WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Country Country Beach Cottages

Country Country Beach Cottages
Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Charleston, South Carolina
“My favorite Negril beach hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from my third visit to Country Country, and wish I could book another right away. This hotel is actually small one and two story cottages with porches, set amid a garden. The property is immaculate and the rooms are more than comfortable. Yes, the "king" beds are 2 twins pushed together, but this is not an uncommon practice in countries other than the US. The rooms are large and have everything you need!

The beach is clean with chairs, towels, and shade if you want it! Security is on duty all day and night. no worries:). The restaurant is waterfront, and serves some tasty dishes. Our favorites were banana pancakes and omelette for breakfast; Caesar wrap, barbeque wrap, and jerk club sandwich for lunch; beef filet, curry snapper, and pork kabobs for dinner.

Our personal contact has been Monique when we have contacted the hotel through email the last two times we have booked online. She will do her best to meet your every need, and the rest of the staff echo her commitment. I was surprised to see negative comments about some staff in previous posts. I did not recognize the names mentioned, so maybe changes have occurred. All staff were friendly and professional on our visit in January, 2013.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chilli-girl52

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

In the past 10 years, my wife and I have eaten at Country Country many times. Mind you we have never stayed at the hotel..only eaten in its outdoor beach restaurant. We can only say good things about all of our wonderfully delish and creative meals. From Mahi Mahi, Tuna steaks to red pea soup! This is a restaurant that should not be missed on your trip to Negril! Big Up, Respect everytime!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Captain Gus B
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice, I would go back for the relaxing environment. breakfast a little too oily but the staff made very good effort to appease. Lady at front desk Serita was very pleasant and made every effort to ensure all was well

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank caribb_prince
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

For $10.00 [US], I got a carafe of coffee, juice, omelet, and 4 types of fresh fruit, served at a beachfront table by a pleasant and efficient waitress.

By far, the best beach breakfast that I have found in Negril.

Portions are a healthy-size [rather than the typical over-indulgent resort size] and the chef and wait-staff all seem genuinely concerned that you are happy with your meal and your overall experience at Country Country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Clearingcustoms
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the restaurant at Country Country. The staff is great and the chefs are remarkable. Although I don't always stay here, I eat breakfast there every morning. It is some of the yummiest food bar none. A great view of the beach, and good vibes all around. It's a gem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jamaicarocks99
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I planned to come back to Jamaica on our 5 year anniversary (we got married in Negril in 2007). We came with my best friend and her husband, and planned to stay 4 nights on the beach and 4 nights on the cliffs. We made our decisions on where to stay based on the type of people we are. My husband and I are both vegans, so all inclusives are usually not much good for us, and my husband doesn't drink. We always choose smaller, more laid back places to stay, because we are not the type of people that stay in a big-name, 400+ room resort. We like to interact with the local people and really indulge ourselves in the culture when we are there. Country Country seemed like the perfect place for us. Upon checking in, I already felt at home. Monique, the manager, was there and was the sweetest thing. The girl checking us in actually worked at the resort we got married at, and my husband recognized her! So right away, we felt comfortable. The rooms were adorable. Exactly what we had hoped for. You really feel like you are staying in a cottage, and not a "Holiday Inn" type resort. The grounds are immaculately landscaped and the beach is just perfect for relaxing. The spot is on the perfect part of the beach, where the sun shines pretty much all day, and the water is pretty calm. The security is by far the best I have seen. No one will mess with you there! Breakfast every day was delicious. The lady in the kitchen and my husband hit it off from the start, and she made us a special "rasta" breakfast everyday to accommodate our dietary restrictions. Overall, I would say this is the best place I have stayed in when it comes to Negril. If I wanted to come back and stay on the beach in Negril (which I guarantee I will!!!), it will be at Country Country. It by far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
8 Thank Marley0904
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Country Country in April 2012. It was our first beach vacation with our 15 year old and it was heaven sent. From check in to check out it exceeded our expectations.We wanted to experience the culture and not be limited to an all inclusive resort. We couldn't have made a better choice. The restaurant was 5 star. Sampled all breakfast choices... awesome Had the pleasure of having dinner on 2 occasions. Service and food were top notch. . Thank you to everyone who made us feel like family. To the lovely ladies who blew up my sons air mattress and arranged a meal when he wasn't feeling well... thank you. To the wonderful men and women who keep the rooms and beach so immaculate and to security who keep watch, thank you also. And to the drivers, so helpful. Last but not least, Monique , I am also in the industry, and I can say without a doubt, you are as professional as they come. Thank you, for a life long memory. It couldn't have been more perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family