“White Sands delivered once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Sands Negril

White Sands Negril
Ranked #23 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Vermont
“White Sands delivered once again!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Once again, White Sands delivered a great vacation at an affordable price! I have now stayed at this property on 3 occassions and the staff and property continue to ensure that service and property are wonderful. I feel that i can more realisticly review Negril properties as I have stayed at a number of different places in Nergril. Clearly, White Sands is my favorite. When I had a young child, I stayed at a couple of different all inclusives and my son enjoyed the vacations but they were not nearly as wonderful for me. I prefer the stand alone smaller properties on the beach. White Sands offers a beautiful beach and garden setting, a variety of room accomodations, including one bed room apartments for larger groups, and a great little beach bar with excellent mixmasters (Paul and Tony) behind the bar. The pavillion restaurant serves great, cooked to order, breakfasts and lunches prepared by chef Horace and served by Jennifer. I felt so welcomed, each and every day, by Jennifer's smile and warmness. Many guests from other properties actually came to the White sands for breakfast and coffee, as they preferred White Sands over their own hotels. My room was well kept by housekeeppers Nora and Peaches. My room was always cleaned and ready for me after my day at the beach. The a/c was very effective and looked like it was recently upgraded. My deluxe beachroom was plenty spacious and had a small balcony with table and chairs. The shower was just fine and always spotlessly clean. I'm just not sure what other reviewers are looking for when they complain about this very modestly priced, beachfront property! I believe the summer rate for my beachside deluxe room was around $78/night. I can't stay on the coast of Maine for that price! I have never had any housekeeping, maintenance, or service issues at White Sands. If you have a request, which i have had, they happily try to fulfill it. White Sands location is excellent and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, and night life spots to walk to from this spot. I couldn't imagine not enjoying all of the variety around the area, and having to be trapped at an all inclusive for every meal, and drink. Not my cup of tea! I will definitely be returning to White Sands, hopefully this winter, and i may try the garden side rooms as many folks prefer that side of the property. There are tons of repeat customers at White Sands. That in itself tells you lots about this very special place. Thanks to all at White Sands for making my 9 days so great! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Garden side rooms seem more private and beachside is a little more active. Neither are a problem. Ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank celebrity1Vermont
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Glad we were able to 'deliver' another great vacation and thank, you for your loyalty. Your review is detailed and accurate. I am sure the people who read the Tripadvisor reviews will appreciate the time you spent on writing such a detailed report. We look forward to hosting you for your #4 trip! Cheers, White Sands

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Well w/ the exceptions of some of the ladies in the staff it was not a pleasant stay @ all. Where to start.. The toilet constantly flooded. For the 2 weeks we never got full water power. Felt like someone was holding a low pressured hose over your head. The ants are insane, cant leave nothing out. NO tv, but there are cable wires so we have to rent. They said they had wi-fi but they only kept it @ a low frequencey until independence and then shut it off so you could only go to the office. The bar is over priced. The beach was very lovely and goregous. I did not like the fact that the room had ONE key. I dont know. Rio would be my next resort. this is a 2 star resort.

Room Tip: ..good luck.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Bee P
Sorry it was not a good fit. Good luck with you future travels.
Regards,
White Sands
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Such a wonderful charming place right in the middle of the Seven mile beach. Our stay was so relaxing and the staff went out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. Will definitely be back thank you everyone at White Sands for making our stay perfect! I can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank tallen39
Thank you, thank you, thank you ! Glad the stay was relaxing and the staff treated you well, they are a large part of why we have so a large and growing number of repeat clients. We look forward to hosting you when you return.
Cheers, White Sands Negril
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place was awesome. It was clean and gave everything we expected. If you are looking for a cheap place, clean rooms and want to be on 7 mile Beach, this is it. Never had oen complaint. it was very close to everything. We walked to the night life, the restaurants and all the way down the beach. i have no complaints.

3 Thank Linda430
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your review slipped the radar screen and I apologize for the late reply.
We look forward to hosting you again and I promise to reply sooner with my comments the next time you take valuable time out of your day to write a trip report.

Cheers,
White Sands Negril
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent a wonderful week here in July. All the reviews are so true. It's clean, well staffed and close to everything. The bar staff was super and there was never any feeling of being "bothered" on the beach. We walked almost everywhere. All types of amazing food to be had. This was our first time in Negril (several trips to Jamaica). White Sands fit every need. Our room lacked a TV, but that's never a deal breaker in Jamaica. The WiFi was good and we kept ourselves "busy" relaxing.

Thank you White Sands for a wonderful vacation!

1 Thank luki13
We are glad the user reviews on Tripadvisor were helpful and accurate. We are fortunate that you stayed with us on your first visit to Negril and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip. I like the idea of keeping 'busy' by relaxing. You have the right vibe for Negril. We look forward to shring our beach with you again soon. Cheers, White Sands
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The staff was by far the best thing about this place! Super friendly, helpful and knowledgable about Negril. We got a beach side room, but it was the room closest to the road, so it was really noisy. Next time, we'd definitely go for a garden side room, just because it would be quieter. The room was clean, the beach was close and there were plenty of beach chairs. That's pretty much all we needed! Breakfast and lunch food was a good value. You can technically walk to most everything on the beach, since you're right in the middle of the 7-mile beach. Take advantage of the free shuttle to Kuyaba... they have hammock seats at the bar, yummy refreshing drinks, great food and, of course, a good view of the beach.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank treehgr
Glad the staff treated you well and were able to give you good advice on what to do where to go. White Sands is definitely within easy walking distance to most restaurants and attractions. Kuyaba is a very popular restaurant and they do offer a convenient free shuttle. We look forward to hosting you again. Cheers, White Sands
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was exactly the type of experience my partner and I wanted to have in Negril. We were looking for a quiet place to be on our own and off the grid, and this was it. Breakfast was wonderful, and the staff were able to keep the coffee flowing and the conversation enjoyable. Our conversations with the second- and third-generation owners of the hotel helped us appreciate even more the care and desire they put into providing a quality experience. The beach was wonderful--crabs to watch, warm water to enjoy, and easy to wander to find another dinner as desired. Evenings were pleasant, enjoying the sounds on the loungers, and watching sports. This was a great opportunity to hear from, and feel, a more local experience of Negril.

2 Thank Barrett C
We are glad White Sands was exaclty the type of experience you were looking for in Negril. Glad the staff treated you well and were able to meet us. The beach truly is wonderful and we are glad you felt welcome. Please come back, we look forward to hosting you again. Cheers, White Sands