White Sands Negril
  • Pool
$109
$55
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$153
$160
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Hedonism II(Negril)
$639
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$140
$125
$484
$469
Bookit.com
$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach sideone bedroom apartmentdaily drink specialsprivate poolsun deckbudget hotelpattiesfull kitchensecond homefront officebeach barhome away from homemini fridgerooms are basiclaid backbeach securityseven mile beach
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed at White Sands in 2007 with a friend and then again at Easter 2011 with my husband. On both occasions, I booked a garden side room with kitchenette. The inexpensive rooms have no TV or phones (easy to by a SIM card to fit into your regular mobile phone).The hotel has rooms on both sides of the beach road (gardenside and beachside). The rooms are spacious and spotless. The kitchenette provides coffee making facilities, pots, crockery, cutlery, a fridge, cooker and sink for travellers on a budget or for just preserving the fresh fruit you bought of a beach vendor earlier that day. Each room has a small patio/balcony area - in our case, looking over the lush gardens. The gardenside is quieter than the beach side but literally less than 5 mins walk away. There is also a pool. The staff are friendly and although food is focused on US tourists' tastes, there are plenty of hotel restaurants as well as independent restaurants nearby to suit every taste. For us, it was a great base for 2 weeks for visiting places on the north coast and visiting my family and old friends. The hotel also has one 4-bed, 4-bathroom villa with its own swimming pool. Don't miss the cocktail of the day, particularly "dirty banana"!

Room Tip: Gardenside rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHALondon_England
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Nice to hear you liked the garden side of our property. Many share your passion and always stay there. They think of it as their own private retreat, away from the beach. With the pool and lush landscaping it is easy to see why. We are one of the few hotels in Negril that offer cooking facilities and I am glad you took advantage. Some clients spend 2-3 months a year with us and always book a room with cooking facilities in order to save money and make it feel more like their own private apartment.

Great advice about the Dirty Bananas…they are soooo GOOD !

See you next time when you are down.

Cheers,
White Sands Negril

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed at White Sands for two weeks in May 2011. This was probably my 10th trip to Negril and 5th at White Sands. That statement probably tells you all you need to know about my feelings for this hotel. I love everything about it! I think it is the staff and the intimacy of the place that pulls me back each year. Francis runs a great hotel and is always ready to help if I need anything. All the room staff, from the housekeepers to the gardeners are top notch. The restaurant/bar staff are great... Horace, Paul and Tony always keep a smile on my face!

The grounds are lush, the rooms are spacious, the beach is beautiful and the people are friendly. I also love that there are so many repeat guests that each time I arrive, I am sure to already know some of the other guests!

If you want a quiet, affordable piece of paradise, then White Sands is for you. They strip away the distractions of my everyday life (tv, computer, phone, etc) and allow me to really relax and enjoy Jamaica.

I can't say enough about White Sands.... I guess all you need to know if that I am already booked for my next trip :)

Room Tip: Speak to Francis directly.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank tinglover

You are a true ‘Negrillian’. Great to host you again. Francis certainly does take care of everyone as does all the staff. Hard not to smile when you see the pearly whites of Tony starting back at you from inside the bar. Looking forward to sharing our beach with you again soon. Cheers, White Sands Negril

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went there for the 3 time in a row during the past 3 years and this is definitively a wonderful place where we always will come back to.
It is not such a overcrowded and hectic place. No megaphone calls you for entertainment and exercise during the day ;-)
Instead it's a nice family-run place that gives you the quietness and friendlyness that we were loking for. We really feel like home when we are there.
Everyone is so helpful, friendly and supportive.
The resort consists of suites / room on the beach-side and others on the garden-side accross the (easy to cross) street. We always stay on the garden-side. One bigger appartment on the beach side and one on the garden side have a kitchen. Maybe the rooms can be called simple, but they are big and there is everything in it that we need.
The breakfast and meals that you can have, they can be ordered and eaten at the little beach-restaurant where there is also a bar that has every day a different cocktail or drink on a 2 for 1 price offer. :-)
I could write so much more positive things. Negatives? I can not think of anything that we disliked there.

