture out with the locals it won't be too difficult

Food- Great! I was expecting bland hotel food, with a little cajun seasoning thrown on the plate to make it feel "authentic" however I was pleasantly surprised yet again. Every night there is a menu of about 4- 5 entrees, along with appetizers and dessert. The chicken Dijonaise was my favorite dinner meal, for breakfast I enjoyed the banana pancakes. Conch fritters were my favorite appetizers. But everything was delicious, you really can't go wrong!

Convenience- Poor. Wifi is only in one lounge. Of course I would have loved to have it in the room and on the beach. But that's a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Overall I loved my stay at Country Country, it is quality and comfort all in one. I will definitely go back!!!!

Room Tip: Request to be nearest to the beach
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Chanel K
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a fantastic, relaxing week! I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. The property is very well maintained, and the staff are wonderful. The cottage was very clean, comfortable and provided plenty of room. I stayed in #501, which was closest to the front office and the lounge - sometimes I could pick up the Wi-Fi from the lounge on my porch. At night the property was pretty quiet, just the sounds of tree frogs which I found very relaxing. The A/C in the cottage worked well, and cooled down the room pretty quickly. The cottage had a mini-fridge, so I took a trip to the grocery store early in the week to stock up with bottled water, juices, snacks, etc. The beach bar and restaurant were wonderful - the included breakfast was amazing! The beach was kept very clean, and security usually chased off anyone trying to hassle the guests. I was traveling alone, so the staff kept their eye on me and kept me company throughout the week - there was not a moment that I didn't feel safe. Big shout out to my new friends Omar, Andre, Ernie, Eulalee and Afrika! Ernie, the driver, provided me with a custom tour and recommended many delicious restaurants. The sunsets from the beach were amazing!! I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation, and I'm already planning my next trip back!

Room Tip: 501 was furthest from the beach, but was one level so there was no one above me. It was also closest...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Amander11
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed in numerous hotels on the Negril strip and can honestly say this was the best. We stayed the end of July 2013 with our teenaged daughter (19 yrs). Cottage was very clean and homey. No problem with tracking sand into sleeping space. Basin was provided on porch for washing feet when you left the beach. Food was great! We bought lobster on the beach and the cook prepared it for us. Employees are wonderful and helpful. It felt like home away from home. I had to leave to visit family inland and did not want to leave. We will definitely go back. Daughter loved the banana pancakes and we had jamaican breakfast everyday! Most relaxed we have been in a long time! Greatest place ever!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hillary w
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Jamaica after having spent 4 weeks travelling across the US from Australia. We were tired when we arrived and a bit stressed out..We stayed at country country for the week and were very sad to leave...great rooms, great food, great staff. Very relaxing and safe. Ernie was a fantastic driver and took us on an amazing journey into the mountains of Jamaica and to some great local food places. If 5 star luxury is your thing, stay elsewhere. If relaxing in a chilled out place is your style, Country Country is for you. Why is Jamaica so far away from Australia???

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple