“Planning Return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Planning Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have been conversing with Francis to return to White Sands this winter. We've stayed other places but have begun to call White Sands home now, when in Negril. It has, by far, the best beach location along 7-Mile beach and the staff is outstanding. After several stays at White Sands, we've found a large family, not only in staff but in the returning guests that have become great friends that we look forward to seeing each year. White Sands is very accommodating, whether you're staying on the property or looking to tour off the property. They are always helpful and full of wonderful ideas that showcase their locale, Negril and Jamaica. Not a New York 5 star boutique hotel, but a family run home-style feel. Think of the "Cheers" song...."where everybody knows your name...."

Room Tip: We like beachside vs. garden side, don't care to cross the blvd which can be busy and loud.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We LOVE it when we convert guests to Family !! I have to agree, we are blessed with having the best beach location in Negril. Our little piece of heaven is all we need. We have lots of returning clients each year and many make their return trips so they meet up with other guests they meet on property. It is a pretty special atmosphere. Love the analogy to Cheers! Well said...

Regards, White Sands Negril

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
minn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

i had always wanted to stay here and on my 5th trip to Negril I finally did !!! went with my boyfriend and 2 other friends. we stayed in the 1bed apt which worked out fine for 4 people !!! staff was great and so is location !!! rooms are clean and kept well stocked. never had a problem getting a beach chair.

Room Tip: apts. seem to be the best :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank babjsjam
Nice to host you at White Sands on your 5th trip. Always good to get feedback and trip reports from people who have stayed at other hotels. Glad you enjoyed the One Bedroom Apartment, they are very roomy and comfortable. Hope to host you on your 6th trip back!
Cheers, White Sands Negril
Huron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been staying at White Sands for 26 years. I go at least twice a year. The hotel is like staying with family. Staff is wonderful and have been there for years. The bar has the best drinks and bartenders on the beach. Great location right in the middle of seven miles of beach. Rooms are basic but the price is right. When the water pressure is low it is like that all over the beach. Office staff is very helpful and will go out of the way for your needs. You are a guest only once at White Sands then you become family.

Room Tip: If you have a family get a cottage with the kitchen, it is worth the extra money. Rent a phone from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank debflygirl
You are the foundation that makes White Sands what it is today, thank you for your loyalty and kind words. Look forward to seeing you yet again on your next trip back. We LOVE seeing our family return each year! Cheers, White Sands Negril
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a great stay there!! The staff treated us amazing and looked after us. The food is top class and if you go get the jerk chicken its cooked to perfection. The beach and bar is amazing and the security makes sure you don't get bothered at all. I have to give a shout out to ricardo who escorted is around negril and really looked after us. And could the hotel Thank him on behalf of derek and amy and let him know he made the trip great for us. And I would like to thank the hotel staff for treating is so well. Ye mon

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank shamrockrovers
Thank you for taking the time to send in your trip report. Love to read that the staff treated you well and took care of you. Glad you liked the beach grill food. Glad you toured Negril and got to check out our little town. Look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.
Cheers, White Sands Negril
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love the White Sands, I stay there every year for 10 too 14 days, love the staff, Bar & Grill on the beach, Wonderful stay, I use to stay in the studio/apt, now I stay in the 1bm on the beach, love it.

Room Tip: Stay on the beach side, who wants to cross the road like a chicken, everything is on the beach, beac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Louis P
Thank you for your kind words about your stay at White Sands and the nice feedback on the staff who make everyone feel so at home. My apologies for the late reply to your post. Look forward to sharing our beach with you again soon. Cheers, White Sands Negril
Merida, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice, and enjoyed every moment. The hotel rooms have uncomfortable beds, a nice fridge, decent air conditioning, plenty of hot water, which one doesn't really need to much of, and one of the greatest locations on 7 mile beach. The hotel, and beach security are good.The restaurant serves a great breakfast, however they are very slow. The front office is helpful, and friendly. The ocean water is almost body temperature. There are plenty of places to eat in both directions. This is a great place for the money. You will also find that most of the guests are return guests.

Room Tip: If you can run across the street without getting run over the garden side rooms are better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livinglifehere
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your trip report. Sorry you did not like the bed you slept in. I wish you had asked to be moved to a different room or for us to change the mattress. I know how important a good nights sleep is. It is not a comment we receive often. I hope when you come again next that we will be able to find you accommodations that suit you better.

Kindest regards,
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My Girlfriend and I came too this resort, from what we had investigated prior..
Our room, had 2 small beds, not even a king or queen. (the picture for the rooms are deceiving)
The water situation was bad, went to take a shower and sometimes you would only get drips or very low pressure water coming out, had to use the water we got from the shower, filled the garbage can with it, so we could pour it in the toilet too flush. There was also pour water pressure from sink. (this is due too the poor infrastructure of the properties surrounding it, and underground pipe situation.)
The room was a decent size, the air conditioning worked, no bugs nore flies, the fridge that they had in the room leaked, and I was glad that I brought my magicjack for making phone calls, because there are NO phones in the room or TV's on the beachfront properties. I do not watch tv anyways when I am on vacation, but did bring my laptop for music and movies...

The maid we had was awesome and great, and Nora you are the best!

I asked for two non-alcoholic drinks in a small cup, and was charged 9.00 US for them, I looked at the bartender and said these were non-alcoholic drinks why so much? he said thats the price! after that incident, we never went back too that bar/restaurant that they have on the beach front.
When we arrived, I made sure I paid our stay in full, they try and detour you from doing this, so you can run up your tab with there bar/restaurant and pay later.. I do not like surprise bills...

If you like a one or two star accommodations this resort is for you, however I was not impressed and when I do go back I will find elsewhere too stay.. I definitely took one for the team, as my gf says...
Also, the road that is infront of the property, the people driving on that do not do the 50km its more like 100kms, its an accident waiting 2 happen.. I just about got rundown by a female motorist while walking with my gf on the side of the road...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing your review.

I hope on your next stay in Negril you can find a property that is better suited to your needs.

Regards,