Room Tip: Garden side is quieter+more green. Fav.Room:G-11
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank juesienz
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for being a three-peater ! I hear you about the megaphone resorts. We cringe at the thought of all-inclusive ‘play makers’ directing their guests to partake in activities each afternoon. No thanks. We prefer to be called the capital of casual for all the right reasons. Our family will always help guests with any questions they have, and if they have none, we let them chill out and soak in the vibe of our place. And I have to agree with your choice of rooms, Garden #11 is my favorite Garden side standard room. Hanging out on the balcony feels like being in a tree house. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Cheers, White Sands Negril

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have stayed at WS off and on since 1997, and I have become close personal friends with most of the staff, including Francis and Henry. I mention that, because those two literally saved me from a huge catastrophe the day of my departure my last visit in February. My entire stay this time was as usual, FANTASTIC, and since I travel solo-it was very cool to hook up, and hang out with some of the same guests I met last trip. I swear, every guest I have ever met at WS is a repeat visitor...that should say a lot if you are considering staying there. I can't add much to all the positive things everybody else has already said, except in a friendly way, question all the 'hard' beds comments...are you kidding me? Personally, by the time I consume many of Tony and Paul's cocktails, I’m usually fast asleep not long after my head hits the pillow-I guess I've never had time to do a mattress analysis! LOL Okay, I'll cut to the chase regarding Henry and Francis saving the day. Like a complete idiot, and I still feel stupid for doing this, but what the heck-I'm surely not the first one… but...my day of departure, I went to the office and checked out without cleaning out my safe, which means I left WITHOUT MY PASSPORT...Even worse, I didn't realize my stupidity until we were only a half hour outside of Mo Bay, when I reached in my pocket for something else, and grabbed...you guessed it-my safe key! After telling my longtime driver of my predicament, I can now look back and laugh at the memory of the look of complete horror on his face..."You're going to miss your flight now, mon!" I've known Henry forever, and (luckily!) had his cell number memorized, so I called him and told him what I had done. NO PROBLEM...HANG TIGHT, and I'll call you right back...reassuring words from my longtime friend…He ran over to the office; sprint is probably a better word; and told Francis. Immediately a driver (Power) was dispatched to drive toward Mo Bay with my passport. My driver and I were to drive as fast as possible back to Negril; the plan being that we would keep in contact, and meet along the way...which is exactly what we did. The fast action by Henry, Francis, and Power (I hate to think how fast Power had to drive), allowed me to exchange their key for my passport, and believe it or not-I made my flight with plenty of time to spare! I can never thank Francis, Henry, and Power enough for springing into action and saving my day! Thanks again, guys see you next year!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank HoosierHick
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Thank you so much for not only allowing us to host you again, but for taking the time to post that rather exciting trip review ! Wow…you must have been a bit stressed. I am so glad the White Sands family was able to help you. I agree with you, I don’t want to think how fast the drivers were going to make sure you got your passport on time…I bet you could have used one of Tony or Paul’s cocktails after you made your flight on time ! Francis, Henry, Power and all the staff will always do everything we can for all our guests. And it is probably why, as you so rightly stated, you see so many repeat guests at White Sands each year. We treat them well and they come back year after year. It is a very symbiotic relationship that we cherish. We look forward to sharing our beach with you again soon. Cheers, White Sands Negril

Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I wanted to stay in a hotel/apartment that was as close to how everyone in Jamaica lives. We didn't want to stay in a big all inclusive hotel because we actually wanted to experience the culture..My husband read the reviews on tripadvior before booking.So..we were picked up from the airport in Montego bay by a taxi that the hotel hired. He was quite friendly and welcoming. I will say that sometimes you feel like you are living life on the edge when you are riding in the taxis because they drive really fast and crazy. The staff at the hotel welcomed us and were quite friendly. The room that we stayed in was ok. The hotel definitely needs to redecorate and become more modern. It did not have a tv, so if you are expecting a tv, microwave, working fridge, and a cool air condition....umm don't come here. I didn't mind those aspects, though it did get kinda hot during the day. The hotel told guests not to have the air conditioner running for long periods, which was kinda annoying. The room had a nice view of a garden on the patio. The beds were kinda hard. The bathroom was just ok...had a good working shower. There were maids that cleaned everyday. The hotel had a nice bar. The bartender and the woman cooking the food was kinda arrogant and rude at times...They didn't want to prepare our food at times....so we were forced to walk to other hotel restaurants to eat, which is what we did 90% of the time. There are tons of hotel restaurants on the beach. Nightlife was horrible. There was nowhere that was close by accept this club highly known for prostitution and drug usage. The beach was great. The water was so clear. I would recommend this place to people who want a short getaway from home and who aren't looking for much. This place was dirt cheap so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quetique
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to write such a long and detailed review. We are often described as good value for money so it is nice to read that you consider our rates dirt cheap. We always want to make a vacation at White Sands affordable to anyone. Suggestion…on your next visit book a One Bedroom Apartment. They are in the building that is closest to the beach, downstairs. All rooms have
TVs and they are the units that are the most recently renovated. They are quite large with glass block walk in showers, living room, dining room & kitchen. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to hosting you again. Regards, White Sands Negril