This was my 4th trip back to Negril. We have stayed at Point Village (don't stay there), Coco La Palm (nice), Beach House Villas (okay) and last Country Country. I love Country Country for so many reasons.
I will start with the good. Monique the Manager was a pleasure to meet. She made sure our stay was perfect. Lee, was the sweetest person with the most amazing smile and attitude. The people at CC were wonderful.
The location of CC is perfect. We love to walk the beach, and CC is close to everything. Here are some of our favorites spots on Seven Mile beach:
- Idle Awhile - great place for dinner
- Best in the West - best jerk chicken - located across the street from CocolaPalm
- Charlena - wonderful dinner - we ate there twice. And the service is amazing.
- White Sands bar - they have great daily 2 for 1 specials
- Yellow Bird bar - Best dirty bananas and they are cheap!
- Angela's Italian Restaurant at Bar-B-Barn - BEST Pizza on the beach!
- Niah's Patties - homemade chicken/lobster patties - you have to try it!
Country Country offers a made to order breakfast, which was included in our rate. My favorite start of the day was sitting at the beach restaurant, eating banana pancakes, or ham and cheese omlette, and topping it off with the best coffee.
We stayed in a stand alone beach cottage. The room offers TV (we never turned it on once), small refrigerator, king bed, wrap around porch, ceiling fan, AC, and a day bed. The room was large and very cozy. The bathroom is small but clean and always had lots of hot water. We were about 20 steps from the ocean sand. There are only 20 rooms at CC, so it felt very intimate and private. However, they are going to be expanding CC to 40 rooms. I hope that won't affect the unique and special feeling of privacy of CC with the additional rooms.
Lastly, I only have 2 complaints. CC is next door to Margarittaville. Unfortunately, Margaritaville tend to play their music loudly on 2 of the nights we were there. So loud, you can hear it over the AC. 2nd, the hairdryer we so weak and old, that if you have long hair, it will be challenging to dry. But come on... we are in Jamaica right?
I would highly recommend Country Country. I almost didn't write this review because I don't want CC to get over populated, but, they deserve this positive review because they are hard workers and the place is perfect. Thanks again Monique for a wonderful stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Country Beach Cottages is the epitome of casual beach living directly on Negril's famous Seven Mile beach. The multi-colored one- and two-storey cottages offer all the amenities expected (a/c, TV, CD-radio, verandah, hairdryer, telephone, safety box, coffee/tea, refrigerator) and are located along a winding path to the beach. Country Peppa Beach Grille serves up full breakfast daily while you take in the views of the sea. Kick back and leave your worries at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Country Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Country Beach Cottages Hotel Negril
- Country Beach Hotel
- Country Beach Negril
- Country Country Negril