“Country Country Experience”

Country Country Beach Cottages
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice, I would go back for the relaxing environment. breakfast a little too oily but the staff made very good effort to appease. Lady at front desk Serita was very pleasant and made every effort to ensure all was well

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank caribb_prince

Reviewed January 27, 2013

For $10.00 [US], I got a carafe of coffee, juice, omelet, and 4 types of fresh fruit, served at a beachfront table by a pleasant and efficient waitress.

By far, the best beach breakfast that I have found in Negril.

Portions are a healthy-size [rather than the typical over-indulgent resort size] and the chef and wait-staff all seem genuinely concerned that you are happy with your meal and your overall experience at Country Country.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Clearingcustoms
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the restaurant at Country Country. The staff is great and the chefs are remarkable. Although I don't always stay here, I eat breakfast there every morning. It is some of the yummiest food bar none. A great view of the beach, and good vibes all around. It's a gem.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jamaicarocks99
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I planned to come back to Jamaica on our 5 year anniversary (we got married in Negril in 2007). We came with my best friend and her husband, and planned to stay 4 nights on the beach and 4 nights on the cliffs. We made our decisions on where to stay based on the type of people we are. My husband and I are both vegans, so all inclusives are usually not much good for us, and my husband doesn't drink. We always choose smaller, more laid back places to stay, because we are not the type of people that stay in a big-name, 400+ room resort. We like to interact with the local people and really indulge ourselves in the culture when we are there. Country Country seemed like the perfect place for us. Upon checking in, I already felt at home. Monique, the manager, was there and was the sweetest thing. The girl checking us in actually worked at the resort we got married at, and my husband recognized her! So right away, we felt comfortable. The rooms were adorable. Exactly what we had hoped for. You really feel like you are staying in a cottage, and not a "Holiday Inn" type resort. The grounds are immaculately landscaped and the beach is just perfect for relaxing. The spot is on the perfect part of the beach, where the sun shines pretty much all day, and the water is pretty calm. The security is by far the best I have seen. No one will mess with you there! Breakfast every day was delicious. The lady in the kitchen and my husband hit it off from the start, and she made us a special "rasta" breakfast everyday to accommodate our dietary restrictions. Overall, I would say this is the best place I have stayed in when it comes to Negril. If I wanted to come back and stay on the beach in Negril (which I guarantee I will!!!), it will be at Country Country. It by far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Marley0904
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Country Country in April 2012. It was our first beach vacation with our 15 year old and it was heaven sent. From check in to check out it exceeded our expectations.We wanted to experience the culture and not be limited to an all inclusive resort. We couldn't have made a better choice. The restaurant was 5 star. Sampled all breakfast choices... awesome Had the pleasure of having dinner on 2 occasions. Service and food were top notch. . Thank you to everyone who made us feel like family. To the lovely ladies who blew up my sons air mattress and arranged a meal when he wasn't feeling well... thank you. To the wonderful men and women who keep the rooms and beach so immaculate and to security who keep watch, thank you also. And to the drivers, so helpful. Last but not least, Monique , I am also in the industry, and I can say without a doubt, you are as professional as they come. Thank you, for a life long memory. It couldn't have been more perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank deemacd
Reviewed December 31, 2012

First of all I can't recommend Country Country Enough. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Monique, the manager, was a delightful and always willing to help us. Jason, security, was very helpful in setting up excursions. Roy, the driver, was one hell of a nice guy. Eulalee, our housekeeper, was a gem.

My wife and I traveled to Country Country November 25-30th for our Honeymoon. We didn't want to deal with all the people at an all inclusive and wanted to stay at a nice small resort where they knew who you are. We got exactly what we wanted. Our cottage was the furthest from the beach, but still only a short walk to the water and restaurant/bar. Our room was very clean and had a fridge, TV, ceiling fan, a/c, and safe During the day we shut off the a/c and opened the windows. We would shut the blinds and turn the a/c off in the evening, and the room stayed very nice. The rooms were not fancy, however they had everything you need and a little more to make the trip enjoyable. My only complaint of Country-Country would be the beds, they are hard.

The beach was kept in immaculate condition. The water was so calm and crystal blue we never wanted to leave the beach area. We ate most of our meals at the restaurant there. The food was outstanding. I received only 1 meal that I thought was alright, as did my wife, but only 2 meals were average out of everything we ate.

Country-Country is perfectly located on 7 mile Beach. Margaritavile is 2 doors down (it's overrated). There are several souvenior stands located close by. One word of warning they will try to sell you anything and everything. If you aren't interested just say no thank-you, and be firm. Best-of-the-West Jerk Stand is a short walk, and It is awesome. Harley-Davidson is just past the jerk stand.

We will definitely be headed back Negril and will be staying at Country-Country

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shawn T
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Country Country from Dec 19-24, 2012. We had booked a premium room (their best) but were given Rm 504 (a superior room). Here is the good and the bad...
The Good
- we arrived shortly after 11AM and our room was ready; check-in was pleasant, quick and easy
- the grounds are beautiful, you feel like you're in the jungle and the cottages are really quite cute
- AC worked very well in our cottage; we kept the shutters closed and had no issues with mosquitos inside
- the beach is fantastic, they do a great job of keeping it clean. There have a lot of chairs available, we especially liked the adirondack chairs at the back of the beach area where it never felt crowded.
- food at the restaurant is very good, our breakfast was included so we had that daily; we also ate dinner there 3 of our 5 nights
-the security people are very good (a special thank you to Jason and the lady at the front gate); the hotel staff (grounds maintenance, housekeepers, front office staff) were all very friendly and pleasant. Our housekeeper, Eulelee (sp?) was fabulous and a lovely lady to chat with.
The Bad
- we found the service at the restaurant/bar to be indifferent at best. As I said, we ate most of our meals there, and still we weren't treated warmly (and yes, I did tip). The service was efficient but far from friendly, which is unusual in Jamaica. The one afternoon we sat at the bar for a drink we felt as though we were an inconvenience... Such a shame because it is a beautiful setting.
- when you keep the shutters closed, the cottages can be quite dark inside
- dinner selection is limited. The menu has only 4 entrees and doesn't always change daily
Conclusions
We enjoyed our stay, we'll probably not return but I would recommend it to others. Although the jungle type setting is very nice, it isn't for anyone who gets a lot of bug bites. It is very quiet, which is great for some, but we like to have a bar that has a little something going on in the evening.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 2nutz4travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Rooms Ocho Rios
Rooms Ocho Rios
#20 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Country Country Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!